LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox

This addon has been working flawlessly for me for over a year, but when I tried to launch it a few days ago, I got... nothing. No crashes or errors from Kodi, just no response. I checked and saw I had version 1.5.3 installed so I manually updated it to 1.5.6, but still no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no joy. Any ideas? For the record, script writing is not my forte...

1 hour ago, snarfo67 said:

This addon has been working flawlessly for me for over a year, but when I tried to launch it a few days ago, I got... nothing. No crashes or errors from Kodi, just no response. I checked and saw I had version 1.5.3 installed so I manually updated it to 1.5.6, but still no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no joy. Any ideas? For the record, script writing is not my forte...

Ok, lets start with the basics, what version of Kodi are you using or is the windows store version? Can you try enabling the "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" option in Setting under Advance, then relaunch. If it is windows store version make sure the "UWA Fix: Change ahk script location" is enabled and valid save directory is selected.

If that still fails, I need you check userdata directory (or selected save location for the UWA option) for the scripts run log. For windows 10 (non-UWA Kodi) %AppData%/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.launchbox.launcher/scripts/ will get the folder containing the log.

Hello CoinTos ! Happy user of your addon for a year I'm in the same situation as snarfo67. I updated Kodi (18.6) and your addon (1.5.6) and it stopped working. I'm on the non windows store version of Kodi.

I checked the userdata but dont know what to search for ;)

Thanks in advance !

9 hours ago, Narecker said:

Hello CoinTos ! Happy user of your addon for a year I'm in the same situation as snarfo67. I updated Kodi (18.6) and your addon (1.5.6) and it stopped working. I'm on the non windows store version of Kodi.

I checked the userdata but dont know what to search for ;)

Thanks in advance !

Ok, in the %AppData%/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.launchbox.launcher/scripts/ there should be up to 2 logs LaunchBoxLauncher.log and LaunchBoxLauncher.old.log those should tell me what the ahk script is doing. If they are too old (aka you tried to run but the modified date is not the same date) or missing than the script didn't even make it launching the ahk script. I will then need a sanitized (usernames and passwords that other plugins may show during debug removed) debug log and pastebin link them so I can look at them. Currently, I am running Kodi 18.6 with addon version 1.5.6 and latest launchbox with no issues so I cannot currently recreate it.

On 3/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, CoinTos said:

Ok, lets start with the basics, what version of Kodi are you using or is the windows store version? Can you try enabling the "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" option in Setting under Advance, then relaunch. If it is windows store version make sure the "UWA Fix: Change ahk script location" is enabled and valid save directory is selected.

If that still fails, I need you check userdata directory (or selected save location for the UWA option) for the scripts run log. For windows 10 (non-UWA Kodi) %AppData%/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.launchbox.launcher/scripts/ will get the folder containing the log.

Thanks for the quick reply! I gotta say for the record this addon is really terrific--- it's the only way the more tech-handicapped in the household can get to the emulators.

I'm using Kodi 18.6 x64, non-Windows store version. I did the 'delete and update userdata scripts on next run', but no difference. The timestamp on the logfiles is dated March 11th so that's not going to help much. I deleted both and re-ran the addon but as expected it didn't create a new logfile nor did it turn up in a complete search of my drive (in case it got flung somewhere else somehow).

Aaaaaand as I type this I see replies so I'll check them out ?

12 minutes ago, Narecker said:

Ok ! I checked the path you gave me and didn't found any log in it. Sorry I am quiet a newbie regarding this but I dont know where I can find the debug log you need :s

My bad, in my previous post I did linked the Kodi Log File/Easy instructions on the words "debug log", I will need you to provide a pastebin link in your reply so I can view your posted debug log.

Please follow the instructions here: Kodi Log File/Easy 

47 minutes ago, Narecker said:

Its on me ! I had to check your post ! I'll do it now :D

Here it is  https://pastebin.com/hFiEb32n

Ok, can get you to update to the latest version, according to the log you are running 1.5.5 and the latest is 1.5.6 which introduced smb support and some code fixes. Probably won't change the issue but it will provide me with a debug log on my current code base and may produce a different result I can chase. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

Ok, can get you to update to the latest version, according to the log you are running 1.5.5 and the latest is 1.5.6 which introduced smb support and some code fixes. Probably won't change the issue but it will provide me with a debug log on my current code base and may produce a different result I can chase. Thanks.

Indeed my bad I tried yesterday with the 1.5.5 version !

Here it is : https://pastebin.com/uQrmEuJU

Again many thanks for your help :)

12 minutes ago, Narecker said:

Indeed my bad I tried yesterday with the 1.5.5 version !

Here it is : https://pastebin.com/uQrmEuJU

Again many thanks for your help :)

2020-03-25 01:59:10.328 T:1728   DEBUG: script.launchbox.launcher: attempting to launch: "C:\Users\<user>\LaunchBox\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.ahk" "C:\Users\<user>\LaunchBox\BigBox.exe" "0" "false" "false" "false" "false" "false" "0"
2020-03-25 01:59:10.330 T:1728    INFO: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.launchbox.launcher\default.py): script successfully run

So it tries to launch the ahk script with the setting parameters and does not catch an error which suggest it does find the AutoHotkey.exe. Can you confirm AutoHotkey.exe does exist in your Launchbox\AutoHotkey\ folder and you don't have any log files in your C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\ folder, correct?

Well it seems that you found the problem... no AHK folder in my launchbox directory !

I'll do a clean reinstall and keep you up to date !

Edit : And..... it works ! I don't know why but the AHK folder disappeared !! Many many thanks it was driving me nuts ah ah  :D You're awesome !

Maybe Snarfo67 has the same issue as me !

Edited by Narecker

6 minutes ago, Narecker said:

Well it seems that you found the problem... no AHK folder in my launchbox directory !

I'll do a clean reinstall and keep you up to date !

It's under Launchbox\ThirdParty\AutoHotKey, it appears the latest (at least latest Beta for sure, on my test machine) Launchbox redid directory structure.... well, that sucks, gonna have to release a fix for that. Sounds like a 'this coming weekend' project for a proper fix but till then you can manually edit the main.py line 346 to:

autohotkeyExe = os.path.join(launchbox, 'ThirdParty\AutoHotkey', 'AutoHotkey.exe')

That should fix it.

JUst want to mention. As of the latest launcbox update 10.12. the plugin no longer works.  thank you

EDIT: I scrolled up in this thread and edited the "main.py" file as mentioned earlier. the plugin works fine now. thanks

Edited by meshflesh

52 minutes ago, meshflesh said:

JUst want to mention. As of the latest launcbox update 10.12. the plugin no longer works.  thank you

Yep, it was noted yesterday, LaunchBox changed the directory structure and nested the AutoHotkey directory in ThirdParty. It will be properly fixed this weekend as I am still out in the field working and can't schedule time for it till my days off. A manual edit is noted 3 post before this, if you want to quick fix it yourself.

Edit: Looks like you edited while I was replying, glad it is working again. Stay tuned for a proper fix.

Edited by CoinTos

Well, due to self isolation starting this morning, I have a beta fix for those that need it. Apparently, some changes were made in Kodi 19 so I will have to start working on 2 separate releases for python 2 and 3. So for right, I am releasing a 'beta' for Kodi 16, 17, 18, Store here and will work on getting a proper release out in the day or so.

Changes:

- the script will now search the LaunchBox directory for the AutoHotKey.exe and error out if not found.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file as final is released

I'm having a minor issue with 1.5.6 when I exit games that use mednafen emulator, I have a blank screen that I have to manually alt-tab out of back to big box.. the tab is called AHK.ahk

I haven't configured an autohotkey script or anything. Any idea on no how to solve this?

Only happens when I use bigbox via this addon.

15 minutes ago, ivant said:

I'm having a minor issue with 1.5.6 when I exit games that use mednafen emulator, I have a blank screen that I have to manually alt-tab out of back to big box.. the tab is called AHK.ahk

I haven't configured an autohotkey script or anything. Any idea on no how to solve this?

Only happens when I use bigbox via this addon.

What you are seeing is the blank black window, the script creates to hide desktop icons. For some reason your mednafen is bring it in front of BigBox on exit. Is it the only emulator that does that for you?