LaunchBox Community Forums

Crack

Asparky

7 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Man I really don't know what to do with this.

Part of me is thinking I should remove the pic with the names and emails but at the same time why should I do that to protect a couple of people trying to steal from Jason. I do find it ironic though that people worried about their email privacy is using a gmail account.

I fully understand and get the fact that it is difficult or impossible to buy Launchbox in certain countries because of exchange rates and credit card rules.

I have no idea either of you tried to contact Jason privately about obtaining a license through other means or not, that's between you and him.

Edit:
Ok I thought about it and I removed the pics with the names and emails just because I believe it is the right decision. Don't make me regret it @Prags and @StuDentBR.

well thank you, this is the right thing to do, i did not try to contact him, i know i should have done that. And be sure that i will. 

I agree with what@lordmonkus just did by removing it, but my question is directed toward the father, why would you post all of that on an open forum. That to me is almost as wrong as lying to begin with about getting the Crack version of LB and then being dumb enough to ask for help with it on the legit forum. If you actually look at the email addresses for what you posted it says they all go to one spot so I know you saw at some point they did this. Just own up to it and drop it already. Kinda stupid to keep dragging it out.

I've said this many, many times before but it bears repeating: Jason is the nicest dev you'll ever talk to. The fact that you can talk to him at all puts him a good deal above most from the very get go. He also works his ass off, by himself no less, to bring the community new features, bug fixes, and discuss development; and he does this on a daily basis for everyone here. And perhaps most importantly - he actually listens to the community. That's what you're buying into when they buy a license - not just an extremely cool piece of software.

If you're having some kind of trouble getting a license because of some kind of financial difficulty, or just getting the short end of exchange rates, please please just talk to Jason about it before doing this kind of shady back-alley crap. He'll listen to you and help you get it figured out, I promise. Just send him a private message on here.

• Like 1

Woah, ha, I wasn't even aware this topic existed. Thanks guys for all the kind words. I won't be disabling that license but my hope is that when you guys can afford to purchase a license for yourselves that you would. It won't be the first or the last time that piracy happens, but I do hope and pray that we can continue to be successful with minimal amounts of piracy, keeping the DRM-free strategy. Thanks all.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Woah, ha, I wasn't even aware this topic existed. Thanks guys for all the kind words. I won't be disabling that license but my hope is that when you guys can afford to purchase a license for yourselves that you would. It won't be the first or the last time that piracy happens, but I do hope and pray that we can continue to be successful with minimal amounts of piracy, keeping the DRM-free strategy. Thanks all.

Damn Jason, that is really nice.

I have Brazilian family and these guys seem to be from there, I know their local currency is being devalued a hell of a lot so buying things prized in dollars/euros is ridiculous right now considering their minimum wage. Of course that is not an excuse for their behavior, one can really enjoy LaunchBox for free without Big Box, I did that for a long time. So guys, please be patient and save money to buy licenses if you can.

My own currency, the Mexican peso has lost 50% of its value the last year or so, for example if I buy a product that costs $100usd, that would be around 1200 Mexican pesos before the devaluation. Nowadays, $100 usd is equivalent to 2025 Mexican pesos approx.

I wrote all that just for you guys to be aware of the situation.

And please, if someone cannot afford a license, stick with LaunchBox.