LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Exporter to create a folder structure for import into Launchbox

At this point it's something that @Eirulan would have to answer. I really don't know. I didn't write the app, nor am I a programmer, so anything I'd suggest would just be a shot in the dark at this point. It seems to be having trouble opening the sqlite file so maybe make sure they're not write-protected/read-only. Maybe run the app as administrator. Maybe make sure you have the latest .NET Framework. Hell if I know.

6 hours ago, dudechester said:

I deleted Launcher UUID and made fresh one, and it worked :) Will never know why now, but sometimes it's best to start again. Thanks for your help zombie !!

Awesome! Glad it's finally sorted!

6 hours ago, illfated said:

Is there any way to export the media and meta data that fs-uae has of the game and import it into Launchbox?

About 30-40% of imported amiga games in launchbox have no media but can be found in fs-uae/oagd.net.

I don't believe so, no. That would be awesome though. I will say that the images that it downloads when you scrape the OAGD for your games in FS-UAE are stored in FS-UAE -> Data -> Images but they're in numbered folders (i.e. folders not named after the game title) and the image filenames are just gibberish. You could, of course, go through these manually and upload them to the LB DB but obviously that's gonna be a whole lot of work.

On 26.11.2016 at 6:10 PM, Zombeaver said:

Awesome! Glad it's finally sorted!

I don't believe so, no. That would be awesome though. I will say that the images that it downloads when you scrape the OAGD for your games in FS-UAE are stored in FS-UAE -> Data -> Images but they're in numbered folders (i.e. folders not named after the game title) and the image filenames are just gibberish. You could, of course, go through these manually and upload them to the LB DB but obviously that's gonna be a whole lot of work.

I was writing something up in C# it gets the sha1 filename from the sqlite db, finds the file in Data/Images copies it to launchbox and renames it.

I've got one problem though... FS-UAE only downloads the files when the game has been clicked manually. So until i find a better way I have to click all those thousands of WHDLoad "roms" manually to let it download the images :S

Hi,

apologies for not coming here so often and checking the posts. I also apologize for not updating the two apps like promised. To be honest, I lost interest in developing them further, this started as a small tool for myself and for me they work like I wanted them to work.

But if someone wants to play around with the code and the idea behind, here's the source code - feel free to use it as you like :-) The code is VB.NET but I'm sure this can be converted to C# in no time. I made it with Visual Studio 2015 Professional. You'll sure notice there is no proper error handling in place :-)

Cheers

Launcher_uuid.zip

FSUAE_Export.zip

• 1 month later...

I've noticed after running the exporter program that many of my Amiga games are duplicates with the only difference being that some are NTSC and some are not....I know what NTSC means, but I'm not wanting duplicates....in general is it better to delete the NON-NTSC ones and keep those to play with the emulator or should I get rid of the NTSC ones instead?  I know the original hardware didn't handle NTSC as well from what I read online, but I wasn't sure about the emulation experience...

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, cleverest said:

I've noticed after running the exporter program that many of my Amiga games are duplicates with the only difference being that some are NTSC and some are not....I know what NTSC means, but I'm not wanting duplicates....in general is it better to delete the NON-NTSC ones and keep those to play with the emulator or should I get rid of the NTSC ones instead?  I know the original hardware didn't handle NTSC as well from what I read online, but I wasn't sure about the emulation experience...

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean to be honest. The only versions are what's in the version-drop down list. Nearly all Amiga games are designed for PAL. There are a handful that have NTSC modes but by and large you can just stick with PAL all the time.

7 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Also what is supposed to be the difference (besides version which I see often, I'm keeping the latest ones when possible) between:

Alien Breed [WHDLoad, v1.1, 0998, Story]
Alien Breed [WHDLoad, v1.3, 0998

I know the other is 1.3 instead of 1.1, but it also says STORY?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Since I'm on a roll here, LOL

I see ones like:

APB [WHDLoad, v1.1, Files, 1708]
APB [WHDLoad, v1.1, Image, 1240]

files vs image...I'm wondering which ones, if any I can/should delete....? Are these dupes, are they different?

There's nothing unusual here... there are usually a good 10+ different versions for any given game. Again, these are listed in the version drop-down list.

FS-UAE.pngThey're not dupes but they're not necessarily dramatically different either. If you're using WHDLoad games, just stick with the newest version available (v1.3 instead of say v1.1 for example).

Thanks!  One thing, as per the tutorial...I actually cannot drag / drop the converted folders (or anything at all) into the Launchbox window like it's done in the video, my cursor stays a circle with a cross out in the middle....I feel silly, but I've never done this, always used the import wizard.....

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Cabirus said:

Good news: Apparently Frode fixed the save state/UUID problem in the newest version of FS-UAE.

Yep, Frode joined in on the conversation on the video tutorial thread:

A number of additional fixes/features are now present in the 2.9.3 dev version related to issues brought up in the video:

• Disable floppy clicking sound when loading a WHDLoad archive as a HD
  • Extract WHDLoad args from .info file when loading a WHDLoad archive as a HD
  • Add new launcher option to specify global WHDLoad quit key

FS-UAE 2.9.3dev Changelog
FS-UAE Dev Version Downloads Page

• Like 1

Full changes in the new version, YAY!

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.9.3dev:

• Updated FS-UAE icon.
  • Allow specifying sub_title = 0 to disable the sub title.

Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.3dev:

• Fix for published/unpublished status of variants.
  • Extract WHDLoad arguments from .info file when loading a WHDLoad archive.
  • Set floppy drive volume (empty) to 0 when starting with a WHDLoad archive.
  • Show error message when version started is too old (cannot read databases).
  • New option whdload_quit_key to set global quit key, added to settings UI.
  • Renamed “Joystick” to “Controller” in settings dialog.
  • Improved look on Windows 10.
  • Updated look for the settings dialog.
  • Updated button links to option docs.
  • Updated FS-UAE Launcher icon.
  • CDTV games (from database) did not set CDTV model.

Changes in FS-UAE Arcade 2.9.3dev:

• Add application icon to the Arcade window.
  • Added new icon for FS-UAE Arcade (instead of the Launcher icon).