LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 6.12 Change Log

Lordmonkus

Version 6.12 - Released October 18, 2016

- New Premium Feature: Added custom marquee support to Big Box for arcade cabinets

- New Premium Feature: Added proper multi-monitor support to Big Box

- Improvement: Significantly reduced pop-in for images in LaunchBox

- Improvement: Added a Producers tab to the About dialog for our amazing Patreon contributors :)

- Fixed: Voice recognition commands specific to Big Box were complaining about not being in Big Box (bug was introduced in 6.11)

- Fixed: Images were not retained when renaming games (introduced in a recent version)

- Fixed: LaunchBox (not Big Box) was causing LEDBlinky to fire a list change and a game select command after a game started running

- Fixed: AutoHotkey was working properly for events, but not for executing commands on startup of emulators, etc.

- Removed: The import and export to zip file features were removed as they are no longer necessary when switching platforms between different LaunchBox installations; now it's as simple as just copying the platform's XML file and media files between installations

• Like 2

" - Fixed: AutoHotkey was working properly for events, but not for executing commands on startup of emulators, etc. "

7 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Version 6.12 - Released October 18, 2016

- Fixed: AutoHotkey was working properly for events, but not for executing commands on startup of emulators, etc.

Will this work for PC games? In Streets of Rage Remake, you need to use the Esc key on a keyboard to exit the game. I would like to be able to exit this game by holding Select and pressing Start, like in all my emulators.

6 hours ago, Charco said:

Ah that's a pity, I guess I'll need to invest in a wireless keyboard for my HTPC. Thanks for your reply Jason :)

This can be easily accomplished with a keymapper. Xpadder or Joy2key.

I do something similar (Hybrid type controls) for RocketLauncher as the + key opens up RL Pause menu. So I just leave Xpadder open, Lefthumbstick in activates my hotkeys in RetroArch, for instance. I also map that same button to "select profile 2 while held" in Xpadder. On profile 2 in xpadder, just mapped the start button to the + key. So in Xpadder those are the only two buttons I map. It just stays open. Possible conflicts if the buttons you're mapping are natively used by the game, but no reason I can think of this shouldn't work for the escape key.

I realize that's poor instructions haha. But if you want some clearer ones just hit me up. 

GL 

Edited by fromlostdays

Hi people,

I have very excited with the new feature :

- New Premium Feature: Added custom marquee support to Big Box for arcade cabinets

But i have a problem because i can't show the marquee in my second monitor(I put the image on the correct path (...\Arcade - Marquee). I try put and conect the socond monitor with two options ( 1 on 2 option and Expand monitors and I can't see any image in my second monitor)... of course I see windoes in my expand second monitor and I could move any image manual, but I can't try to show the Launchbox or Big box and I can't see any option for the marquee.

Could you help me about my problem, Please you?

Thank you so much people

So, I'm not really familiar with the "Primary Screen and Marquee Screen" feature. I've seen the term "marquee" a lot with respect to arcade cabinets and "marquee" images, but I never really looked into just what it is. 

Assuming you don't have a cabinet (yet!) like me, I'm guessing there could be something cool to use with this feature if you happen to have two screens available (like me), but at this moment I have no idea  :)

I have purchased a monitor for my arcade cabinet for dynamic marquee support, unfortunately the only thing I could afford was a 24" monitor, which I will have to modify my arcade cabinet to fit, but it will be my marquee screen none the less.  The only problem I have is that Bigbox either makes the image full screen on the monitor in the center (like box art), or the marquee is dead in the middle of the screen.  To make it work I need the marquee images/box art images to only take up half the screen (since that is what is going to fit in the marquee windows of the cabinet) is there anyway to do this, make it so that the image will be full screen for a specific area?  I was looking into some 3rd party monitor splitting applications, but since both the marquee title bar and the main bigbox title bar window are the same name and path, I'm unable to do it.  If the marquee could be windowed in some way, and full screened in a virtual work space, that might work.

On 10/28/2016 at 11:29 AM, captainwarnock said:

I have purchased a monitor for my arcade cabinet for dynamic marquee support, unfortunately the only thing I could afford was a 24" monitor, which I will have to modify my arcade cabinet to fit, but it will be my marquee screen none the less.  The only problem I have is that Bigbox either makes the image full screen on the monitor in the center (like box art), or the marquee is dead in the middle of the screen.  To make it work I need the marquee images/box art images to only take up half the screen (since that is what is going to fit in the marquee windows of the cabinet) is there anyway to do this, make it so that the image will be full screen for a specific area?  I was looking into some 3rd party monitor splitting applications, but since both the marquee title bar and the main bigbox title bar window are the same name and path, I'm unable to do it.  If the marquee could be windowed in some way, and full screened in a virtual work space, that might work.

Ive been working on this and settled here...Use ImageMagick to recreate all the marquees and place the image in the spot it should go. This also allowed me to add clear logos and box art to marquees for all console games with one quick script. 

10 hours ago, igotdvds said:

Ive been working on this and settled here...Use ImageMagick to recreate all the marquees and place the image in the spot it should go. This also allowed me to add clear logos and box art to marquees for all console games with one quick script. 

I have used a custom theme to set my height, width, and vertical positioning for all the images within launchbox, @igotdvds I will use ImageMagick to resize all the arcade Marquee's to fit my screen, however, I'm a little confused about what you said about box-art for console games. Are your box art images stretching to fit your screen for consoles, or are you just putting the box art in the middle of your screen?  Just curious what others are doing as to make the marquee look beautiful no matter what game is being played. 

8 hours ago, captainwarnock said:

I have used a custom theme to set my height, width, and vertical positioning for all the images within launchbox, @igotdvds I will use ImageMagick to resize all the arcade Marquee's to fit my screen, however, I'm a little confused about what you said about box-art for console games. Are your box art images stretching to fit your screen for consoles, or are you just putting the box art in the middle of your screen?  Just curious what others are doing as to make the marquee look beautiful no matter what game is being played. 

Like this....

After Burner II.png

Very interested in the marquee integration.  In fact I just installed Launchbox last night to test the marquee settings.  I'm coming from Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher so I was pleasantly surprised with how easy the 2nd monitor feature works.  Good work!

So the super stretched marquees still operate at normal resolutions, meaning that when you "maximize" a window you only see the top 1/3 of it on the stretched LCD.  They're weird.  That being said how might I edit the marquee display area in the theme and is there a way to set images to 'stretch' to the edited display size?  Also looking to change where the marquee directory so I can change off the game boxes for the home console stuff.

Thanks!  Keep up the good work.  I'm already a big fan of your FE here.

• Like 1