LaunchBox Community Forums

Nesica xLive Theme

Evilmaster

Hi,

I've came across this  Nesica xLive  theme by taito and it really look awesome. I was wondering if anybody share my thoughts can would possibly create this for Big Box? There is a review by simply austin here,  and there is another fan made  link here where all the files have been create for Attract Mode and Rocket Launcher. I've only used Launch Box till now thus I'm not sure how to operate others, and I thought to continue using Big Box in the future too. Not sure if the artwork and borders can be supported using any previous themes created in the forum here to enable the possibility faster? Really hope someone can create this for BIg Box, any takers? 9_9

Oh, this is the fan channel link, not sure if it helps?

Saw someone did it in Hyperspin, was wondering if it can be also be done for the BigBox?

Edited by Evilmaster
  • Like 1

The theme is coming along quite well, with one games view and one platform view pretty much created.

I have a bit more work to do before they are ready but also have some questions which hopefully @Jason Carr or one of the forum members with more theme knowledge than me can help with. 

The two pieces I need help with are:

1. Does launchbox hold the total number of games for a given platform somewhere in the Db and also is it possible to reference the index number of the currently highlighted game? How could this be pulled through into a textblock/binding to display "game 1/300" as an example?

2. I have watched and gone through all of the tutorials and the PDF documentation but am at a loss as to how the game details view can be amended. I have found the view for the game details but this contains only the column for the text not the full layout with the menu bar on the left or layout of the images and video. Which file needs to be amended for this area please?

Edited by shro2016

Hi @shro2016, that theme does indeed look awesome! You've certainly got me excited. Per #1, the game totals and index are unfortunately not available from the game views, though the platform views do display the total number of games for that platform. I've added it to my list but unfortunately it may be a bit before I can get to it.

Per #2, I assume you mean the single game page where you select all the items on a single game. That actually uses the TextGamesView as the root view. :)

Thanks for coming back to me on this one @Jason Carr. I suspected the game count/index may not be exposed to that view as I had not seen any other themes make use of it. It's not a problem though as it doesn't detract from the theme not having it it is more a nice to have for completeness.

With regards the second point yes I think this is the view I mean. It's the one that's displayed on selecting a game that has options for play game, add to favorites etc.  I will try amending the text view theme and let you know how I get on.

I should be able to get some pics and maybe a video up of the theme so far tomorrow. Thanks again for your help and support. 

As promised here are some screenshots I have taken of the theme and the views created so far. Many are not fully finished yet but hopefully this gives an idea of where progress is currently at on this.

As always feedback is welcome and any suggestions for improvement please let me know

Platform view

Platform Wheel 1.pngGame View - Banners

(Only really works with Steam games and needs box to be set to Steam banner images in Launchbox)

Game View 1 - Horizontal.pngGame View - Boxes

Game View 1 - Vertical.pngCoverflow View

Coverflow View.pngGame Text View

Game View Text.pngGame Details View (Single Game View)

Game Details.pngOptions Screen

OptionsMenu.png

Edited by shro2016
  • Like 3

@shro2016 this looks incredible, I really like that button layout section, but it will require different layouts for other systems, do you plan to implement that? Great work, can't wait to try this out.

18 hours ago, shro2016 said:

As promised here are some screenshots I have taken of the theme and the views created so far. Many are not fully finished yet but hopefully this gives an idea of where progress is currently at on this.

As always feedback is welcome and any suggestions for improvement please let me know

Love the idea of having possible control schemes indicated per system. It got me thinking that, as a long-term goal for BigBox, my dream would be able to sort games by genre with each game displaying how it would control. I.e. windows would should a keyboard, ps2 would show its controller if that's what's used, etc. 

One can dream. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 1:00 AM, shro2016 said:

Platform view

Platform Wheel 1.pngGame View - Banners

(Only really works with Steam games and needs box to be set to Steam banner images in Launchbox)

Game View 1 - Horizontal.pngGame View - Boxes

Game View 1 - Vertical.pngCoverflow View

Coverflow View.pngGame Text View

Game View Text.pngGame Details View (Single Game View)

Game Details.pngOptions Screen

OptionsMenu.png

Hi Shro,

Nice work you have there! Wondering if you have any progress of late?

I notice that the Nesica have 2 rows of game art at the bottom and it looks like the steam library view in the attached image. This place can let you download any steam game banner/grid http://www.steamgriddb.com/

Then the above is just a video of the game preview. If this 2 things is set, then its almost done up is it? 

Regards,

Evilmaster

tas.png

Hi @Evilmaster, thanks for the like. The theme is progressing well and I have most views built. Animated gif code was broken in 7.4 but hoping this has been fixed in 7.5 so I can get that element added. Currently working on the steam banners for systems so thanks for the link as that is not one I was aware of.

As you say the original theme that this is based on has two rows of banners. At present this is not something launchbox is capable of in its theme so trying workarounds for the minute to get the layout right until they add in a grid style wheel to launchbox which is what this really needs.

I am currently adding dynamic control layouts to the side bars which can be changed by replacing the image files by the user. Hopefully won't be too much longer before I have a finished version to upload with video. 

Edited by shro2016
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shro2016 said:

Really what is needed is for the wheel to have an option for using steam banners as well as boxes and carts. I have found a workaround which I will be giving instructions when the theme is ready unless this feature is added first 

Also, a grid type view for the banners would be awesome too.

17 hours ago, Thanos Reigns said:

This looks great...I watched the @SIMPLY AUSTIN video..but he oddly didn't really go in depth on how to get the games running like he usually does. 

Yeah sorry about that mate.   I do plan on making a part 2.... however TAITO are going mental with takedowns, DMCA, court orders etc etc with anyone even uploading the gameplay.  Even mine got contested with that video.  So until the dust settles, I aint touching it :(

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SIMPLY AUSTIN said:

Yeah sorry about that mate.   I do plan on making a part 2.... however TAITO are going mental with takedowns, DMCA, court orders etc etc with anyone even uploading the gameplay.  Even mine got contested with that video.  So until the dust settles, I aint touching it :(

Hey! Nice to see you here~ A simple question regarding this is then why is the website arcardep**** alright with all those downloads?

Regards,

Evilmaster

• Haha 1