LaunchBox Community Forums

MinimalX

eatkinola

45 minutes ago, Dan said:

One of the default skins? There is only one default skin in my BigBox menu and it's called "default"?

Edit: my mistake - I see that Abstract-Kevlar is one of the skins in your download. I can find it in the folder.

Line 52 of the AOStyles.xaml reads:

<System:String x:Key="AOSkin">Abstract-Kevlar</System:String>

Now what do I do? Do I need to install Visual Studio?

Those things look good. I'm away for awhile but can help you troubleshoot more later. No, shouldn't have to install Visual Studio. When you install LaunchBox it asked you to also install something else ... I think it's a .NET update?, don't remember but whatever it is you should probably install it.

31 minutes ago, imdavid555 said:

Any plans for a Cover Flow for Details games view?

This theme is absolutely fantastic! Just wish it had that game view.

Was considering doing that view, you just helped me make up my mind so yes. The next update will also have 16:9 views for platforms and games. It will skin itself with whatever image you want, and will be skinnable with videos too ... almost fell out my chair when I found out how to do that. Should be done in a day or so.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Was considering doing that view, you just helped me make up my mind so yes. The next update will also have 16:9 views for platforms and games. It will skin itself with whatever image you want, and will be skinnable with videos too ... almost fell out my chair when I found out how to do that. Should be done in a day or so.

This is awesome news! Looking forward to the update! :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, imdavid555 said:

Cover Flow w/ details view? its illegible / very faded

Sure thing. This happens because that part of the background image is pretty light so there's not much contrast with the font. You can change the font used via AOStyles.xaml -- look for setting AODecoFontColor. You can also adjust AOAccentTintyOpacity to be closer to a value of 1 (opaque) if you want. This will have global effects on the theme, affecting other views which use the Deco font.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Sure thing. This happens because that part of the background image is pretty light so there's not much contrast with the font. You can change the font used via AOStyles.xaml -- look for setting AODecoFontColor. You can also adjust AOAccentTintyOpacity to be closer to a value of 1 (opaque) if you want. This will have global effects on the theme, affecting other views which use the Deco font.

Thanks eatkinola! Looks great now :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Porl Hendy said:

Is it possible for me to remove the AO big box platform text on the new view?

Yes, you can edit this text in the Platform and Wheel views.

9 minutes ago, Porl Hendy said:

And also the text on the left hand side of the clear logos?

Yes, go to Images\Panels folder and edit the wheel2-4 PNG "alpha" and "accents" files. Just clip out the parts of the image you don't want, and be sure to save it again as a PNG to preserve transparency. I used Gimp to edit these files.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Porl Hendy said:

Please can u give me more info on this.

Sure, no problem. If you want to remove the "- BIG BOX -" and "P L A T F O R M S" text, edit these files in the Views folder:

PlatformWheel2FiltersView, PlatformWheel2FiltersView, and PlatformWheel4FiltersView

In these files, search for this text you want to replace.  It'll be inside a TextBlock element.  You can just set this text to an empty string "" if you want, and that will remove it. There are other ways to remove that text, but that is the easiest to describe. Hope that helped.

p.s. To remove the alpha omega logo, you'll actually have to edit the PNG image files in the Panels folder.

Edited by eatkinola
additional info
  • Like 1