LaunchBox Community Forums

Ver 6.9 Escape key working intermediately

Sithel

Mine isn't working at all. I have a button configured for "Back" and it simply doesn't work. If I hit ESC on my keyboard it will exit BigBox but I can't go back in menus nor access the configuration menu inside BigBox

I tried remapping the keys in LaunchBox but doesn't work either :S

@Jason Carr I have been having a lot of problems with the escape button as well in BigBox since the new release. Sometimes in BigBox I have to hit escape several times before it registers. For instance if I am backing out of the games menu into the platforms menu it most of the time works but then when I try to hit escape again to go into the options menu it will not work a lot of the time unless I scroll up on the wheel and then hit escape. It had gotten so bad I was beginning to suspect I needed a new escape button for my arcade cabinet. Stangely enough it seems to affect my arcade cabinet with my I-pac as a keyboard controller more so than my gaming pc with a regular keyboard Do you think it could be related to the new safeguards you put in for VLC?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DOS76 said:

BigBox has its own separate controller configurations under options so remapping keys in LB won't have any effect on BigBox

and where exactly is this? because if you mean the options menu inside BB I can't access it because you need to press the Back button to get to it and it doesn't work on my BB :(

3 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I more just wanted to let you know the settings you were changing in LB weren't going to have any effect on what you are tying to fix.

Yep, not only are they separately configurable, but in my experience updating LB can sometimes turn Controller Automation off in one or both places post-update. I'm not sure why :/

I was so pissed at BigBox not working that I decided to reinstall Hyperspin from scratch, it really is a pain in the ass specially if you integrate it with RocketLauncher like I did but it's working fine after a couple hours.

Then I ran BigBox again and the back button is miraclously working again... BUT now themes don't work anymore... WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY BIGBOX?? I really wish BigBox had the same look as Hyperspin because I really love LaunchBox installing and importing :)

Sure this will get sorted at some point soon @Supreme at least it's working again for now again. As LaunchBox and BigBox are in development most days with new versions and newer beta versions out most days then these problems will occur, the best approach is to leave feedback in the Beta testing thread and see if some else has the same problem in the BitBucket or mention it in one of the live development sessions

Hi guys, this functionality changed so that you can't back out while there are things moving in the interface. There may still be a glitch or two with it though because it should never take more than a second or two to catch up. If the Back button isn't working at all that seems like a separate issue (and a serious one actually that merits a bug fix release). I'll see what I can figure out.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi guys, this functionality changed so that you can't back out while there are things moving in the interface. There may still be a glitch or two with it though because it should never take more than a second or two to catch up. If the Back button isn't working at all that seems like a separate issue (and a serious one actually that merits a bug fix release). I'll see what I can figure out.

Hey Jason, it's working now but didn't work for more than 20 hours, I restarted the computer and BigBox several times and never worked untill I messed with HS and went back to BB. The problem is I don't think I did anything at all to solve it and I have no idea how to replicate the bug (although now themes are messed up and I can't make them work, maybe they're outdated?)

3 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Sure this will get sorted at some point soon @Supreme at least it's working again for now again. As LaunchBox and BigBox are in development most days with new versions and newer beta versions out most days then these problems will occur, the best approach is to leave feedback in the Beta testing thread and see if some else has the same problem in the BitBucket or mention it in one of the live development sessions

I'm well aware of this Rincewind, but BB was working so nice that I completly dismissed HS and then I got mad when my cousin came to my house and suddenly BB stopped working :-7

PS: Fortunately I had installed an old MaLa setup so she was able to play some old school MAME games :P