LaunchBox Community Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I will be updating this soon with another version that doesn't need the kill.exe anymore(kills explorer.exe) (some virus scanners see this as a virus...).
This results in a program crash (lazy me ;)). So I'll be fixing this.

Edited by aageon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2016 at 3:41 PM, paulmichel21 said:

hi i try to download but microsoft security esential block this file (virus) 

Hi Paul,

The file kills explorer.exe, so it may be falsely recognized as a virus by AV programs. Make sure to disable it or mark the file as safe if you can :).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6-11-2016 at 8:02 PM, daz said:

Hi aageon

Is there any progress on the Big Box Launcher as I use windows defender as my virus protection & for some reason even though I set all Big Box Launcher files as exemptions it keeps removing them.  

I am working on it yes. I'm fully rebuilding the code and adding extra's. The release of v1.1 will be close, it will also fix the false negatives.

What's new in version 1.1:

• One main program for both Explorer and Arcade edition (selectable on first run)
  • Your own artwork isn't bound on the resolution of the program, instead it will scale the program to your own artwork resolution
  • No more false negatives and removal by your anti-virus
  • Less crashes and several bug fixes
Edited by aageon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28-1-2017 at 6:52 AM, jonblaze21 said:

Hey aagon

Just seeing if Version 1.1 is out yet. Really looking forward to using this!

Main program is written, writing the final bits on the installer (no more fiddeling around with files or version). You can choose if you want the explorer edition or the arcade edition at install, no more false virus alerts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@adu To be fair, you can shutdown the PC via BigBox anyways.

@aageon: Firefox is giving me malware warnings in your main post and I don't see the file up on the Third Party Programs section of the LaunchBox website. Perhaps consider replacing them with v1.1 when it does come out?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 4:46 AM, aageon said:

Main program is written, writing the final bits on the installer (no more fiddeling around with files or version). You can choose if you want the explorer edition or the arcade edition at install, no more false virus alerts.

Hey Aageon

Just checking in to see when we should be able to use your new v1.1? Really looking forward to it!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...