LaunchBox Community Forums

Indie Games (PC) custom boxarts collection ( WIP thread / 300+ )

Aurel

@madfox Fantastic last batch! Some of the boxes really surprised me. Superb job < 3

( Note: I had a look at the box you're stuck with... same here. Ingame graphics and the few arts you can find online are super super bad quality, I tried but can't think of anything neither, sorry man : / )

So, I guess that's a wrap. I'll make a big fat ZIP with everything in there, rename every image so they're good for database, and we're set! : )
I think we made one or two boxes twice, so I'll include both versions, Madfox's and mines so people can pick their favorite.

A few last ones from my collection. I remade the Ittle Dew ones as they were not that great on first try, and added a few more games as well. (Akuji was kind of a pain in the butt to make as there is no logo available, nor official artworks, only ingame stuff. But that's a great free doujin to play if you don't know it already)

Distance-01.png

Akuji-01.png

Ittle Dew-01.png

Zombie Night Terror-01.png

World Of Goo-01.png

Rockman 8 Famicom Remake-01.png

N++-01.png

Legend of Grimrock II-01.png

Ittle Dew 2-01.png

Edited by Aurel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, everything has been renamed in a clean way and zipped into a new archive here:

Also, let's give ourselves a pat on the back: we just reached 326 boxes.  326 BOXES!  how cool is this? < 3

It means every major indie game title will be now included in the Launchbox database... Mission complete for the most part!

From now it will only be a few boxes to make from times to times to catch up with some titles we could have missed.

Thanks a lot @madfox and @fistydollars, you rock guys!

Edited by Aurel
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals,

awesome work you've been doing. It inspired me to do some of my own. Mine are not exclusively for Indies since I aim to achieve a unified look and eventually do box arts like this for all my games.

For convenience sake I have uploaded all to an imgur folder, here's the link: Davy's custom boxes (168 images)

But I have also uploaded them to the Database, though it will take a while until all of it is approved :D

I also did a lot of clear logos. Should I post them somewhere in the forum? I have started uploading a bunch of them to the DB, but still have many on my drive.

That's all for now! Everybody else working on this, keep up the good work!

• Like 3

Hi Aurel, great work on the indie box art. I wondered how you added your collection. I see you have them under Windows Indie. Having not added any PC games yet I'm not familiar with the process. I see there is a add pc games feature and add steam game feature. One of your games "the binding of Isaac" I have on steam. I assume whether or not it's on steam or not they will all come under PC games?

Hi!

I made myself 2 categories, PC Windows Games (more focused on AAA boxed games) and Indie PC Games.

Then I import either the .exe or a shortcut from the game application in launchbox, select import as ROM, and select a random emulator for it which I won't use anyway.

Once done, I select all the PC Games in launchbox, batch edit, and modify the emulator field to be blank.

Done! Works for Steam and non-steam games : )

Woah, 500 is indeed a huge milestone!@Aurel @madfox @davyfreeman I just want to say thanks to you guys for all your work and congrats for reaching that goal, it’s so much appreciated! And of course I also want to thank @FistyDollars as well for uploading all of these to the database :)

On 14.1.2017 at 0:34 PM, davyfreeman said:

I also did a lot of clear logos. Should I post them somewhere in the forum? I have started uploading a bunch of them to the DB, but still have many on my drive.

It would be great if you could upload them all to the database. This is the best way to get them to all LB users out there :)

If it’s too much work for you to do this all alone you can still upload them as a package here in the forums or download section and ask if somebody is willing to help you a little with it.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...