LaunchBox Community Forums

extracting

Porl Hendy

Me?? You definely aint found me on a crack thread!! I was the 1 whos payment got rejected and was waiting for money to go back in account before i tried again. And thats what im doing here now! Please give me directions to this thread you mean as i have searched on here and cant find what you mean

Wow, then my apologies my friend. Now I feel like a huge jerk. I didn't think it was very likely for anyone else to use your exact same user name, but I guess that must be what happened. Unfortunately I'd rather not link the site here and give it traffic, but I can send you the link if you really want via email. Doesn't matter though; sorry I made that stupid assumption. I was also having kind of a bad day; that day I needed to be a little bit more forgiving lol. ;)

• Like 1

@mingmong24 sorry bud, but I don't believe a single word you're saying. Beyond the already highly unlikely event that there are two people, both with a username as specific as "mingmong24" (same lack of capitalization no less) inquiring about the same niche product, I noticed a very interesting bit of information in that thread Jason mentioned:

Mingmong24.jpgFun fact: mods can see your IP address. Did you know that? It's pretty neat! Would you be interested to know what a geolocation lookup revealed for your IP address?

Mingmong24 - 2.jpgNow that is one hell of a coincidence.

Still gonna keep up the act?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

@mingmong24 sorry bud, but I don't believe a single word you're saying. Beyond the already highly unlikely event that there are two people, both with a username as specific as "mingmong24" (same lack of capitalization no less) inquiring about the same niche product, I noticed a very interesting bit of information in that thread Jason mentioned:

Mingmong24.jpgFun fact: mods can see your IP address. Did you know that? It's pretty neat! Would you be interested to know what a geolocation lookup revealed for your IP address?

Mingmong24 - 2.jpgNow that is one hell of a coincidence.

Still gonna keep up the act?

So i come back after a day out and thought id continue to set up launchbox, i see this utter bollox conversation continue.

I do not care about coincidences but id like to see this thread  that is going about.

I have donated to hyperspin, i have a emumovies account for the past 2 years and now i have purchased a premium account here. Why would i purchase a premium account right after ive been accused of using a cracked version?

And dont start the reply with "sorry bud" then go on to be a sarcastic little weasle because im no bud of smart arses like yourself, the fact there is 2 people using the same username in the same country is nothing spectacular.

I have changed my name on here now, even changed the way i normally spell paul because god forbid if someone else out there has paul hendy as their username

Edited by Porl Hendy
Didnt want to double post

I would call it one hell of a coincidence that you have the exact username including the same number 24 and being from the same country and interested in like @Zombeaversaid a niche product.

Glad you bought a license though and you are welcome to browse the forums and interact with the people here but keep your insults like "little weasle" and "smart arses" to yourself. Zombeaver has done a lot here for this community, is always very helpful and deserving of some respect.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mingmong24 said:

Why would i purchase a premium account right after ive been accused of using a cracked version?

I'm not accusing you of using a cracked version - because when a crack was unable to be found, the plan in the thread then became for one person to buy a license and then share it among several members of the forum, splitting the cost between them. So you buying a license doesn't mean jack - that's exactly what was being proposed.

Crack.jpg

Mingmong24 2.jpg

22 minutes ago, mingmong24 said:

the fact there is 2 people using the same username in the same country is nothing spectacular

Yeah no, clearly you're so right. Clearly two people, both named mingmong24, both inquiring about a piece of software as specific as Launchbox, within the span of a couple days, both from the UK - no biggie. Just a big ol' coinkidink. Seriously guy? How completely retarded do you think people are?

• Like 1

I have to say as a bystander this is funny from both ends, this guy is being shady and yet y'all are feeding the hostility.  If you feel that strongly about this why don't you just block him from the forums since you have access to everyone's IP address. All he is doing is making people who are normally super helpful and professional look bad and bring y'all  down to his level.  I get the irritation, obviously he is lying but again don't stoop to his level. He is intentionally arguing the point to make you guys look bad. :/

PS And as an edit, dude really changing your name on the forum after the fact is not helping your case!

Edited by Temp

You can share accounts?

I can promise you that i aint bought any premium to share. Split the cost of $20?  Are preople really that tight?

If im totally honest then it does look like im lying but i have no reason to come here and try to defend myself. Id surely just ignore you all and continue to use a cracked/shared app?

How could i possibly prove myself?

License files are indeed DRM free.

Jason has chosen this route to go because it has been proven time and time again that there is no such thing as crack proof software. So rather than waste time, energy and money in trying to prevent what shitheads will do anyways he has taken the CD Projekt Red / GOG route and made Launchbox DRM free. This philosophy has proven to be the better way to go long term rather than making things more difficult for the legitimate users of a product and pirating it becomes the easier method.

If a bunch of jerks want to spend 50$ and share their license file then that is at least 50$ in Jasons pocket instead of just stealing it anyways.

I won't apologize or lose any sleep for defending something I care a great deal about from people who would take advantage. Nor do I think it makes me look particularly bad doing so, even if I exude more than a pinch of vitriol in the process. Ignoring this kind of thing is the only thing that would make me look bad. Jason works his ass off to bring people new features and fix bugs and respond to the community. If I see something egregious like this I'm not gonna just be like "Mmmkay." I can't do that, and I won't. We've built up a community of helpful, intelligent, friendly people here and we've been brought together thanks to the hard work and dedication that Jason's put into this thing. Something that I can only see as spitting in the face of that isn't gonna fly with me.

mingmong, Porl, whatever your name is, it's technically possible you're telling the truth and it's just an astronomically unlikely coincidence as you say, but I have an extremely hard time believing that. The convergence of multiple low-probability elements simultaneously just makes it a bit much for me. I'm not sure how or if you could prove the truth of your claims honestly, all I know is everything I see is pointing to the contrary.

• Like 1