LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's Platform Clear Logos

Zombeaver

Trust me I suffer from the same issues. I ran all your original logos through photoshop and reduced them down to 500x212 to get more performance out of CrtiicalZone and to match the new res's you are posting. Idk if you are aware but I am sure you are that your original post were 1000 width and the new ones are 500. So it would be next to impossible to see the error.

Edited by keltoigael

That's actually not my doing... that's the forums randomly deciding to change the resolution sometimes. I try to check them and correct if necessary (removing the image and re-uploading) after posting, but sometimes I forget. If you download them from the downloads section they're all 1300 x 550.

I finished fixing all the logos around 2:00 AM last night and updated the download, so that's taken care of.

It occurred to me last night that for the platforms that have text variations for NA and PAL regions (like Genesis/Mega Drive and TG16/PCE) I should make entirely new logos for them - that way people who actually have both in their library can choose one version for one region and another version for the other region. So with that in mind, here's another logo for Genesis and Mega Drive.

Genesis - Normal:

Sega Genesis (Contra Hard Corps).png

Mega Drive - Normal:

Sega Mega Drive (Contra Hard Corps).png

Genesis - Scanlines:

Sega Genesis (Contra Hard Corps).png

Mega Drive - Scanlines:

Sega Mega Drive (Contra Hard Corps).png

I'm slightly more partial to Contra 3 myself, but that's probably more due to nostalgia than anything else. Hard Corps is a great game and in some ways it is better than 3; but nobody I knew had Hard Corps when I was a kid, whereas I owned and played the ever-living-hell out of Contra 3 as a kid. I still play through that one a couple times a year.

• Like 1

I was lucky to have both, I wasn't spoiled but my neighbor gave me his sega genesis when he got a SNES and I already had one. Contra 3 I think is the better game. Looks and sounds are amazing but as I got older Hard Corps is my favorite because it is a difficult game and is much faster game play.

Don't let the fact that Road Avenger is an FMV game fool you - it's freaking awesome. The novelty of FMV made these kinds of games a dime a dozen during the Sega CD era, but while many are just cheap cash-ins, Road Avenger is a complete blast - literally and figuratively. It also has a totally badass cover.

Sega CD - Normal:

Sega CD (Road Avenger).pngMega CD - Normal:

Sega Mega CD (Road Avenger).png

Sega CD - Scanlines:

Sega CD (Road Avenger).png

Mega CD - Scanlines:

Sega Mega CD (Road Avenger).png

• Like 1

The download has been updated to version 1.2 which includes everything so far, including all of the below. That's where I'd actually recommend getting them since the forums often randomly decide to just reduce the size of the images posted on the boards to a width of 500 pixels, even at "full size". They're all my normal size of 1300x550 in the download version.

Firstly, I wanted to do an updated version of the new Sega/Mega CD logo because I think the text was a bit too hard to read before. The previous one is still available in the "Alternate Versions" download.

Normal:

Sega CD (Road Avenger).pngMega CD:

Sega Mega CD (Road Avenger).pngThen I finished up the last of my new separate region logos with a bang. I went completely overboard with this but, screw it, we're doin' it live.

Exile: Wicked Phenomenon has a really interesting albeit slightly nightmare-inducing cover that I've always found fascinating. It has some nice art on the manual too though. So...why not do both? And several variants of both? And then scanline versions of all of those. All of which add up to a total of 24 images. Eh, sure why not.

TurboGrafx-CD Normal:

TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon).pngPC Engine-CD Normal:

PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon).pngTurboGrafx-CD (No Color Overlay) Normal:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (No Color Overlay.pngPC Engine-CD (No Color Overlay) Normal:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (No Color Overlay).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) Normal:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) Normal:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay) Normal:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay) Normal:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) Normal:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) Normal:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay) Normal:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay) Normal:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay).pngTurboGrafx-CD Scanlines:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon).pngPC Engine-CD Scanlines:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon).pngTurboGrafx-CD (No Color Overlay) Scanlines:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (No Color Overlay).pngPC Engine-CD (No Color Overlay) Scanlines:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (No Color Overlay).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) Scanlines:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) Scanlines:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay) Scanlines:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay) Scanlines:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 1) (Color Overlay).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) Scanlines:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) Scanlines:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2).pngTurboGrafx-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay) Scanlines:
TurboGrafx-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay).pngPC Engine-CD (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay) Scanlines:
PC Engine-CD (Exile - Wicked Phenomenon) (Alt Image) (Style 2) (Color Overlay).pngAaaaaaaand I need a nap now... :|

• Like 2

You out did yourself friend. These are amazing. Your color contrast choices are really good. I love the purple. I will be updating your wheels on my system later today. The only wheels missing now are the GBC and Neo Pocket. I spent all weekend editing 9k+ games down to 3388. I feel like that is a good number and I still want to trim down some of my niche psp games. Now I can start working on more theme stuff again. Great work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new one for the Atari 5200. As a C64 kid we didn't have Joust (it was released on nearly every Atari console but not the C64; my guess is due to some kind of deal between Atari and Williams Electronics) but we did have Jouste (see it's got an "e" so it's totally different) which was a carbon copy (ripoff) and I played a ton of that as a kid.

Normal:

Atari 5200.png

Scanlines:

Atari 5200.png

Normal - Version 2:

Atari 5200.png

Scanlines - Version 2:

Atari 5200.png

It's varies from logo to logo but generally speaking it's a combination of several gradient stroke layers, inner glow, outer glow, and drop shadow.

Here's what the one for the Atari 5200 text looked like, for example:

Stroke 1:

Text - Stroke 1.pngStroke 2:Text - Stroke 2.pngStroke 3:Text - Stroke 3.pngInner Glow:Text - Inner Glow.pngColor Overlay:Text - Color Overlay.pngGradient Overlay:Text - Gradient Overlay.pngOuter Glow:

Text - Outer Glow.pngDrop Shadow 1:

Text - Drop Shadow 1.pngDrop Shadow 2:

Text - Drop Shadow 2.pngThe text color itself is just white and the layer is set to multiply:

Text Layer.JPGThis lets me use the background image itself to form the inner portion of the letters. I then duplicate the background and mask it for just the text portion and then apply a blur so that it turns this:

Text Background Blur - 1.JPGInto this:

Text Background Blur - 2.JPGThere are other elements like noise, glow, and gradient mapping but these are the main points.

Getting the text right is probably the most time consuming part of making these.

• Like 1