LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Launcher v1.0.1

IyY8MOW.jpg

An Easy BigBox Launching Tool

What is BigBox Launcher

BigBox Launcher is an easy to install tool for Windows 7/8.1/10.

It's aimed at Arcade cabinets and HTPC's.

It's a tool I made for my own bartop :).

What does it do?

Arcade Edition:

* Kills explorer.exe at startup

* Launches BigBox

* Scans for BigBox while using almost no extra memory

* If BigBox crashes or stops unexpectedly the tool wil auto. restart and relaunch BigBox (No keyboard needed!)

* Customizable program background to fit your cab (JPG)

Explorer Edition:

* Kills explorer.exe at startup

* Launches BigBox

* Scans for BigBox while using almost no extra memory

* If BigBox crashes / stops unexpectedly or you close it manualy the tool wil auto. restart explorer (No keyboard needed!)/

* Customizable program background to fit your cab (JPG)

How to install?
this is the only time you'll need a mouse/keyboard:
- download and extract all the files in a folder of your choosing.
dRqBGxq.png

- make a shortcut of Big Box Launcher.exe
- place the shortcut in your startup folder
(example: C:\Users\dennis\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\)
- launch Big Box Launcher.exe with administrator rights!
iMdZDUF.png
- navigate to your Launchbox Folder and select BigBox.exe

-done :D

Background Customization
In the above image you can see a file: back.jpg
You can edit this file to you liking.
(warning: do not delete this file as it would still break the program. /lazy programmer)

WARNING: The links below could be blocked or flagged as a virus by web browsers and virus scanners. The author of these has assured us that it is a false positive but use your own judgement and any download and use of the these files are at your own risk.
- Lordmonkus 

Arcade Edition
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhlbtjfHTPY_hXHU8uHGuul89Mnl

Explorer Edition
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhlbtjfHTPY_hXDdjFM0u5OjeP5J

5gLaetp.png

Demo:

Enjoy! 

Edited by aageon
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, andyco47 said:

how do i get back into windows if i exit out of bigbox i just keep booting back in to bigbox.

at the moment only when you manually exit bigbox, just click on the program: hit ALT + F4

If there are some people interested in an alternative version without the restart I can whip one up. The restart is mainly for Arcade cabinets.

6 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Looks like a useful program for some people.

Could you upload this to the downloads section of the forums in the Third-party Apps and Plugins section ? You manage updates that way easier as well.

http://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/5-third-party-apps-and-plugins/

Done, but it seems like it made another thread aswell? 

Edited by aageon

17 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

it is for my cab but need to get to windows aswell to add game and other stuff i had to boot up in safe mode to delete the short cut in start up,so i could get back to windows.

I'll make an extra version that when you exit BigBox, explorer restarts and BigBox doesn't reboot :)
All my Roms and emulators are set, so I don't need windows much, but will add a version next weekend for the other people.

• Like 1

Oooh, looks like I got a HTPC at just the right time for all the great stuff that is going on with LaunchBox and community created apps like this! Great work! Once I have configured everything the way I like it (probably 25 years from now :P) I will definitely use this.

I would also like to be able to exit to Windows as I will still need to do PC stuff every once in a while on it.

Edited by Charco

1 hour ago, Charco said:

Oooh, looks like I got a HTPC at just the right time for all the great stuff that is going on with LaunchBox and community created apps like this! Great work! Once I have configured everything the way I like it (probably 25 years from now :P) I will definitely use this.

I would also like to be able to exit to Windows as I will still need to do PC stuff every once in a while on it.

Great :D ! Well the explorer edition is the correct one for you :).