LaunchBox Community Forums

Audit feature

InfinityFox

Currently it's based on the No-Intro set of names, and will get expanded in the future. It is primarily there to check your library of games and tell you what you're missing. Once it's done scanning it pops up with a window telling you what you have or what's missing. It's very much in a Beta state currently though.

11 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Currently it's based on the No-Intro set of names, and will get expanded in the future. It is primarily there to check your library of games and tell you what you're missing. Once it's done scanning it pops up with a window telling you what you have or what's missing. It's very much in a Beta state currently though.

I scan and I dont get any information other than the list of games that I have. I tested on all my collection too. If I can get it to tell me what I am missing this will be the best feature ever! Currently its just amazing :P

I needed this feature after looking at the state of my GBA romset...

I just saw Jason's video detailing the various functions of the audit system and I'm so impressed. I think LB just keeps on getting better and better :)

There are a couple of things I wanted to ask Brad or Jason....

In the above mentioned video you talk about duplicate artwork and being able to delete artwork. I'm not sure I've edited a game and right clicked an image for deletion before, but I have deleted a game from the LB list and it seems that the artwork remains. Is being in the standard game menu and deleting a game act differently from the audit window with regards to what happens when you delete content?

I also wanted to ask about naming of images... I see the default naming convention for downloaded images seems to be game name-01.jpg. When filling in some gaps in some cases the artwork I've added wouldn't display using this naming convention and I've had to name the image in the same way as imported rom file. I wondered if this will confuse the audit process?

Anyway, lovely feature, excellent work

As far as I know, the Audit tool doesn't delete the media either. I know Jason wants to wrap up media cleaning when deleting games and / or make it a lot better, but you still currently need to use the Image Clean Up Tool. As for the images, I don't know if that would confused users. I have been telling people about dropping in their own artwork, as long as it's named after the game or rime file you're good. The reason it adds the number is because of multiple images per category, but I do see how it is confusing... I wonder what else could be added in that regard?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

As far as I know, the Audit tool doesn't delete the media either. I know Jason wants to wrap up media cleaning when deleting games and / or make it a lot better, but you still currently need to use the Image Clean Up Tool. As for the images, I don't know if that would confused users. I have been telling people about dropping in their own artwork, as long as it's named after the game or rime file you're good. The reason it adds the number is because of multiple images per category, but I do see how it is confusing... I wonder what else could be added in that regard?

Thank you Brad!

I'm very happy with this feature, it beats making huge lists of what I have missing :)

2 hours ago, cura said:

Just checked out the video, this looks amazing!!

One column I didn't see in the video was 'broken'. It would be great to be able to filter for all the games you've marked as broken and delete them in one go.

Ditto

On 2017-01-15 at 2:47 AM, ckp said:

So I was excited to remove my duplicate clear logos that i have for many games.  The audit shows me which ones have more than 1 clear logo, but how can you easily remove all the duplicates clear logos?

I have a workaround for deleting duplicate images.

I've found a program called CloneSpy. A powerful program with a lot of options to find and delete duplicate files (which also means you need to try it out for a while to understand what it does).

I do this in CloneSpy:

1. I select a subfolder in the LB Images folder and click "Add all sibling folders" (Pool 1). I then exclude the Cache folder.

2. I click "Make CSC". This creates checksums for all images. This takes a while depending on disk speed (only 70 seconds on my SSD).

3. For the scan I use these settings (also check the Deletion settings in File->Options): "Mode = Compare files within Pool 1", "Search for = Duplicates", "Action = Automatically delete, newer files"

4. Click "Start scanning". This deletes all duplicate images (when comparing checksums). I got rid of about 5000 duplicate images (over 3 GB).

• Like 2

Yeah this program is great. I'm learning that the DB at least for NES has a lot of the same fanart for the different games. Mostly series games or games with other forms of media as well as some sports games with generic pictures. As an example things like Turtles Simpsons Chip n Dale SMB all use the same image across multiple games

Yes

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Yeah this program is great. I'm learning that the DB at least for NES has a lot of the same fanart for the different games. Mostly series games or games with other forms of media as well as some sports games with generic pictures. As an example things like Turtles Simpsons Chip n Dale SMB all use the same image across multiple games

Yes, that is a problem. When the same image i used for multiple games. 

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the CloneSpy recommendation.  Note that this also deletes duplicate clear logo images for different platforms.  I executed the delete anyway for simplicity's sake, then re-downloaded the clear logo images for the different platforms that went missing after the first operation, so that I still had nice clear logos for games available on multiple platforms.