LaunchBox Community Forums

Crack

Asparky

"Oke u all want it?? .... I did download and seems like i can remove the greyed out calls and more stuuf give me 3 days and ill break the ass of it"

Ha Ha the bitch hasn't done it yet  :D  but they are talking about buying a code together and making it puplic. maybe if launchbox could see if a licence shows up on multiple IP addressees that could t be one person.  then ban the licence and user ...

They already bought the code @Zombeaver already called out one of the users on the forum for the shared license. Both the users @StuDentBR @Prags  and another user @Mingmong24 who seems to no longer be a user on the forum are a few of the people that were involved who then didn't bother to even use different user names here.

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

My opinion on it is simply this.

Who cares ?

And I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just a case of there is nothing that can be done to prevent people from cracking and pirating software. No matter how much time, money and energy is spent on fighting it all you achieve in the end is you are now tired and have less money. Look at all the money spent by big AAA game studios to combat piracy and it prevents nothing.

Some people do live in places in the world where actually purchasing a license is not an option so if they feel they need to use a crack to get BigBox features then so be it. If someone uses a crack and decides they really like the software they may end up buying it after.

Win people over with DRM free goodness (looking at CD Projekt Red) and in the end there will be more sales than frustrating legitimate users with shitty DRM schemes (looking at UbiSoft) and people will just not bother.

I could keep going but there is no point. If someone on these forums are using a crack because they cannot legitimately buy the software because of location and credit card rules then so be it, I won't hold a grudge. If you use a crack or shared a license file and like the software please consider purchasing your own license, you aren't stealing from EA or UbiSoft here, you are stealing from 1 person, Jason.

• Like 1

I hear you @lordmonkus it just makes me mad especially when LaunchBox is the product of one man's hard work.  Would hate to see it effect him and LaunchBox.   One thing is taking from a faceless billion dollar company but a person working to make something wonderful for us that just makes me mad. 

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

..there is nothing that can be done to prevent people from cracking and pirating software. No matter how much time, money and energy is spent on fighting it all you achieve in the end is you are now tired and have less money. Look at all the money spent by big AAA game studios to combat piracy and it prevents nothing.

I don't disagree with this assessment at all - it's just that in the other thread one of the (likely) perpetrators had the audacity to ask for tech support O.o

Spending inordinate amounts of time and energy to combat this kind of thing is a lost cause, for sure. Just don't go to the very people you're scamming and ask them to help you set things up.

• Like 3

I agree and I'm also not innocent of taking software and media when I want it so I'm guilty of the same crime many times over but at least show some F*ck!n6 intelligence and use a different user name. I also know that if I lived in a region where it was difficult to pay for something that I wanted but it could easily be attained for free I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of it

Here's another little secret but don't tell anyone. If someone really can't get a license legitimately and they are really polite and ask Jason nicely he might just give them one.

There is just no point in worrying about people who steal the software, all you end up with is a headache over something you can't do anything about. Rule of life, worry about what you can control and just accept what you can't control.

I believe Jason is able to make Launchbox his job and support his family because of his approach to being DRM free and providing a quality product worth the money. Using The Witcher 3 and CDProjekt Red as an example, that game is awesome and DRM free and out sold so many other games out there due to the good will of CDPR.

• Like 1

WOW  i have a cofession to make, i have just become aware of this. I just recieved a email from a user on here (see attachments). A few weeks ago my son asked me to try this new launchbox as i have hyperspin set up on arcade. I tried it and liked it, i tried to make a payment and jason didnt recieve it, so i waited a couple of days to make sure the money didnt come out of my account before i tried to purchase again.

Anyway obviously my son couldnt wait and he purchashed a shared licence and i assume he had used it on his laptop. I chacked my paypal and he has sent money from my paypal too... i am going to kill him when he gets in from football.

A few days later i came to buy premium again and this time it all went smoothly, i am using my own licence as you can see its licenced to me. So really i have paid more then everyone else for 1 years licence but that serves me right for thinking i could trust my son with my details.

I would like to apologise to all the people i argued with and denied it was me, and even more so to jason

3.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Porl Hendy said:

WOW  i have a cofession to make, i have just become aware of this. I just recieved a email from a user on here (see attachments). A few weeks ago my son asked me to try this new launchbox as i have hyperspin set up on arcade. I tried it and liked it, i tried to make a payment and jason didnt recieve it, so i waited a couple of days to make sure the money didnt come out of my account before i tried to purchase again.

Anyway obviously my son couldnt wait and he purchashed a shared licence and i assume he had used it on his laptop. I chacked my paypal and he has sent money from my paypal too... i am going to kill him when he gets in from football.

A few days later i came to buy premium again and this time it all went smoothly, i am using my own licence as you can see its licenced to me. So really i have paid more then everyone else for 1 years licence but that serves me right for thinking i could trust my son with my details.

I would like to apologise to all the people i argued with and denied it was me, and even more so to jason

3.png

4 hours ago, DOS76 said:

They already bought the code @Zombeaver already called out one of the users on the forum for the shared license. Both the users @StuDentBR @Prags  and another user @Mingmong24 who seems to no longer be a user on the forum are a few of the people that were involved who then didn't bother to even use different user names here.

First of all i do not see the point of showing to everyone over the forum the usernames and even worse the personal email of people that you don't even know, well i really like launchbox and bigbox and i tried to buy but i don't have an international credit card, do you really think that no one ever shared this license between   friends ? We have made this small group of only 4 people so we could afford to buy it, we did not steal anything, each of us contribued it with what we could, and i don't think none of us would make this license public, well i am sorry for any harm we did cause... 

It's basically what he said. I don't have money NOW to buy the license. We did what we can to pay (a little, I know) and use the app.

When I can, I always buy an original game (just see my Steam account, there's a lot of games, but I bought most of them on Flash Sales and I pay on REAL (BR money) . 1 Real = 3,35 Dollar + Taxes (Credit Card).
We pay a lot in Brazil for games, so we do what we can do. Just for example:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for XBOX ONE:
350 REAIS (
https://www.microsoft.com/pt-br/store/p/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-deluxe-edition-pre-order-bundle/c45t6g9vw7v8 )

Do you know what that means?  The minimun wage on Brazil is R$ 880,00 ... A lot of people work 1 month to gain just 880R$... ONE game cost almost half of what (It's not my case, it's just an example).

I’m not trying to make excuses. I’m just saying the facts.
If Jason decide to delete our license, so do it. It’s totally
understandable, because we are wrong and that is a fact too.

In the future I hope have some money to pay for a license just for me (lifetime preferably, because, yes, Launchbox is a great program).

Again, sorry for the problems. And like Student, I cant undertand the reason to show our emails/real names. The “Father” could send this just to Mods/Jason …

And sorry for my English. I can ready easy , but write .. =P

Edited by Prags

Man I really don't know what to do with this.

Part of me is thinking I should remove the pic with the names and emails but at the same time why should I do that to protect a couple of people trying to steal from Jason. I do find it ironic though that people worried about their email privacy is using a gmail account.

I fully understand and get the fact that it is difficult or impossible to buy Launchbox in certain countries because of exchange rates and credit card rules.

I have no idea either of you tried to contact Jason privately about obtaining a license through other means or not, that's between you and him.

Edit:
Ok I thought about it and I removed the pics with the names and emails just because I believe it is the right decision. Don't make me regret it @Prags and @StuDentBR.