LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

29 minutes ago, Storm8873 said:

I have been working hard on my Launchbox Collection.  So far I'm at 41320 and it still fits on a 8TB hard drive.

Collection.png

Yours is probably the closest collection to my own collection from what I see in this thread.  I'm at 44,857, but that includes 2,344 vide game related magazines/comics.

2 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Yours is probably the closest collection to my own collection from what I see in this thread.  I'm at 44,857, but that includes 2,344 vide game related magazines/comics.

Nice! I still have a few platforms that run as stand alone until I can figure out how to make them Launchbox friendly, eg. Fujitsu FM Towns, Dragon 32, BBC Micro and Acorn Archimedes.

1 hour ago, Storm8873 said:

Nice! I still have a few platforms that run as stand alone until I can figure out how to make them Launchbox friendly, eg. Fujitsu FM Towns, Dragon 32, BBC Micro and Acorn Archimedes.

Of those 4, I only have Fujitsu FM Towns running okay. If you need settings, let me know. (msg me)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mikee580 said:

269 wheels

734 playlists

302 playlists yet to be created

You should make a huge video of your LB...would help others like me know what direction to aim for...

I have 30 PS3 in my 8TB...games are too big, lol...

What is PS3 Arcade?

I think I got 23,000 games. I got main consoles like atari, sega, playstation +2, wii , wii u, 3ds , nintendo, and a few pc games, I'm adding 100 ps3 games, and xbox games. I got 17tb worth of games on 2tb OS and 2 8tb drives. I need a better pc to emulate ps3 but ehhhhh. I got a i5 and its no good for ps3.

• 2 weeks later...

My Launchbox setup is heavily curated and currently at 17.000 games but it's 100% complete asset wise. I have complete collections for most cart based consoles but everything optical disc based or home computer is handpicked.

My question is... How do you end up with 60.000+ games? Do you also count every MAME clone, home computer software/shovelware, different regions, etc?

Edited by Imgema

20 hours ago, Imgema said:

My Launchbox setup is heavily curated and currently at 17.000 games but it's 100% complete asset wise. I have complete collections for most cart based consoles but everything optical disc based or home computer is handpicked.

My question is... How do you end up with 60.000+ games? Do you also count every MAME clone, home computer software/shovelware, different regions, etc?

Different reasons for different people I suppose, but there's some platforms, mostly old computers that come with ridiculous numbers; My top3 platforms are C64 (16586), ZX Spectrum (7448), MS-DOS (7016). Games are grouped ie no duplicates. 

• 3 weeks later...

So now I almost wish I hadn't read this topic, I'm feeling wholly inadequate!!!  I grabbed LaunchBox really just as a nice front end for MAME. only really now started to add other games.  Currently standing at 1005 games!  Thanks for some of the inspiration to grow ......

28 minutes ago, bbk70 said:

So now I almost wish I hadn't read this topic, I'm feeling wholly inadequate!!!  I grabbed LaunchBox really just as a nice front end for MAME. only really now started to add other games.  Currently standing at 1005 games!  Thanks for some of the inspiration to grow ......

MAME itself has way more than 1005 games, so you don't even have a lot of games for that platform. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

MAME itself has way more than 1005 games, so you don't even have a lot of games for that platform. :) 

Shhhh I know :D!  I started with the games I loved, moved onto the ones I quite liked, then looked at the ones that supported high scores (because I'm like that, it's sad I know!).  I'm going to get a complete set one of these days, but the MAME high score thing has brought the worst out in me, harking back to the days of whoring Xbox Achievements (yes, including Avatar, 1000g in 6 minutes, to my shame) just to be top of my friends list.  I think I've just about got it out of my system over the past month ......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I made a huge update in my collection and i'm now sitting at 21.000+ roms/games across 70 systems.

This collection, however, is heavily curated and mostly clean. I spent days for each system, especially for home computers that are the hardest systems to curate. So, there are no duplicates, no crappy demos and no public domain shovelware. My OCD dictates that the whole setup must be consistent and as clean as possible with name corrections and replacing wrong boxes, and other media as well. Multy-disk/CD games are either merged or i just add the first disk in the list (i don't need to change disks through the Launcbox UI anyway).

The consoles are mostly complete libraries except a few CD/DVD based systems (due to limited space, i only have 4TB to play with). Home computers with large libraries such as C64, Atari ST, Amstrad and Amiga are not complete of course since they got curated, but they still have a bit less than 2.000 games each with all the boxes, videos and snapshots complete. I also curate MAME/Arcade roms to remove multiple clones (unless there are big differences between them), gambling machines, non-working games, etc.

I scrap my collections with Emumovies sync, Screen Scraper and Launchbox. With all these databases combined i end up with very few missing media and i also try to fill the gaps using google if i can. Most of the missing stuff are usually garbage, fan made stuff, different region versions, demos, etc anyway.

A few rules i follow are that the setup only has consoles/handhelds and home computers that can be emulated. My newest systems are the Wii/PSP/DS/PS2, etc. I'm not going as far as WiiU or PS3/360. I also don't add my Steam library in there. I don't have "collections" or "classics" or "best of" such as Taito, Konami, Sega, etc, only Systems. Having separate collection entries means you duplicate your games. Pinball stuff, Pop-Cap, OpenBor, Flash Games, Magazines, Movies, and all kinds of random stuff i see in many large collections are also out. The only entry i have that counts as duplicate is the Neo-Geo (MVS as a console and AES in arcades). I also keep stuff like Model 2, 3, Naomi, etc in their own sections since they don't work in MAME.

So what's left to do?

I still haven't completed the Arcade, Atari-8bit and Sinclair Spectrum sections. I'm adding roms alphabetically, for instance, every rom that starts with A, then B, etc. This way i only have to work with a sensible amount of roms each time and when i finish a letter then i go the the next one. When these systems are complete, i should have at least 24.000 roms in Launchbox. Not bad for an OCD driven, heavily curated collection.

Oh and one more thing. I haven't touched DOS yet... Now that will be a challenge. I'm waiting for DOSBOX pure to be released that supports archieves and maybe i can use the Exodos pack with it...

Edited by Imgema