LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Tutorial for n00bs

Lordmonkus

4 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

i did, the issue is (apperently its a common issue) is that if your using a wireless controller or usb controller, sometimes when you re launch mame , all the mapping get reset and you have to re do all the button again.

That is a issue i have never seen before personally, You need to set the  controls in input general.

Screenshot (181).png

1 minute ago, tallpr24 said:

try it with a control pad, you will see , after mapping the buttons, if you re launch mame, the mappings are gone. are we allow to post urls here?

you can post screen shots directly, it depends what the url is whether we allow it or not.

man, if you can tell me your secret, you will make my day!!

i set this up big box for me and my 4 year old and he loves mame, but cant play it because of this issue.  I read something about guid for each controller , and that some sort mame ini file to fix this.

Just now, tallpr24 said:

man, if you can tell me your secret, you will make my day!!

i set this up big box for me and my 4 year old and he loves mame, but cant play it because of this issue.  I read something about guid for each controller , and that some sort mame ini file to fix this.

There is no secret just set it in the tab menu i showed you, set it as general then "this machine" for any game you want different than default.

I wish I had a solution for you but unfortunately I do not.

It could possibly be an issue with the UI version of Mame you are using, I have only used command line versions for a while now and never run into this issue.

In that thread you linked they mention launching a game with no controller plugged in or turned on will cause the controls to reset.

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

I wish I had a solution for you but unfortunately I do not.

It could possibly be an issue with the UI version of Mame you are using, I have only used command line versions for a while now and never run into this issue.

In that thread you linked they mention launching a game with no controller plugged in or turned on will cause the controls to reset.

Im using MAMEUI myself, no issues. Drop this in your Cfg folder.

default.cfg