LaunchBox Community Forums

Fundamental Theme

Grila

12 minutes ago, ALIE said:

One more thing not sure if its a bug or by design. But when I'm viewing platforms and switches view it jumps back to platform categories and switched both. 

Sounds like a bug to me, a theme has no control over switching views.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Maybe Jason could implement your magical fixes to the next update so there is no issue for all themes?

@Maddoc1007 gets all the credit for figuring out the fix :) It's not something that can be added by default to custom themes though because it's very situation specific with the sizing of certain elements.

On 8/2/2017 at 8:42 AM, neil9000 said:

On a side note, i set up Retropie x86 on my Intel NUC yesterday and instantly switched to your Fundamental theme on that also, so thanks for that version of the theme as well. :) 

I'm in the process of updating the theme to include the new features that have been rolled out recently thanks to jrassa's work. I'll let you know when the changes are pushed to GitHub (so you can just update your theme from the RetroPie Setup utility).

1 minute ago, Grila said:

I'm in the process of updating the theme to include the new features that have been rolled out recently thanks to jrassa's work. I'll let you know when the changes are pushed to GitHub (so you can just update your theme from the RetroPie Setup utility).

OOhh cool, what new features have been added then?

7 minutes ago, Grila said:

Vertical (themeable) system carousel, video snaps, z-index for theme elements, theme variables, etc.

Video snaps actually already work with your theme, the pic below is actually a video snap, vertical platform wheel is a great add though. :) 

IMAG0030.jpg

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Video snaps actually already work with your theme, the pic below is actually a video snap, vertical platform wheel is a great add though. :) 

IMAG0030.jpg

Correct, I added the video snaps when it first became available. I only mentioned it in the list because I wasn't sure what version you were running :)

7 minutes ago, Grila said:

Correct, I added the video snaps when it first became available. I only mentioned it in the list because I wasn't sure what version you were running :)

Ah OK, thought i might of saved you some coding there as it already worked. :) lol. Cool ill look forward to the update then. :) 

Edit: oh one quick question will this new vertical platform menu be able to support clear logos?

On 8/3/2017 at 5:17 PM, neil9000 said:

Ah OK, thought i might of saved you some coding there as it already worked. :) lol. Cool ill look forward to the update then. :) 

Edit: oh one quick question will this new vertical platform menu be able to support clear logos?

Yeah, here's a screen grab of the new system menu...

5986067dcac97_EmulationStation8_5_20171_53_50PM.thumb.png.afe216b47c83f1ba1dd8d2fec59d890f.png

• Like 3