LaunchBox Community Forums

1080p SNES Recorded Hyperspin Game Theme Videos *RELEASED*

Riffman81

Just posting to let those that are interested know that I've decided to record the SNES HyperSpin game themes like @CriticalCid has done with the arcade (Mame) platforms. So far, I've been able to find 156 SNES HyperSpin themes and once those are done, I hope to move on to more consoles and handhelds (not promising anything). I will be posting these on the EmuMovies FTP in my folder. Don't bother looking for any as of right now because they're not there. I will be uploading all at once and will post in this thread upon completion. Did about 20 or so tonight so hopefully it shouldn't take to long. Once complete, you'll find them on the FTP in my folder and maybe @Jason Carr will make them available in LaunchBox as well.

Mega Man X.png

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Nyny77 said:

Super !

Why not collaborate for a Full Set ? And possibly avoid duplicates...And group all

What do you think ?

This is smart as CriticalCid as already stated he planned to do them in '17. Maybe reach out and offer assistance to approach in a systematic way.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, igotdvds said:

This is smart as CriticalCid as already stated he planned to do them in '17. Maybe reach out and offer assistance to approach in a systematic way.

I've talked to @CriticalCid and have been given his full blessing :) This way it frees him up to do other things or work on another set, whatever he wants to do. I plan on doing NES and Genesis as well but for now, I just want to get SNES out of the way and go from there. It's my main focus at the moment.  @Nyny77, I really like the themes you have been doing and think variety is a good thing! Duplicates are fine as they are different and will give people options. I like alternate themes as it gives me a chance to switch things up from time to time. Keep busting those out because you're doing a great job! I'm simply doing the HyperSpin themes that are already made, not creating my own like you have been. But yes, I'd love to work on getting a full set!

Edited by Riffman81
  • Like 3

Awesome!  but a thought maybe all these game themes could get a subsection in the forums with each contributing member having a post?.  Might just be me but it's almost getting overwhelming in a good way how many are putting game themes out.   Just a thought :) @Jason Carr

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 2

Awesome!  but a thought maybe all these game themes could get a subsection in the forums with each contributing member having a post?.  Might just be me but it's almost getting overwhelming in a good way how many are putting game themes out.   Just a thought [emoji4]

Agreed! It would make more sense and allow all of us to keep better track of whose doing what :) might be something we should bring up to @Jason Carr

Almost done with the SNES HyperSpin themes. Should be able to wrap them up tomorrow and hopefully get them on the EmuMovies FTP early next week. Once those are done and out to the masses, I'm going to begin working on the NES themes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Keep up the good work!

However, not sure if this has been discussed but is there any reason why we are using videos rather than animations in XAML?

It will allow far more customization, i.e. users can swap out art or videos as they want.

Edit: I know it's not possible right now, but I think this should be a bigger focus in Ver. 8 (the current beta's). Allow the community to give back and not only for it to be deprecated in two, three, or four version later. All the work users are currently doing won't go to waste but they will then look to replace them AGAIN when better options are available - only to spend more of their time. @Jason Carr

Edited by Kevin_Flynn
  • Like 3

@Kevin_Flynn Video work will not be wasted efforts; videos will continue to work no matter what, and there aren't a whole lot of valid arguments as to why custom rendered animations are significantly better than videos. More custom animations via XAML are planned, but aren't currently a high priority. This day and age it's very quick to render an HD video, and often times it's even faster than rendering custom graphics and animations. So I guess my question for you would be, why would you consider custom animations to be a significantly better option?

Granted, we will be adding support for more XAML-based animations, largely because it's good to provide many different tools for theme creation, but I fail to see how that would ever invalidate video themes.

• Like 1

I think as far as game themes and platform themes are concerned, video format is the way to go for many reasons. To me, it allows more flexibility while creating as we have many different tools we can choose from while putting things together for themes (HyperTheme, PhotoShop, etc). Video format also allows for more content to be universal between front ends and the community in general rather then being program specific. The great thing about HyperSpin allowing us to convert themes to video format is that the entire community can benefit and enjoy those themes, no matter what front end you show allegiance too. Another benefit is having everything contained in one file, rather then zipping up a bunch of assets for various themes, etc. For me, video themes are the way to go! As I said, universal content and being able to share in the community is the main factor for me personally.

SNES themes are all recorded and I'm just doing finishing touches on them now. Should have them on the EmuMovies FTP tomorrow night just in time for Christmas:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update for everyone on the progress of the recorded HyperSpin themes for consoles and handhelds. Originally I had only planned to do the SNES and move on. However, SNES is done, as well as Game Boy Advance, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color (the Game Boy platforms are really lacking in themes. I Was only able to find a few for each). I'm now plowing through the 200+ NES themes (hoping to find more not in the downloads on HS) and then I'll move on to N64 Genesis, etc. I'm thinking my goal is to do all the console and handheld platforms and maybe someone else can jump in and do the PC and other Computer platforms. I've also included a lot of the NES and SNES themes I've made over the years as well, some of which I never posted anywhere like the Mega Man 2 theme shown in the screen shots. Not sure when Circo will get to finalizing these or making them public, but he knows that they are there and more will follow shortly. Thanks to @CriticalCid for his tutorial/notes on setting up HyperSpin for this purpose as I no longer have my old HS setup, so I had to build a setup specifically for this project.

I also would like to point out that I may have 'goofed' on a few of the early SNES videos I recorded prior to talking with Cid and reading his notes. Nothing major but some of the videos may have left over transition effects from HS showing in the video. I went through the set and re-recorded the ones I did early on to remove the unwanted transitions but I can't promise I got them all. If I missed any when these are released I will redo them ASAP. These really do look great in BigBox so thanks to all the theme creators out there who made these and thanks to HyperSpin for sharing and allowing us over here at LB the chance to use these in our setups :)

BigBox 2017-01-04 00-10-26-001.png

BigBox 2017-01-04 00-10-53-840.png

BigBox 2017-01-04 00-11-29-128.png

BigBox 2017-01-04 00-11-54-391.png

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

The SNES themes have officially made their way to the EmuMovies FTP @Jason Carr You can find them in the Video Themes (HD) folder and also a standard set has been made as well in the Video Themes (HQ) folder. I want to point out that Circo accidentally deleted an update folder I had on the FTP with additional video themes so there will be about 30-40 more coming, I just have to upload them for processing. For now though 153 recorded HyperSpin SNES themes await! Enjoy everyone and check back as I plan on adding even more themes in the future! :)  

• Like 3