LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox

3 hours ago, Bedwyr said:

Looks like Kodi 19 stable is released and Python 2.7 is deprecated.

Yep, head over to the addons download page and grab the zip file that ends with '-py3' for Kodi 19. Next release, I will be droppping Kodi 16, 17 and 18 so I will only have to focus on one python code base again so there will no longer be 2 different zip files each release.

• 1 year later...

I am getting the error that the script requires launchbox premium, which I have, so I'm confused why it's still asking for it. It closes out after I hit ok

Running the latest on the latest with py3

Edited by Dan79

1 hour ago, Dan79 said:

I am getting the error that the script requires launchbox premium, which I have, so I'm confused why it's still asking for it. It closes out after I hit ok

Running the latest on the latest with py3

My guess is LaunchBox dev's changed where the Licence.xml is located. That error shows when no file called License.xml exists in the root LaunchBox directory. Just create a blank text file called License.xml and the error will not show anymore. If I get time, I will look into a proper fix, most likely just remove the file check and do something else to ensure the user understand Premium is required.

Edited by CoinTos
Correction

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

The license is still located in the main folder along side the launchbox / bigbox exe files.

Alright, good to know, that hasn't changed.

@Dan79 Make sure that your License.xml file is in the LaunchBox root folder and that BigBox when launched manually accepts it. If the script still errors out provide the log from script's data directory, normally located in "C:\User\<insert user>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addons_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\LaunchBoxLauncher.log", and I will take a look.

I've located the problem. For the EXE I went directly to the core directory to launch, which made the script check that directory for the license file. I changed it to the root exe and it's working fine now. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm with @oliviergregoire, can we PLEASE have a version that works with launchbox.exe??  I have no need for "premium" or "bigbox" and this integration just looks like the publisher might be getting kickbacks.  I just need an add-on that works with the basic LB.

<EDIT>  my apologies cointos, I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just frustrated that I have to spend even more money to get my HTPC "all inclusive".  I have no real use for BigBox because "looking pretty" or having the option to change around how it looks has no value to me.  It would be super nice if there was an integration between LaunchBox and Kodi (defined as NOT BigBox or "premium" Launchbox).

Edited by Mad.Monkey.3

On 9/5/2022 at 8:31 PM, Mad.Monkey.3 said:

I'm with @oliviergregoire, can we PLEASE have a version that works with launchbox.exe??  I have no need for "premium" or "bigbox" and this integration just looks like the publisher might be getting kickbacks.  I just need an add-on that works with the basic LB.

<EDIT>  my apologies cointos, I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just frustrated that I have to spend even more money to get my HTPC "all inclusive".  I have no real use for BigBox because "looking pretty" or having the option to change around how it looks has no value to me.  It would be super nice if there was an integration between LaunchBox and Kodi (defined as NOT BigBox or "premium" Launchbox).

I totally agree with what you said.

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, snarfo67 said:

Is this addon still in development? It's been working flawlessly for me until I updated my Kodi installation to v20. Whether or not it's still in active development, thanks for the great work.

Current beta is posted on the Testing Thread, won't have a final release till this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

CHANGES in 1.6.0:
Add support for LaunchBox and BigBox modes
- Kodi 19+ support only
- Detect which monitor has Kodi on it and moves LaunchBox to it
- A ton of bug fixes

KNOWN ISSUES:
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.
- Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA). Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide task bar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
- Due to windows security restriction on SMB shares over IP  (eg. \\192.168.1.1\shared-folder\), the addon will produce an error saying it is not supported. Current workaround is to enable SMB fix in Advance settings to replace IP with supplied server name or enable SMBv1 on server and computer to allow NetBIOS name resolutions in Kodi.

RELEASE NOTICE:
This release moves the addon to only Kodi 19+ and dropping support for all previous Kodi versions. It also adds support for LaunchBox (Free or Premium) and BigBox modes as well as multi monitor detection.

Edited by CoinTos
attachment removed, download page restore by admin after I accidentally delete it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Not sure if this is an add-on or Launchbox/BigBox problem. Since I have installed some new games (and in the proces had a DirectX update, along with nVidia driver updates), I now have a blocking problem.
To begin with, Launchbox and Bigbox work both perfectly fine when launched from the desktop. When I launch BigBox from Kodi however, with the add-on, then the following happens:
I can hear Bigbox launching in the background. When I walk the menu (blind) and shutdown or reboot the PC, that works. But showing the Bigbox window is broken and 'something' seems to steal all the keyboard and mouse entries. As a result, I can only reboot and do nothing else. Even when I blindly exit BigBox (and it works as the sounds when pressing ESC are gone), Kodi remains on screen and I can perform no Kodi actions, nor do ALT-TAB or CTRL-ALT-DEL for taskbar work.
I have latest Kodi (Nexus) and latest add-on (1.6) and latest Launchbox (13.8). For good measures, I also reinstalled Launchbox and Kodi add-on without change in behaviour.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by gommer