LaunchBox Community Forums

Theme: CleanBG - discussions

niglurion

11 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Yeah it’s a bug which occurs when you are using alignment properties for the videos in your theme. I have the same issue with VLC in my own theme as well. I’ve posted this already in the Beta thread so I’m hoping that @Jason Carr has this still on his plate.

So unfortunately you have to use WMP for this theme until the VLC bug is fixed.

Thanks Cid. good to know!

Excellent work, niglurion. I think this is the best theme that I've seen so far. You don't happen to have one for Famicom Disk System, do ya?
Or if you can send me a background .psd I can slap the hardware image on it in Photoshop. I was just going to use the Famicom background
and slap the Disk System hardware on top but the controller is in a position that would need moved to the left.

As far as that VLC bug you guys are talking about... I'm not noticing anything wrong in mine? The videos seem to be playing properly with VLC for me and using CleanBG 1.1.1.
I'm not on beta, though... maybe that's why. I'm using 6.8

Edited by 8Phantasm

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

David, I am aware of that issue and it is on our plate to resolve. It is not an issue that is specific to this theme. My suggestion would be to use WMP until we can get it resolved.

Thanks Jason! Glad to hear.

6 minutes ago, 8Phantasm said:

@imdavid555 Where do I get those platform intros or whatever it is you are using when selecting platform?

These are created by a fellow named Baker. Here is a link to his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxNgRrtLSth94xOHNUHqUfw

You have to be a HyperSpin platinum member to get these theme videos.

16 minutes ago, imdavid555 said:

@subatomic09 the platform images I believe were used from this site: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos

Cool, thanks. I can easily make the transparent png's, but I have no idea what to modify in the theme's Views folder to make the image display over the background intro videos... I must do more research at a later date.

4 minutes ago, subatomic09 said:

Cool, thanks. I can easily make the transparent png's, but I have no idea what to modify in the theme's Views folder to make the image display over the background intro videos... I must do more research at a later date.

Most should already have one image with transparent background. Look for the images with the checkered background. Here is the Nes section as an example:

Capture.PNG

Just now, imdavid555 said:

Most should already have one image with transparent backgrond. Look for the images with the checkered background. Here is the Nes section as an example:

Capture.PNG

Thanks, yeah I see that. But I want to add a subtle drop shadow and vignette over background video to help it stand out a bit. Something kind of like the attached, with the background video darkened about 60%.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System.jpg

4 hours ago, subatomic09 said:

Great theme. I was hoping the platform images were separate from the backgrounds, like transparent png's, so I could use the platform intros as the background. Is that possible?

I've already answered to that a couple of posts earlier.
And I don't think I'll modify this theme anymore (just add some backgrounds). 

But you're free to use it, modify it and share it with another name if you want.
Per example, you can use the theme version without plateforms (CleanBGnosystem) and change the .xaml according to your desire. :)