LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen Saturn coming ?

Lordmonkus

Thought I would try saturn mednafen in Retroarch, but it just boots to a japanese bios like screen which looks like it wants date/time to be set. Nothing seems to get me out of that screen even if i set the date/time? Any idea? In Mednafen stand alone i don't have this issue and i'm using the same bios files.

37 minutes ago, ckp said:

so, what RA settings would you recommend to make the graphics look better...

Well you could use...

37 minutes ago, ckp said:

...no scan lines please

I got nothin'... xD

You could try some of the interpolation shaders like xBR. I'm not a fan of them in general but xBR is probably the best among them.

hard cpu sync is on but was set to 0. i set it to 1.

i just enabled cd caching.

now the performance is much better. thanks.

in stand alone the 4:3 fills my 1080p screen from top to bottom but in RA it leave black bars on all sides, so it's smaller. Trying 16:9 in RA also leaves black bars on all sides whereas not in stand alone. any idea how to fix the 4:3 in RA so it fills top and bottom?

I had the same problem with the AR in RA. I ended up creating my own custom viewport so that it properly scales to the top and bottom of the screen.

Basically you can instruct it to move/crop the screen by telling it to use "custom" AR and then tweaking the numbers. I can give you the exact numbers I used when I get home tonight.