LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Tutorial for n00bs

Lordmonkus

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Yup, glad you got it sorted out.

Btw guys, while I have you here, you may help me out on this little quest I have.

I'm trying to create a theme that would look something like this with a vertical screen, horizontal wheel but not a straight wheel, I want a curved one like so.

Any ideas where to begin?

BB6.jpg

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 8:39 PM, neil9000 said:

But do they load?

Hey guys, believe it or not, I am facing the same bug that I had last week.

I knew this might happen because I change my ROM directories to fit a more logical format like placing them into platforms (Arcade, Atari 2600, etc..) so not big deal right, I was just a small bulk edit from fixing it like last time but nope, it wasn't gonna be that easy for me as you can see in this Centipede screenshot.

LB1.jpg

The problem I had last time was that I fixed the problem but I still didn't understand why the big was fixed.

- Yes I made sure my game would load in MAME 1st, so the ROM directories in MAME can find the zip files of my roms.

- Yes I deleted everything, closed LB, start it back up, import ROMS, select all my ROM zip files then MAME as the emulator but nope, nothing working.

I deleted not only all the games in LB, I deleted the entire LB and reinstalled it... and nope, no such luck.

So now just to make sure I do it right this time and stop buggin you with this basic stuff, I will do 1 with you and show you all the steps in screnshots.

I will delete everything, platforms, emulators, ROMs, etc... that was setup in LB and try to load Centipede. When this one works, I will load to other games.

So here we go...

Merlin

Here are all the screenshot taken from the Import Wizard.

Let me know where the problem originates..

I went with select File instead of Folder just to start.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

At this point I decided to right on it and click "Open MAME".8.jpg

You can see below that Centipede and many other games I have are all green and ready to go. 9.jpg
When I clicked on Centipede here, the game loaded just fine.

So gentlemen, where exactly did I f*ck up?

Merlin

Edited by MerlinArcade

I know I said that last time but are you sure it's not a software bug?

I mean this ain't rocket science here...

- Select the ROM (centiped.zip)

- Select a platform (Arcade)

- Select the emulator (MAME) and find the path to the .exe file.

Download the images and then run the game right?

It's almost like I have to do those steps 10 times and then be lucky for that one time where it will work.

Edited by MerlinArcade