LaunchBox Community Forums

StationEmulation Theme

viking

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, must not have settings right since i can't get the theme to show despite installing in the themes folder and adjusting the settings on the first page.

It seems i'm getting the default BB set up with the stock console photo up top and gameplay video underneath it.

Could someone help point me in the right direction?

I could have swore i saw the ES backgound for a split second yesterday as i was scrolling thru the console wheel, but all i see is what's described above.

P.S. found my problem. I placed the unzipped folder in themes named emulationstation 1.2.0, but failed to realize the file structure inside. 

Upon opening, there is one file named emulationstation where the theme and all its content are. That was the file i needed to place into the themes folder. problem solved and the theme is showing. Now to adjust views...

Edited by alexis524

I was able to fix my issue by wiping my computer lol.   I think maybe one of the theme files got screwed up.  but its working fine now.   yea im totally inserted in those screen shots.  I have started to replace some of the background with others.  I love the game burr shots but i wanted to swap them out but just a few.  i noticed maybe turbo graphic wasnt one i have.   ill let you know which ones im missing.

Thanks

1 minute ago, UP_AND_ATOM said:

I just updated to 7.5-beta-2 and the console selection page isn't showing properly. When I select a platform it displays like it did before, though. Has anyone else run into this? I just downloaded the latest theme files just to be sure.

I'll update and try it later so I can let you guys know if there's something wrong @UP_AND_ATOM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 1:18 PM, alexis524 said:

P.S. found my problem. I placed the unzipped folder in themes named emulationstation 1.2.0, but failed to realize the file structure inside. 

Upon opening, there is one file named emulationstation where the theme and all its content are. That was the file i needed to place into the themes folder. problem solved and the theme is showing. Now to adjust views...

AHH! I've been screwing around with this for 40 minutes trying to figure out why the theme wasn't working. I had made the same mistake as you. Thank you for clarifying or I never would have realized it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is a dumb question, but I am new to Big Box and still trying to figure out the settings.  How do you set the "blurred" background images when you are viewing the platforms?  Mine is just a gray background I can't seem to figure out how to change this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Viking, I know this is an old theme of yours but I noticed that in games view #2 the light grey bar along the bottom screen blocks the sort by letter ui that appears when you press left or right to jump to a certain letter. Is there anyway to remove that grey bar in the config somewhere?

@anroz2984 : For now, you have to blur your background by hand. Like the original theme. The advantage is that it consumes less resource. Good for small configuration.
But I can code in the theme the automatic background blur. I think put it up on the views in scanline (better for fanart) and do not put it on the views with scanline (better for video). The theme will be more resource consumer, but simpler out-of-the-box.

@johnugamer : Yes. I added them to the "BigCouch" theme. I'll add them to that one too.

UPDATE v1.3.0 !!

• add - Buildin blur effect on fanart. Only on PlatformView without scanline effet.
  • add - Search bar by letter. Only on GamesView. (Problems remain on the TextList and BoxView views. Sorry)

I have added the blur effect to code only for views without scanline. The one with scanline is made for video.
Now you no longer need to manually blur your FanArt. This will be done automatically, without changing your original file!

For the search bar, I add it to all GamesView. But I still have a display problem for the "TextList" and "BoxList" views. I can not figure it out. If someone has an idea, do not hesitate to look at the code and post here the solution !! Thank you :x

Platform_View_Details.thumb.jpg.759714e2c220489e6d9dda8bd7c5de2a.jpg

• Like 1

I LOVE this theme, works great on my 4:3 monitor, and low on resource as well, so no lag or stuttering.

Don't know if this is possible, but i have a small request.

I like to have a platform video on the background, which of course is possible, but the middle menu bar blocks it obviously.

Can you perhaps add an option to have the menu fade away after a couple of seconds or something, and have it appear again when you continue scrolling through the platforms?

One of the other themes has this options, i though the city hunter theme but i am not sure.

I have no idea if this is a lot of work, but i though i give it a shot asking.

Also, on my setup, for some reason, in Game view, the name of the platform on top of the screen is cut off.

Can i edit a line in the config file to make the font a bit smaller so that it's not cut off?

Same goes for the game details, the bottom part of the text is cut of by the "invisible border" of the text box.

If i could make it a bit smaller, or adjust the line spacing it would fit.

Edited by AeronNL