LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

it doesn't bug you that you haven't tested them all to see if they work? and it seems silly to take time getting something to work you will never want to play just so you can look at the box art in a menu.

To each their own. We probably agree that there's value in not losing our history and there's no library system for games. Archive.org maybe, but I wouldn't trust that to stay forever either. Talking about archive.org, they host TOSEC collections which include bad dumps. While I never understood why people want copies of those, I on the other hand have roms for systems that no emulators exist ie I'm betting on someone way smarter than me creating one in the future. And then there's people who collect things just to collect things. Nothing wrong with hobbies; pointless activities are not pointless if they make you happy or at least less sad :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i'm sure i have the smallest. 110 gb. but my ssd is only 256 anyway. i will play newer games like Game Cube with my regular pc and a logitech controller but will use launchbox since a copy is there. if i could find more teknoparrot games with out trojans i'd add a few more that can play with snes controllers. or are the trojans not real?? i don't know.

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

i'm sure i have the smallest. 110 gb. but my ssd is only 256 anyway. i will play newer games like Game Cube with my regular pc and a logitech controller but will use launchbox since a copy is there. if i could find more teknoparrot games with out trojans i'd add a few more that can play with snes controllers. or are the trojans not real?? i don't know.

The trojans are false positives... it has to do with how the crack works; modifies stuff in real-time.

This is a known issue with the emulator, so you just have to adjust your anti virus exclusions... this is well known... check Google.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:46 PM, PaulC said:

it doesn't bug you that you haven't tested them all to see if they work? and it seems silly to take time getting something to work you will never want to play just so you can look at the box art in a menu.

For me, it's not about what I will play, it's what my guests may want to play. To have a friend say, "Oh man, do you have game X?", and I can say yes is an awesome feeling.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In my case for the disc systems i,I just add boxart images as roms, just for dicover new games, and if i like one i download the iso, I have the full sets just for have the complete library, and i download the disc games per demand. actually I have  66k games in the library, using this method

Edited by Drodrick

11 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

In my case for the disc systems i,I just add boxart images as roms, just for dicover new games, and if i like one i download the iso, I have the full sets just for have the complete library, and i download the disc games per demand. actually I have  66k games in the library, using this method

sounds interesting of the way how you proceed on this with images / Pictures.

2 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

sounds interesting of the way how you proceed on this with images / Pictures.

yes is a very good way for discover new titles without spent your disk size, I put as favorites the best games in every system and i download just that, other games are marked as uninstalled

44 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

yes is a very good way for discover new titles without spent your disk size, I put as favorites the best games in every system and i download just that, other games are marked as uninstalled

How large the drive you have all this one?

do you have non-english games, betas, version A, B, etc...like, is it fairly messy?

16 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

i am still on around 30 to 40K games but the speed is already annoying on my side. even if Launchbox is on a NVME SSD and the artworks and videos are on another SSD. so it will not grow in the near future.

Speed is the biggest flaw Launchbox has.

Example is Hyperspin where I have over 100,000 games and still the setup loads instantly.

Obviously it must be due to Launchbox trying to load everything at once on startup.

Maybe look at just loading the interface only on startup, then individual systems once they are selected?

16 hours ago, cleverest said:

How large the drive you have all this one?

do you have non-english games, betas, version A, B, etc...like, is it fairly messy?

you just need a hard drive for the media images and videos, due that I have all the games in my collection but i just download The games i want to play, i just use no intro and tosec packs for roms based systems, and for the disc system i just add a boximages pack as roms, and marked them as unistalled, later i download the iso games i want to play and chage the asociated boxart.png that figures as rom with the iso dowload, with 1 or 2tb for use this method is ok

Edited by Drodrick

^ Tosec packs are very complete but have a lot of versions, dupes and software junk. I prefer my set because it want it immediately useable.. my collection is about 41k games, but  containing no dupes or beta/dupe version games...which means only one version of each game per platform, only English roms and translated to English roms, (unless a system is ONLY in Japanese, sharp X68000 of NEC PC-FX for example)...all this just fits snuggly on an 8TB hard drive, ready to play.

Edited by cleverest

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2018 at 9:53 AM, Retrofrogg said:

It would be pretty handy for there to be a feature in LB which lists ALL of the possible systems and perhaps the number of available games for those systems. I don't think that the LB Games Database does this?

Hi - im new to the launch box scene - was this a feature that ever came to fruition?

13 hours ago, vzc said:

Hi - im new to the launch box scene - was this a feature that ever came to fruition?

What you can do is to use the feature to build a fake rom list of the Community theme creator. This will create folders for every known platform in the LB database and txt files within for every rom of those platforms.

imagen.thumb.png.a71476c0a22afb4b9c4f1c94f6e6d49d.png