LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Exporter to create a folder structure for import into Launchbox

OK I have ran into another issue.  I followed everything and it all worked fine.  Then I decided for portability I would uninstall FS-UAE and use the portable version.  The problem is when I click on a game in LaunchBox it opens FS-UAE Launcher.  Do I need to add something for it to lunch the game instead.  Launching from FS-UAE works fine.

I'm pretty sure that the Exporter has been obsolete since pretty much right after this was made but I could be mistaken. Anyway the author of the exporter has been away from the community for some time. They made one post in March of 2018 before that there 2nd to last post was in  Jan 2017 so you may be waiting a while.

• 4 months later...

I extracted all my WHDownload games and succesfully imported them into Launchbox, but every time I try to run a game just main screen of FS-UAE Arcade shows and I still have to start the game manually from there. What do I need to set up to make it work guys? ?

5 hours ago, marceli said:

I extracted all my WHDownload games and succesfully imported them into Launchbox, but every time I try to run a game just main screen of FS-UAE Arcade shows and I still have to start the game manually from there. What do I need to set up to make it work guys? ?

A quick demonstration of the entire import process from beginning to end once everything's setup:

• Thanks 1

So I need FF-UAE UUID. Gonna try to make it work. Thank you.

EDIT: It worked as a charm but... when I start BigBox mode I have only one game for my Amiga. Desktop Launchbox version shows all Amiga games.

Edited by marceli
Don't wanna create another post for this :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to get my games imported using the tool but I have no launcher.sqlite file nor a data/databases subfolder in my FS-UAE directory. I have added my games and run game updater which downloaded stuff and finished but I dont have that file so can't user the exporter.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

3 minutes ago, mentazm said:

Trying to get my games imported using the tool but I have no launcher.sqlite file nor a data/databases subfolder in my FS-UAE directory. I have added my games and run game updater which downloaded stuff and finished but I dont have that file so can't user the exporter.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

2 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Are you using the portable version? If not I think it puts them somewhere in Documents.

Yup.

image.thumb.png.d50639dc31962c4c108bbfcdfb79a74b.pngOr you can create a empty ini file in notepad called "portable" and put that in the main folder to keep everything portable.

image.thumb.png.edbf52369ff4c7e86ce6fcba3742e45d.png

Cheers guys. I added the game zips to launchbox and it downloaded the art for most without having to change the random file names. Guess someone had already parsed it, so don't need to use the importer anyway. However moved the files in there as I want my build to be portable, thought I had downloaded the portable version of FSUAE.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Pixel said:

It stopped working for me. I changed to ink shortcut in the "Launcher_uuid.exe.config" to have an icon and it stopped working.

The special launcher hasn't been needed in about 2 years dude. That's been stated in this thread multiple times. It was to address a bug that was fixed ages ago. You just need to direct Launchbox it to Launcher.exe.

• 2 months later...