LaunchBox Community Forums

MinimalX

eatkinola

1 hour ago, eatkinola said:

@Xer0graV: Thanks for the question.  Are you using the latest version of the theme?  This is what I get when I edit !ACTIVE.xaml to the following:

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="AOMainFontColor" Color="Red" />
<SolidColorBrush x:Key="AOEmphFontColor" Color="Black" />
<SolidColorBrush x:Key="AODecoFontColor" Color="Black" />

58eec61347c26_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.a54def5b46bdfe2673fba17f8f073d8a.jpgYou should be able to easily change the font colors.  The latest version of Minimal-AO is 4.3.  Please ensure you're using the latest version.  You might also want to unpack a fresh install of the theme, but be sure to save any skin files you modified in case you want to restore them.

Thx for the help, I must have some other issue. I unzipped a clean 4.3, then edited the !ACTIVE.xaml in the same manner.

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="AOMainFontColor" Color="Red" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="AOEmphFontColor" Color="Black" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="AODecoFontColor" Color="Black" />

Resulted in:

Untitled.pngI may have to try a clean copy of LB...

Edited by Xer0graV

35 minutes ago, Xer0graV said:

Thx for the help, I must have some other issue.

Appreciate the feedback.  I've also noticed sometimes (when I use BigBox on a different computer also running Windows 7) the font color for Game Details does not change as expected.  It might be a bug in the theme.  I'll see if I can track it down but might not be able to get to it until the weekend.  Would you please do me a favor? -- see if that problem also exists when viewing a filter, e.g., Genres, Developer, etc.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, eatkinola said:

Appreciate the feedback.  I've also noticed sometimes (when I use BigBox on a different computer also running Windows 7) the font color for Game Details does not change as expected.  It might be a bug in the theme.  I'll see if I can track it down but might not be able to get to it until the weekend.  Would you please do me a favor? -- see if that problem also exists when viewing a filter, e.g., Genres, Developer, etc.

So, I can replicate this problem on my secondary computer -- used by my kids to play games.  It runs Windows 7 just like my main computer on which I developed the theme.  On the secondary computer, I did a clean install of LB which prompted me to install .NET Framework 4.6.2 -- after installing this, the problem went away.  This leads me to believe it was either a bug in an older version of LB or that I needed an updated version of .NET.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, Xer0graV said:

I may have to try a clean copy of LB...

Would you consider trying a fresh install of LB, which should also prompt you to install .NET 4.6.2 if not already?  You might want to backup your current version of LB (database, images, etc.) just in case.  Thanks a lot for helping troubleshoot this issue.  Hopefully this gets it resolved for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 8:46 PM, eatkinola said:

So, I can replicate this problem on my secondary computer -- used by my kids to play games.  It runs Windows 7 just like my main computer on which I developed the theme.  On the secondary computer, I did a clean install of LB which prompted me to install .NET Framework 4.6.2 -- after installing this, the problem went away.  This leads me to believe it was either a bug in an older version of LB or that I needed an updated version of .NET.

Would you consider trying a fresh install of LB, which should also prompt you to install .NET 4.6.2 if not already?  You might want to backup your current version of LB (database, images, etc.) just in case.  Thanks a lot for helping troubleshoot this issue.  Hopefully this gets it resolved for you.

I found the solution to my issue by editing the GameDetailsView.xaml file in Minimal AO> Views folder. In both the GAME DETAILS PANEL and GAME NOTES area I edited: Style="{DynamicResource AOTbMainFont}" to read Style="{DynamicResource AOTbMain}".  All colors set in the !ACTIVE.xaml file now apply within the theme. 

Thanks again for the great theme Eatkinola, and keep up the good work.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xer0graV said:

I found the solution to my issue by editing the GameDetailsView.xaml file

Great news, and thanks for sharing your solution!  I'll post a minor bugfix update tomorrow so this doesn't continue to affect others.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • eatkinola changed the title to MinimalX
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, eatkinola said:

Updated MinimalX to v5.2; primarily a bug fix.

Thank you for putting together this great theme! I was just wondering, is there a way to reduce the wait-time for the box image (left side) to appear? I looked in the XAML code but couldn't find any options 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Thank you for putting together this great theme!

You're very welcome! Thanks to @Grila for putting together such a nice theme in the first place.

16 hours ago, bundangdon said:

I was just wondering, is there a way to reduce the wait-time for the box image (left side) to appear? I looked in the XAML code but couldn't find any options

Yes, that'd be in the Styles\AOStyle.xaml file, towards the bottom -- look for a collection of storyboards. I can't recall off the top of my head the particular storyboard name, but it might be LEFT or SIDEBAR/SB ... something like that. It's currently timed to fade in when the top metadata screen overlay fades out, but you can adjust that timing by editing the storyboard(s).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, eatkinola said:

You're very welcome! Thanks to @Grila for putting together such a nice theme in the first place.

Yes, that'd be in the Styles\AOStyle.xaml file, towards the bottom -- look for a collection of storyboards. I can't recall off the top of my head the particular storyboard name, but it might be LEFT or SIDEBAR/SB ... something like that. It's currently timed to fade in when the top metadata screen overlay fades out, but you can adjust that timing by editing the storyboard(s).

Yep, that worked :) Thank you very much!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...