LaunchBox Community Forums

1080p SNES Recorded Hyperspin Game Theme Videos *RELEASED*

Riffman81

sorry but  do i get these with the Emumovies ftp or with launchbox app ?

Right now, only on the EmuMovies FTP that I'm aware of. Not sure if @Jason Carr plans to implement them in LB downloads or not. I would assume he will with more videos for more platforms on the way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Riffman81 said:

The SNES themes have officially made their way to the EmuMovies FTP @Jason Carr You can find them in the Video Themes (HD) folder and also a standard set has been made as well in the Video Themes (HQ) folder. I want to point out that Circo accidentally deleted an update folder I had on the FTP with additional video themes so there will be about 30-40 more coming, I just have to upload them for processing. For now though 153 recorded HyperSpin SNES themes await! Enjoy everyone and check back as I plan on adding even more themes in the future! :)  

Wooootttt!!!! Thank you @Riffman81. :)

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 4:44 PM, Jason Carr said:

Assuming @circo has made them available for download, they will actually be available automatically in LaunchBox, as an EmuMovies theme video, just like the arcade platform. And I just checked; it does indeed look like they're available! :)

They are but I have a few more to add still, I'm going to be knocking out my to do lists for Rif and Cid tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 4

They are but I have a few more to add still, I'm going to be knocking out my to do lists for Rif and Cid tomorrow hopefully.

NES themes are done as well. I haven't uploaded them to my folder yet though, was trying to give you a little time to catch up with everything. I should have them uploaded this weekend or early next week. N64 and Sega Genesis are on deck now and I should have the Genesis themes done this week as well as there are very few for that platform. N64 may take me a little longer but will be following soon as well as 32X, Sega CD and others. I plan on doing every console and handheld I can find themes for and possibly Windows PC if no one wants to claim it :) Thanks for the update@Circo

• Like 2

Are these all 4x3?

(Edit: stupid ? Maybe as the thread is titled 1080p!) :) 

i may see how they look in Hyperspin. Adjusting the normal themes for android is time consuming and from using bakermans cinematic themes it could be really easy with less issue to get these running on android.

Fingers crossed & thanks Riffman for the hard work

Edited by Thatman84

Well the test worked out fairly well in full screen,

These are def a contender for my Android setup could work better than using Hyperspin themes because of swf issues in Android.

The purists I guess wont like the 4x3 being used as 16x9 unless im still confused, they look good to me.

the game text may look a bit odd for some and I have to forego the box/cart art unless I convert them to being in a large box allowing for that

heres an example

Edited by Thatman84
link change

Well the test worked out fairly well in full screen,

These are def a contender for my Android setup could work better than using Hyperspin themes because of swf issues in Android.

The purists I guess wont like the 4x3 being used as 16x9 unless im still confused, they look good to me.

the game text may look a bit odd for some and I have to forego the box/cart art unless I convert them to being in a large box allowing for that

heres an example

Yes, 4:3 is the correct aspect ratio and that's how I recorded them. 16:9 stretches the image quite a lot but there are those people that don't mind the stretched look. In order for proper 16:9 versions to be made, the themes and all the artwork contained in them would need to be resized and reassembled. Myself and@CriticalCid aren't making any such modifications. We're simply recording them in the original 4:3 ratio in which they were made. If 16:9 versions of these themes were ever to be made in the future, I'd be more then happy to record them.

Thanks for the reply, the couple I tested didn't look to bad stretched but my screen is only 37". Probably looks bad on bigger TV's 

i can probably fit them into a bezel or something easily but I won't get round to that for a long time! 

I doubt they will get the 16x9 conversion there's not much of that happening now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thatman84 said:

Thanks for the reply, the couple I tested didn't look to bad stretched but my screen is only 37". Probably looks bad on bigger TV's 

i can probably fit them into a bezel or something easily but I won't get round to that for a long time! 

I doubt they will get the 16x9 conversion there's not much of that happening now. 

HyperSpin in all honesty is in severe need of an overhaul/update. One of the reasons I switched to LB was the lack of updates and limitations of HS. Not trying to sound harsh here, simply stating the obvious. After converting many of my themes to 16:9, I finally threw in the towel and moved on. If these video themes are working better for you then the traditional HS themes, I say stick with those. I just completed the NES set and those should be coming shortly. I plan on doing all the consoles as I've said before so rest assure that more is on the way :)

• Like 2

Yeah the Hyperspin update thing is well documented! That's not really a concern or turn off for me like so many others here. The lack of communication is frustrating and that's the appeal to LB for me. It's just nice to make use of people's (yours) hard work to benefit other people in the emulation quest.

Everything has its limitations (hell I use Android & Hyperspin so I'm mega limited) and I can work with that. imo I like something to be released as close to finished as possible with bigger gaps in updates. Anything that gives me constant updates just makes me think constant maintenance and fear of things breaking. Probably unfounded it's just the way my brain reacts to updates.

anyway look forward to more videos :) 

• Like 1

Yeah the Hyperspin update thing is well documented! That's not really a concern or turn off for me like so many others here. The lack of communication is frustrating and that's the appeal to LB for me. It's just nice to make use of people's (yours) hard work to benefit other people in the emulation quest.

Everything has its limitations (hell I use Android & Hyperspin so I'm mega limited) and I can work with that. imo I like something to be released as close to finished as possible with bigger gaps in updates. Anything that gives me constant updates just makes me think constant maintenance and fear of things breaking. Probably unfounded it's just the way my brain reacts to updates.

anyway look forward to more videos smile.png 

Yeah, I totally get that! Updating all the time can become frustrating. I felt the same way when using GameEX back in the day, which is a superb FE. It's just every time I updated, I'd go back and find something in my setup to be broken and spend half the night on forums looking for a solution or work around. So I totally get it. Luckily, I haven't had those issues with LB and the update process is nice as it's built in to the software instead of having to update everything manually.

HyperSpin in a way, will always be my first love and I still have a working setup. Although, it's badly outdated and probably in need of a lot of tweaking on my end. In fact, it's so outdated that it doesn't even have RL integrated! Just plan old HS. I've been meaning to update it for a long time but when I think of all the work that would be involved, I get lazy and go mess around with LB :P

But yes, having something that's pretty stable and reliable without updating every day is certainly nice! It means more time playing games and loading new media and less tweaking and figuring out how to get things working again.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! As you know, the wife and I recently had our 5th child and so I've been taking the past month off to spend time with her and the baby while she was on maternity leave. Now that things are starting to get back to normal, I figured I'd stop in and give you all an update and start to resume my current projects. There are TONS more HyperSpin recorded themes on the way, I just simply haven't had the time to get them edited and uploaded for Circo to the EmuMovies FTP. I'm actually in the process of doing that as I type this. NES is the next big pack on deck to be released with Genesis, and N64 to follow. I want to think everyone for their patience and the community for allowing me to step away for a bit and tend to real life. More content is on the way once I get my LB/BB install updated and checkout everything that's been added. I'm really way behind and haven't gone near my setup in over a month :( so I've got a lot of catching up to do!

• Like 10

• Riffman81 changed the title to 1080p SNES Recorded Hyperspin Game Theme Videos *RELEASED*
  • 6 months later...

This set has been updated guys. 30+ new and alternate themes and they're all available in my folder on the EmuMovies FTP. I'll also be posting some new Sega Genesis themes in the next few days (as that set is lacking) and finishing up N64 with over 110 themes. Below is what's been added:

3 Ninjas Kick Back (USA)
Adventures of Yogi Bear (USA)
Air Cavalry (USA)
Aladdin (USA)
Archer Maclean's Super Dropzone (Europe)
Beauty and the Beast (USA)
Bebe's Kids (USA)
Best of the Best - Championship Karate (USA)
Big Sky Trooper (USA)
Biker Mice from Mars (USA)
BioMetal (USA)
Bobby's World (USA) (Proto)
Bubsy II (USA)
Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind (USA)
Cannon Fodder (Europe)
Cybernator (USA)
Dungeon Master (USA)
Final Fantasy II (USA) (Rev 1)
Firemen, The (Europe)
Ignition Factor, The (USA)
Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA)
Lion King, The (USA)
Lost Vikings, The (USA)
Out of This World (USA)
Pocky & Rocky (USA)
Pocky & Rocky 2 (USA)
Populous II - Trials of the Olympian Gods (Europe)
Putty Squad (Europe)
Rocko's Modern Life - Spunky's Dangerous Day (USA)
Super Metroid (Japan, USA)
Super Turrican (USA)
Super Turrican 2 (USA)
Super Widget (USA)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters (USA)
Tintin - Prisoners of the Sun (Europe)
Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel (USA)

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-30-21-988.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-30-29-359.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-30-52-610.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-31-27-095.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-31-47-673.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-32-35-531.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-32-51-433.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-33-07-317.png

BigBox 2017-11-14 18-33-28-767.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 12/23/2016 at 12:50 AM, Jason Carr said:

This day and age it's very quick to render an HD video, and often times it's even faster than rendering custom graphics and animations. 

Granted, we will be adding support for more XAML-based animations, largely because it's good to provide many different tools for theme creation, but I fail to see how that would ever invalidate video themes.

I think the ease of creation is what a nice little themeing program could bring. I know I really enjoyed being able to spend like 15 quick minutes to make a simple theme in hypertheme for a hack or dos game nobody had done yet. Or for platform themes nobody made, or I didn't like their version.  Drag n drop, nice little effects, I think it's the one and only thing I miss from back then.  As far as videos being better for ease of use, definitely.  This is why themebox should have the export option so you can choose which video format you want to render in.  Having these vids are cool! But you still have to rely on another fe's theme program to even have the ability to capture them. LB just needs its own now.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, GiantDuck said:

Is this only available through an EMUMovies subscription, or is there a place to obtain these without one? I don't see any way to download more than a few videos in Launchbox today for SNES.

Yes, these are available with EmuMovies subscription only. They own the content. :)

• The Cake is a Lie 1