LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Exporter to create a folder structure for import into Launchbox

I have just downloaded the latest stable build and there is a launcher.exe there not a FS-UAE-launcher.exe I'm just tested now to see if the stable build is still working

go to the fs-uae website and download again

2016-10-09.png

Edited by orac31

Hi orac31,

Ok, no luck after re-installing, I am getting the same result as before. As soon as I double click on game entry, command prompt will run "Launcher_uuid.exe", then it will close and FS-UAE Launcher will run:

dd3u2wajwyousc86o.jpg

dd3ub1tcr029wq0ds.jpg

There is nothing reflecting on command prompt screen, is this how it is supposed to be? I have linked all three parameters in "Launcher_uuid.exe.config" again.

How your games are linked within FS-UAE? Are they in default path within FS-UAE "Floppies" directory or on different HDD and you added them to your File Database separately? I tried this, but result was the same, game was not auto-started.

Thank you,

levellord

34 minutes ago, orac31 said:

Have you done step one in this post and got the uuids and adding them? as your roms

Yes, all steps from this topic, page 4 have been re-done after I installed portable version of FS-UAE, nothing was missed. Thanks for your help, at least we know there was no issues with  "installer" version of FS-UAE.

Best regards,

levellord

Edited by levellord

Assuming your paths are correct, what you have looks good.

Here's my launcher config:

FS-UAE UUID Launcher Config.jpgHere's my emulator entry in LB:

FS-UAE UUID LB Emulator Entry.jpgHere's an example of a library entry that's using it:

Agony Library Entry.jpgYou are actually directing your library entry to the UUID file you export with the exporter right? Using the launcher in combination with a normal WHDLoad zip or a FS-UAE config file will not work with this because the "Don't use quotes" and "Use filename only" checks make it mutually exclusive from use with non-UUIDs. That's why you need separate emulator entries in LB - one for FS-UAE (for use with non-UUID launching) and one for FS-UAE UUID.

FS-UAE Emulator Drop-Down.jpgHere's my normal FS-UAE entry (note that this is not directed to Eirulan's launcher, this is just the normal Launcher from FS-UAE; the special UUID launcher isn't necessary in this scenario).

Normal FS-UAE.jpg

This would be used for launching custom configs that you can create in FS-UAE (for games that either don't have a built-in config or where the built-in config has some kind of problem with it):

FS-UAE Config Entry.jpg

I'll make that video this week for sure. It won't be tomorrow but it'll be this week - just had a bunch of crap going on lately. Sorry :(

Hi Zombeaver,

I think you nailed it here, I am not using exporter to generate UUID's and link that through LB, I was linking everything to directory with disk images. I did not realize that was necessary step because somehow it was not linked with that page 4... That is why the video with all steps would be awesome. It is getting late here and I am running out of time to test this, but will confirm back tomorrow.

Thank so much man, I mean it!

Best regards,

levellord

No problem! Yeah, the exporter is required for this to work and you have to direct LB to use those as "roms".

That will only cover the games that actually have built-in configs though - for the ones that don't you'll want to create your own configs in FS-UAE, import those as roms, and direct them to a separate emulator entry in LB for just normal (non-UUID) FS-UAE.

Glad to hear it @orac31! There's actually a list of other mappable actions here if you're curious:

https://fs-uae.net/input-actions

I just use ones for F10 and Warp myself, but there's some other potentially useful stuff there too; probably most notably save/load state (although states can be a bit iffy if you're using WHDLoad files, which is why they're disabled by default for WHDLoad).

I finally got to try this out , and here is what i noticed

1. it still exported duplicate titles

2. is this suppse to auto-launch when you click the icon or is it just for show ?? cause when i click any item it takes me to the fs-uae arcade menu

3. im using whdload files if that makes a difference

i really want to know about this and how it works :)

I have all of the exported uuid's and imported that to launch box ..so im not sure what i did wrong here

Edited by shadowfire36

12 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

1. it still exported duplicate titles

It will unless you select the "Export only one variant per game" box in the UUID exporter. If you select that box it will pick the first version it finds in that game's version list in FS-UAE and only export it.

15 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

2. is this suppse to auto-launch when you click the icon or is it just for show ?? cause when i click any item it takes me to the fs-uae arcade menu

Yes, it will auto-launch the game+config. It's taking you to the "fs-uae arcade menu"? You've definitely got something setup wrong then. It sounds like you're directing the "Launcher_uuid.exe.config" to the wrong .exe. Read and follow Eirulan's instructions from this post very carefully:

18 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

3. im using whdload files if that makes a difference

Nothing wrong with that. The vast majority of the games I'm using are WHDLoad as well.

19 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

I have all of the exported uuid's and imported that to launch box ..so im not sure what i did wrong here

Did you setup the emulator entry in LB correctly?

It needs to have the "Don't use quotes" and "Use file name only" boxes checked, and needs to be directed to the "Launcher_uuid.exe" like this:

FS-UAE UUID LB Emulator Entry.jpg

The paths in the Launcher_uuid.exe.config also need to be overwritten to whatever the correct paths are on your computer, as Eirulan mentions in the post I linked above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will unless you select the "Export only one variant per game" box in the UUID exporter. If you select that box it will pick the first version it finds in that game's version list in FS-UAE and only export it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea , i tried that and it still didnt work gave me 3 entries for zool and 1492... so my question does it sort weather or not its an 600 or 1200??? not sure if that's a factor ,but it diffidently didn't stop duplicate names

Nothing wrong with that. The vast majority of the games I'm using are WHDLoad as well.

Did you setup the emulator entry in LB correctly?

It needs to have the "Don't use quotes" and "Use file name only" boxes checked, and needs to be directed to the "Launcher_uuid.exe" like this:

FS-UAE UUID LB Emulator Entry.jpg

The paths in the Launcher_uuid.exe.config also need to be overwritten to whatever the correct paths are on your computer, as Eirulan mentions in the post I linked above.

I think i have LB pointing to wrong exe , I will check tonight when i get home

Edited by shadowfire36

47 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

Yea , i tried that and it still didnt work gave me 3 entries for zool and 1492... so my question does it sort weather or not its an 600 or 1200??? not sure if that's a factor ,but it diffidently didn't stop duplicate names

Some games are split up even within FS-UAE for certain things like normal vs the AGA version, so if there are multiple entries in your FS-UAE game list, those will be exported individually, even if "only one variant" button is selected in the exporter. That option just exports one version from the version drop-down list in FS-UAE:

Version Drop-Down List.pngYou should only see one of these if you choose the "only one variant" option. But if you have multiple games in the actual game list, those will all be exported regardless. Zool has a normal, AGA, and CD32 version, so that's probably what you're seeing.

The Amiga model used doesn't have any bearing on it.

Hi Zombeaver,

I just complete exporting games using "Exporter" and importing these to LB and it works: OCS, ECS, AGA, WHDLoad. No issues whatsoever! Thank you man, you and orac31 and Eirulan rocks! I did not check CDTV and CD32, but I don't think there will be problems. If I have time this weekend, I might put something together with each step explained so people can set it up with less stress and more time gaming.

Thank you all!

Best regards,

levellord

I've already started working on the script for the video. It'll be out this week. It's probably going to be longish but I want to go over everything, even some of the more unusual things like the half-color bug and using a custom WHDLoad.prefs file. I'll be going over setting up and importing custom configs as well, which is pretty important. I'm at about 3000 words right now and it's about 40% of the way done -_-

Here's the outline:

-Changes from default settings in FS-UAE [done]
-Importing Kickstart files [done]
-Adding custom controller hotkeys (warp, QuitKey, etc.) in FS-UAE [done]
-Connecting to the Open Amiga Games Database [done]
-Importing Games into FS-UAE [done]
-Creating custom configs in FS-UAE [done]
-Using a custom WHDLoad.prefs file to override the QuitKey for all WHDLoad games
-Exporting UUIDs from FS-UAE
-Setting up FS-UAE (normal/non-UUID) and FS-UAE UUID in LB
-Importing UUIDs into LB
-Importing custom configs into LB
-Fixing "half color" bug games
-Miscellaneous fixes (Hostages fix; games that use A600, etc.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Some games are split up even within FS-UAE for certain things like normal vs the AGA version, so if there are multiple entries in your FS-UAE game list, those will be exported individually, even if "only one variant" button is selected in the exporter. That option just exports one version from the version drop-down list in FS-UAE:

Version Drop-Down List.pngYou should only see one of these if you choose the "only one variant" option. But if you have multiple games in the actual game list, those will all be exported regardless. Zool has a normal, AGA, and CD32 version, so that's probably what you're seeing.

The Amiga model used doesn't have any bearing on it.

I got it thanks bruh. i need to update to a newer version of fs-uae to make it work

6 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I've already started working on the script for the video. It'll be out this week. It's probably going to be longish but I want to go over everything, even some of the more unusual things like the half-color bug and using a custom WHDLoad.prefs file. I'll be going over setting up and importing custom configs as well, which is pretty important. I'm at about 3000 words right now and it's about 40% of the way done -_-

Here's the outline:

-Changes from default settings in FS-UAE [done]
-Importing Kickstart files [done]
-Adding custom controller hotkeys (warp, QuitKey, etc.) in FS-UAE [done]
-Connecting to the Open Amiga Games Database [done]
-Importing Games into FS-UAE [done]
-Creating custom configs in FS-UAE [done]
-Using a custom WHDLoad.prefs file to override the QuitKey for all WHDLoad games
-Exporting UUIDs from FS-UAE
-Setting up FS-UAE (normal/non-UUID) and FS-UAE UUID in LB
-Importing UUIDs into LB
-Importing custom configs into LB
-Fixing "half color" bug games
-Miscellaneous fixes (Hostages fix; games that use A600, etc.)

Sounds awesome! I never used FS-UAE myself so your tutorial would be pretty useful for me as well. Looking forward to it :)