LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Exporter to create a folder structure for import into Launchbox

49 minutes ago, cleverest said:

If I've already use the launcher app, and imported the exports into  launchbox, what do I need to do to undo things? Do I need to? 

No you shouldn't need to. You'd just need to change the UUID emulator entry in LB to be directed to FS-UAE itself (like the non-UUID one) now.

• Like 1

If you want to double-check to make sure it's working once you're done, just open up the Settings.ini in FS-UAE -> Data folder and look at the "config_name" field. Launch a game via UUID, then check that field to see if the name matches what you launched, launch a different game via UUID and check the field again to see if it's updated to that game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28.11.2016 at 9:41 PM, illfated said:

I was writing something up in C# it gets the sha1 filename from the sqlite db, finds the file in Data/Images copies it to launchbox and renames it.

I've got one problem though... FS-UAE only downloads the files when the game has been clicked manually. So until i find a better way I have to click all those thousands of WHDLoad "roms" manually to let it download the images :S

That would be fantastic! You can download the entire picture package here: http://openretro.org/download

Edited by Expello
  • Like 1

On 26.2.2017 at 7:02 PM, Expello said:

Ok, i cant wait for it.

Here is my soulution, not perfect, but it works great!

Copy all the sha images to one folder an use the batchfiles.

sha to gamename.zip

Do you still require it? It's probably full of bugs and would turn your computer into a note7 as I am no programmer at all but It helped me and would look like this:

but your bats probably do the same thing

fs-uae media exporter.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So... I'm a complete Amiga scrub. I don't know what any of this is. I got my games set up and imported into Launchbox just fine and some run perfectly correctly as I was expecting. However randomly clicking around trying some out to see that they did load up. I got an error that I don't understand:

"Amiga Launch Task failed with Exception: 'Did not find the speicifed WHDLoad slave. Check the WHDLoad arguments' See log file for details."

I... what? May not be the exact place to ask but better than making a new thread? Not sure.

Not to be a jerk, but I'm not going to spend time trying to help you if you can't take time to watch and follow the (entire) tutorial. I took a week of my time to write the script, record and edit the video, so I'm sure you can take the hour to watch it.

Based on the error it sounds like you've done something wrong either in the export or import process and LB is being directed to non-existent files. I don't know for certain because I don't know what you've done. What I can tell you is that if you follow the process in the tutorial from beginning to end, you shouldn't encounter that.

I meant no disrespect or anything, I just skipped the parts that didn't apply to what I was doing. I didn't want to create my own custom configs, just import the WHDLoads I have and be done with it, so I skipped that, for example. Was hoping for more than a RTFM response, but okay. I'll just delete the two that aren't working. Had about enough of this convoluted process anyway. Thanks for the help.

I don't have an issue with that in principle, but you have to understand from my perspective - the video's got 10,000 views and literally a couple hundred comments between youtube and the forums, and among those you're the only one that's reporting this issue. To me that says that something isn't being followed that's covered in the video, but I don't know what that would be because I don't know what you have and haven't done and you don't know what you've done wrong because you haven't watched the whole video. That doesn't leave me with a whole lot of options for assistance. I can only guess. It's a multi-step process and if something is skipped or isn't done correctly it's going to break down.

The whole process is basically:

1. Import your kickstarts
2. Connect to the OAGD (OpenRetro now)
3. Direct FS-UAE to your WHDLoad files and import them
4. Run Eirulan's exporter, directing it to the launcher.sqlite file and to a folder where you'll be exporting the UUIDs
5. Add FS-UAE and FS-UAE UUID emulator entries in Launchbox, configuring each appropriately
6. Import the UUIDs and associating them with the FS-UAE UUID emulator entry
7. Import any custom configs that you create and associating them with the FS-UAE emulator entry

The only one that can say if it's worth the time and effort invested to get it working is you. If it's not worth it to you, that's okay. That's your prerogative.

And I did all of that, and for some reason Back to the Future 2 and 3 will not load but everything else is fine. I've tested a couple dozen and only those TWO aren't working for me.

• BackToTheFuturePart2_v1.2_0005.lha
  • BackToTheFuturePart3_v1.3.lha

I'm just clueless on why those two. Do I need to rename something? They both give the errors about not finding the specified slave. Literally every other game is fine. *shakes head*

You shouldn't have to rename anything. FS-UAE recognizes games based on their checksum, not their name, so the filename itself doesn't actually matter.

When you look in the game list in FS-UAE itself do you see those two listed? If you click on the version drop-down list (bottom left) do you see those versions listed?

Interesting. I just grabbed Back to the Future Part III and I'm getting the same error with WHDLoad version 1.3. I looked at the log but couldn't make much out from it.

Version 1.1, however, works.

5922eb6ab9279_BacktotheFuturePartIII-1.thumb.jpg.a49ff4acb4883da6b6d9aedb1d0c7079.jpg5922eecc8286e_BacktotheFuturePartIII-2.thumb.jpg.264b38a3873ab11f50150d7ade8e0634.jpg

It looks like the only WHDLoad version available for Part II is version 1.2 though, so you may be stuck with an ADF version for the time being.

This is probably something that should be reported to Frode, as it seems like a bug. You can contact him on the EAB section for FS-UAE or, more recently and probably easier, via their Discord channel. If you click the "connect" button at the right of the FS-UAE Homepage you can join it.

41 minutes ago, ReaperZer0 said:

Yeah, they both show up there. Neither works directly from FS-UAE either.

Thing is, up until zombeaver, quite rightly, called you out, you did not specify that you were only having issues with these two games. That would lead to a logical conclusion that either these rom files are broken / corrupt or there is an incompatibility with these two games and the emulator.

Logic would dictate trying to acquire these roms again, then try acquire from a different location, then try a different version of the roms.

If this fails, it's time to look at the emulator itself. In this case it's time.e to try older or newer versions of winuae or whatever emulator you're running

Edited by locvez
Typo

6 minutes ago, locvez said:

Thing is, up until zombeaver, quite rightly, called you out, you did not specify that you were only having issues with these two games. That would lead to a logical conclusion that either these rom files are broken / corrupt or there is an incompatibility with these two games and the emulator.

Logic would dictate trying to acquire these roms again, then try acquire from a different location, then try a different version of the roms.

If this fails, it's time to look at the emulator itself. In this case it's time.e to try older or newer versions of winuae or whatever emulator you're running

Yeah, I thought that maybe there were more but wasn't sure, and I went to sleep, wondering if it was a common thing or not. Then when I got back up I tried a few dozen more. Turns out it was only those two. It happens. It's fine. Can we get past the part where I did everything wrong somehow and let it go.

I went ahead and contacted Frode on Discord and told him what's going on. He said he'd take a look at them tonight.

I checked and the slave names match between FS-UAE and the WHDLoad versions for both 1.1 and 1.3 so I'm not sure what the issue is. In any case, version 1.1 will work in the interim for Back to the Future Part III. I'd try an ADF version for Part II.

15 minutes ago, locvez said:

To be fair, there is something unusual going on in this specific case. But yes, in my experience this is just good practice in general; when it comes to some platforms at least. It's absolutely necessary for things like C64 (if you're dealing with TOSEC anyway) - when one version doesn't work, try another. I will say, FS-UAE+WHDLoad is usually pretty good on that point.