LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

I'll check it out; there is always a tool you never heard of that is awesome, lol...

Chris's proposed tool already saved me 35GB in my video folders (not LaunchBox stuff, just general media stuff), so this sort of stuff is valuable to know...ultimately for those running it on drives with their LaunchBox data, it may lead to larger collections (as per the theme of the thread)  🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

At the moment, I have 65,040 and that's because I'm facing a challenge with one of my external drives, which has become corrupted and Unfortunately, this has resulted in the loss of all my PC games stored on that drive I'm currently working on recovering the data, but the chances of success seem slim. I have 2x20TB Exos drive and 1x20TB Iron wolf

Screenshot 2024-08-23 101321.png

• Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

On 6/20/2024 at 7:11 PM, cleverest said:

I wish there was a way to know how many TB a 1G1R set would be for all playable systems/roms, with no hacks, betas, alt dumps, etc....I'm at just under 16TB currently with my own with over 59k gaming title and I feel like I can't add much more except later systems that require much more disk space (and way more PS3 titles). I can't imagine it's much larger than this....

Well, I have 1g1r sets for most systems that are a part of either no intro or redump. For Computer Systems I use TOSEC, which adds some duplicates however. On systems that have an eshop and virtual console games, I usually add these games under a separate platform, such as Wii (digital) or 3DS (digital), which also adds a couple of duplicates. I don't feel like manually comparing digital and physical releases, so I just keep the duplicates. I have also the whole Flashpoint Ultimate collection imported into Launchbox, which adds over 200.000 entries.

All in all that gives me a total of 34.288 games for consoles, 17.226 for handhelds, and 3.533 games for arcade.

I need to overhaul many of my computer systems, because more often than I'd like, games will just not launch. It's a real pain setting everything up. But currently I have 269.089 entries here (200.333 is just Flashpoint Ultimate).

Edited by SiriusVI
  • Game On 2

11 hours ago, cleverest said:

Not 1G1R, right?

Does this count Includes beta, demos or all language versions of a game possible?

For 1g1r sets, it doesn't get larger than around 52.000-55.000 games, depending on how many systems you add (consoles + handhelds + arcade). I'm at around 52.000. That includes everything up to the PS3 in consoles (excluding Xbox 360) and PS Vita in handhelds.

The only way to get beyond this number is with computer systems, but if they are not curated by no intro or redump, it's very time consuming / near impossible to make a clean 1g1r set.

11 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

For 1g1r sets, it doesn't get larger than around 52.000-55.000 games, depending on how many systems you add (consoles + handhelds + arcade). I'm at around 52.000. That includes everything up to the PS3 in consoles (excluding Xbox 360) and PS Vita in handhelds.

The only way to get beyond this number is with computer systems, but if they are not curated by no intro or redump, it's very time consuming / near impossible to make a clean 1g1r set.

Agreed, very time consuming and near impossible. I don't make 1g1r sets.

On 8/30/2024 at 7:12 PM, -McFly- said:

Agreed, very time consuming and near impossible. I don't make 1g1r sets.

If you know how, 1g1r sets can be created fairly quickly, but only if you have good dats from no intro and redeump. It's not possible with TOSEC unfortunately.

• Like 1