LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox

9 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

What you are seeing is the blank black window, the script creates to hide desktop icons. For some reason your mednafen is bring it in front of BigBox on exit. Is it the only emulator that does that for you?

Yep only happens with mednafen, no issues with the others.

27 minutes ago, ivant said:

Yep only happens with mednafen, no issues with the others.

In LaunchBox's emulator settings for mednafen, in the Exit AutoHotkey script tab, try this:

if WinExist("ahk_exe BigBox.exe")
	WinActivate

That should being Bigbox back to front whenever you exit that emulator.

10 minutes ago, 03397 said:

I have the exact same issue with the origin launcher of EA.

Every time I exit the game  I need to alt+tab.

I can't force the black window to the back because it will go under the task bar which defeats it's purpose of hiding desktop icons and such. I take a look at trying to make it hide behind BigBox all the time but i am not sure that is possible without breaking things but I will look into it.

1 hour ago, CoinTos said:

@ivant @03397

I might have a simple solution to the blank windows over top of BigBox, can both of you test out this beta to see if fixes the problem and doesn't cause BigBox to interfere with your setups.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.7~beta2.zip 228.3 kB · 0 downloads

You're a legend! Whatever you changed in the beta has fixed the issue. Thanks!

PM me if you have any donate details, happy to tip for the work.

Edited by ivant

I have downloaded the beta version but the problem is still there. 

To give you a clearer picture when  I start an origin game for the first time  inside launchbox and exit the game no alt+tab is needed.

But when I start the game and I am already logged in origin  the alt+ tab is needed.

3 hours ago, 03397 said:

I have downloaded the beta version but the problem is still there. 

To give you a clearer picture when  I start an origin game for the first time  inside launchbox and exit the game no alt+tab is needed.

But when I start the game and I am already logged in origin  the alt+ tab is needed.

So what you are saying is the alt+tab is need to display the game or Origin client as in BigBox is over it? I personally hate Origin and only use it because of Battlefield 4 which I wrote an open and close script to kill it after I am done playing so give as much detail as possible and I will see if it is in the scope of this script or if you will have to do something like I did.

11 hours ago, ivant said:

You're a legend! Whatever you changed in the beta has fixed the issue. Thanks!

PM me if you have any donate details, happy to tip for the work.

Good to hear, it didn't break anything because it really was a simple fix, can't believe I missed it when I first did the blank window.

7 minutes ago, 03397 said:

@CoinTos

No I meant when I  exit the game  I return in  bigbox  not in origin, I do not return to origin, but in order to be able to navigate I need to use alt+tab.

This does not happen when I start the game for the first time and I log in to origin. 

Right, so you launch the game it requires Origin to launch in order to launch it so Origin loads and displays but when you exit the game, you don't see the origin launcher anymore but BIgBox. That would be outside the scope of this script, if you were to try do same with BigBox only, no Kodi, and you get the same result, that would fall onto BigBox to take care of Origin's focus, so you would need a game exit script to fix that or talk to Jason for a feature for Origin Games.

It is kind of difficult to explain.

Origin does not appear since I have it running at the background and not as a window.

So, when I start the game with origin for the first time, I log in to origin, origin runs at the background. After I finish the game I return to bigbox and I can navigate just fine.

If I start again the game since I am already logged in in origin, game  starts automatically but after i exit the game and return  back to bigbox, now I  need alt+tab so that I can navigate. It is like origin is focused but without its window to be visible. 

This is happening for all the games that run with origin. I do not have this problem with other launchers.  

5 minutes ago, 03397 said:

It is kind of difficult to explain.

Origin does not appear since I have it running at the background and not as a window.

So, when I start the game with origin for the first time, I log in to origin, origin runs at the background. After I finish the game I return to bigbox and I can navigate just fine.

If I start again the game since I am already logged in in origin, game  starts automatically but after i exit the game and return  back to bigbox, now I  need alt+tab so that I can navigate. It is like origin is focused but without its window to be visible. 

This is happening for all the games that run with origin. I do not have this problem with other launchers.  

If it happens with just BigBox running and not using this script with Kodi, then I have to refer to Jason and you will have to start a thread in LaunchBox Troubleshooting, as that is not something this script is meant to handle.

44 minutes ago, 03397 said:

The Kodi is running.

I am getting into bigbox using the  script.

OK, I need you to troubleshoot and I am obviously not saying this right so I am going to put this in steps.

1. Do NOT use Kodi, exit out.
2. Launch BigBox via the start menu or desktop shortcuts
3. Launch Origin Games like you have been doing and note if the same thing is happening
4a. IF so, please post a topic about your issue in the LaunchBox Troubleshooting section, it is not a me problem.
4b. IF not, it may be a problem with script and I will try to recreate it.

Kodi addon for LaunchBox 1.5.7 released!

CHANGES in 1.5.7:
- Separate Python 3 version for Kodi 19+ support
- Fixed AutoHotkey location change in 10.12+
- Fixed the blank black window not staying behind BigBox
- Improved Kodi SMB support error handling
- Other minor error handling fixes

KNOWN ISSUES:
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.
- Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA). Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide task bar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
- Due to windows security restriction on SMB shares over IP  (eg. \\192.168.1.1\shared-folder\), the addon will produce an error saying it is not supported. Current workaround is to enable SMB fix in Advance settings to replace IP with supplied server name or enable SMBv1 on server and computer to allow NetBIOS name resolutions in Kodi.
- Kodi-six package is now required, addon will fail if after first installation of Kodi-six package dependency, Kodi was not restarted.

RELEASE NOTICE:
This release fixes the AutoHotkey directory change in 10.12, now the script will search the LaunchBox directory for the AutoHotkey.exe allowing it to remaining compatible with previous and future directory changes for Third Party Programs in Launchbox. It will now error out if it doesn't find the AutoHotkey.exe. Also, a bunch of bug fixes and error handling improvements were made for both SMB support and general script handling. Due to changes in Kodi 19, there is no way to have a python 2/3 compatible single package so a separate Python 3 only package is available for Kodi 19 Alpha+ users. This package will upgrade any user with a Kodi 16+ existing install who moves to Kodi 19 just by install it after upgrading to Kodi 19.

IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Back to looking into multiple Launchbox support, most likely now a Kodi 19 only feature.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

This may be limited to my setup (Kodi 18.5) but it takes about 10 seconds for bigbox to launch via the addon which I don't recall previously being the case. Happy to wait for Kodi 19 stable release before this is looked into.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 11:17 AM, ivant said:

This may be limited to my setup (Kodi 18.5) but it takes about 10 seconds for bigbox to launch via the addon which I don't recall previously being the case. Happy to wait for Kodi 19 stable release before this is looked into.

I just wanted to report I'm having the same issue.  I don't know when it started.  I'm using Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer (to get HDR to work).  I can click on the app, and still then navigate Kodi then BigBox comes on sometimes already partway through the startup video.

17 minutes ago, Deam said:

I just wanted to report I'm having the same issue.  I don't know when it started.  I'm using Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer (to get HDR to work).  I can click on the app, and still then navigate Kodi then BigBox comes on sometimes already partway through the startup video.

Id recommend using this fork for HDR, it works great and doesnt need additional third party players to work.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Id recommend using this fork for HDR, it works great and doesnt need additional third party players to work.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases

Not to derail the thread - I tried that a while ago, main issue was Windows SDR (unless that has been fixed), but also the internal audio filters had issues with high bitrate Atmos filed being fed via passthrough to the receiver.  There was no known fix, and with the DSPlayer I was able to use external LAV filters that worked.

On this issue of the delay - I see this is discussed in the other thread and a cause has been identified.

2 minutes ago, Deam said:

Not to derail the thread - I tried that a while ago, main issue was Windows SDR (unless that has been fixed), but also the internal audio filters had issues with high bitrate Atmos filed being fed via passthrough to the receiver.  There was no known fix, and with the DSPlayer I was able to use external LAV filters that worked.

On this issue of the delay - I see this is discussed in the other thread and a cause has been identified.

I have been using it for months with no issues with SDR/HDR or audio like ATMOS, its been a perfect experience for me.