LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox/Retroarch losing binds

SavingPrincess

Just now, neil9000 said:

lol ok, how do you want your controls mapped? are you using a dual stick pad or a single?

A pic of my controller is in the op, I'll add it here too and how I want it mapped: 

You can see that it's a single-analog stick, with a D-pad, and six face buttons (exactly the mapping of the n64 controller). 

2016-11-29_22-56-53.png

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Correct!! That's what I'm failing to explain...they look the same but are not.

they use a modifier or shift button.

Right, that's... I mean, I understand HOW the default controls work, but that's not what I want xD

I don't want to use a modifier, I want to map direct... button for button, like my controller is laid out.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on that! :) 

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

the button in the brackets is a modified button, so B is the button mapped but the (C-down) is a modifier on that button.

Yeah, I know, sorry if I'm not being clear.

Here's how I want the controller mapped out

X = A
Square = B
Circle = C-Down
Triangle = C-Left
R1 = C-Up
R2 = C-Right

i.e. I want to use dedicated buttons for the c-buttons and not a modifier. 

Yeah its a tricky one, im stumped on it as well since I don't have that controller. The clone USB N64 controller worked fine but I guess RA is detecting the Madcatz controller as a regular PS controller and thinks it has 2 analog sticks.

I'd suggesting asking over on the Retroarch forums and hopefully someone there will have a good answer for you.

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Yeah its a tricky one, im stumped on it as well since I don't have that controller. The clone USB N64 controller worked fine but I guess RA is detecting the Madcatz controller as a regular PS controller and thinks it has 2 analog sticks.

I'd suggesting asking over on the Retroarch forums and hopefully someone there will have a good answer for you.

It will definitely detect it as a PlayStation Controller likely because the firmware is designed to be recognized by PS3/PS4. =/ Thanks for your help.

5 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Sorry one more quick question: about the config saving, when I choose "save new config" it just says it saves retroarch.cfg and not a new file... is a new file generated somewhere other than the retroarch\ root dir?

Just now, SavingPrincess said:

Sorry one more quick question: about the config saving, when I choose "save new config" it just says it saves retroarch.cfg and not a new file... is a new file generated somewhere other than the retroarch\ root dir?

Check in the config folder.

Also if you have more than one controller it usually is best to do the remaps in the quick menu core bindings and not the main controller bindings.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Also if you have more than one controller it usually is best to do the remaps in the quick menu core bindings and not the main controller bindings.

So retroarch lies... when you press "save new config" it says "Saved new config to c:\Retroarch\retroarch.cfg" but it actually saves the core name to the config folder... =/  lol

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Definitely got it working right using -c config\whateverthingy.cfg per core. This also lets me set up my fightstick and SNES controller per core too.  Thanks for helping me understand how it works. :)