LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox

10 hours ago, CoinTos said:

New test file, autohotkey script updated to draw a black fullscreen window, in an attempt to hide desktop icons and hopefully task bar.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.4-test2.zip

thanks mate! absolutely perfect. with the startup video both the startup and shutdown is now mint from Kodi and very sleek! got a donation scenario or dev page anywhere?

21 hours ago, Rjay said:

... got a donation scenario or dev page anywhere?

No, this is just for fun, no donations needed. Glad it is working for everyone.

I updated the downloads page, no changes were made from test2 to final so no need to update if you are using it.

Kodi addon for LaunchBox 1.5.4 released!

CHANGES in 1.5.4:
- Added Kodi 18 support
- Added black fullscreen gui to Autohotkey script to hide desktop icons and taskbar

KNOWN ISSUES:
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.

RELEASE NOTICE:
This release is a bug fix for Kodi 18. This will also be the last release to support any Kodi version before 18 as it will be rewritten Python 3. Kodi is dropping Python 2 support as it is EOL for Kodi 19.

IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Code rewrite in Python 3

2 hours ago, CoinTos said:

No, this is just for fun, no donations needed. Glad it is working for everyone.

I updated the downloads page, no changes were made from test2 to final so no need to update if you are using it.

Ok no problems, well we appreciate it man :)

new version with those mods is slick as thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

@CoinTos I began to use startup videos, and I'm now seeing the taskbar and mouse pointer for a moment on launch and exit.  I'm using the UWA version of Kodi, I wonder if this has something to do with it?  I had auto updates checked in LB, but have now disabled that and re-installed your add-on after reading your warning.  I double checked the AHK script in my external directory and the version in your latest .zip and they appear to be the same.  Anything I could be doing wrong?

6 hours ago, nonstatik said:

@CoinTos I began to use startup videos, and I'm now seeing the taskbar and mouse pointer for a moment on launch and exit.  I'm using the UWA version of Kodi, I wonder if this has something to do with it?  I had auto updates checked in LB, but have now disabled that and re-installed your add-on after reading your warning.  I double checked the AHK script in my external directory and the version in your latest .zip and they appear to be the same.  Anything I could be doing wrong?

Yeah, about that mouse pointer... I did nothing to attempt to hide it so that will currently be dependant on Bigbox and Kodi handling. You are definitely not doing anything wrong, I will have to look into making a setting in the plugin's options to allow the AHK to hide the taskbar if they selects that. That is really the only true solution, other than setting the blank black gui AHK creates to always on top which wouldn't allow anything over it, lol. It also seems I can only reproduce it on UWA version of Kodi, so it looks like it has to do with the way UWA handles focus of the taskbar with UWA apps.

2 hours ago, CoinTos said:

New test file for hiding taskbar with plugin advanced option added. Report any issues, i haven't rewritten in python 3 yet so it will be compatible with kodi 16/17.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.5-test1.zip 255.48 kB · 1 download

@CoinTos Wow thanks, it's almost perfect!  I enabled the new setting and the userscript updated.  It's much improved, but there is still a flicker of the taskbar starting to draw before it cuts out (like a flash of a horizontal line at the bottom of the screen).  Is there any way to make it hide earlier?  

Edited by nonstatik

On 4/8/2019 at 3:24 PM, nonstatik said:

@CoinTos Wow thanks, it's almost perfect!  I enabled the new setting and the userscript updated.  It's much improved, but there is still a flicker of the taskbar starting to draw before it cuts out (like a flash of a horizontal line at the bottom of the screen).  Is there any way to make it hide earlier?  

To rule out cursor interference which in my testing so far has resulted in a flash of the taskbar, please try this new test file. It moves the cursor to the top right corner and make it invisible on the black gui that I create in the ahk script. Note, it doesn't hide the busy cursor icon yet. Also, since i didn't up the ahk script version number again, you need to select the "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" option in the advanced options in the plugin settings.

Edit: Reread your post and if you are referring to a 1 px line at the bottom that is the 'hidden' taskbar in windows 10 and there is not much I can really do about it. In testing it only shows on launchbox updates for me.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

36 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

To rule out cursor interference which in my testing so far has resulted in a flash of the taskbar, please try this new test file. It moves the cursor to the top right corner and make it invisible on the black gui that I create in the ahk script. Note, it doesn't hide the busy cursor icon yet. Also, since i didn't up the ahk script version number again, you need to select the "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" option in the advanced options in the plugin settings.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.5-test2.zip 255.57 kB · 1 download

Flashing is still there, but the busy cursor/mouse pointer behavior is actually better. :) Now the cursor only flashes in the top right at the same moment/length as the taskbar.

24 minutes ago, nonstatik said:

Flashing is still there, but the busy cursor/mouse pointer behavior is actually better. :) Now the cursor only flashes in the top right at the same moment/length as the taskbar.

Yeah, the flashing has to do with how the UWA apps interact with explorer.exe (and the taskbar by association). It will not even respect a AHK GUI with AlwaysOnTop set and flashes over it so it is going to have to be a known issue as it only affects UWA Kodi. I will keep looking for a solution but I wouldn't hold my breath.

9 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

Yeah, the flashing has to do with how the UWA apps interact with explorer.exe (and the taskbar by association). It will not even respect a AHK GUI with AlwaysOnTop set and flashes over it so it is going to have to be a known issue as it only affects UWA Kodi. I will keep looking for a solution but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Understood, thanks so much for your contribution!  If I get bothered enough by the look, I'll switch from UWA to the normal install.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:11 PM, nonstatik said:

Understood, thanks so much for your contribution!  If I get bothered enough by the look, I'll switch from UWA to the normal install.

New test file, . Modified an example function from AHK forum to change all system icons to blank so that it would only modify the Busy/wait cursor. So basically for the time AHK is running there will be no Busy/Wait cursor but the mouse arrow cursor is only hidden when on Blank Black GUI so that it can be still use in emulator etc. that require it visible. Again, you need to select the "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" option in the advanced options in the plugin settings as the script number is the same as test1.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file as final is released

22 hours ago, CoinTos said:

New test file, . Modified an example function from AHK forum to change all system icons to blank so that it would only modify the Busy/wait cursor. So basically for the time AHK is running there will be no Busy/Wait cursor but the mouse arrow cursor is only hidden when on Blank Black GUI so that it can be still use in emulator etc. that require it visible. Again, you need to select the "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" option in the advanced options in the plugin settings as the script number is the same as test1.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.5-test4.zip 255.87 kB · 1 download

Cursor issue fixed! Taskbar flash still exists, but if I understand correctly, you didn't change anything there.

39 minutes ago, nonstatik said:

Cursor issue fixed! Taskbar flash still exists, but if I understand correctly, you didn't change anything there.

Yeah, as far as the taskbar is concern, it will be listed as a known issue with Kodi UWA as so far the solutions I have looked into are too wonky to be viable without introducing other compatibility issues. Maybe in the future MS will make it so it doesn't raise the taskbar on top of all windows when a UWA app changes states but till then work around will be use regular Kodi, try changing the color of the taskbar to black to minimize the effect or ignore it.

7 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

Yeah, as far as the taskbar is concern, it will be listed as a known issue with Kodi UWA as so far the solutions I have looked into are too wonky to be viable without introducing other compatibility issues. Maybe in the future MS will make it so it doesn't raise the taskbar on top of all windows when a UWA app changes states but till then work around will be use regular Kodi, try changing the color of the taskbar to black to minimize the effect or ignore it.

It's still an improvement from before, thanks again.  Taskbar was already set to black, but yeah I'll switch to regular Kodi if I get too annoyed by it. :) 

2 minutes ago, nonstatik said:

It's still an improvement from before, thanks again.  Taskbar was already set to black, but yeah I'll switch to regular Kodi if I get too annoyed by it. :) 

Drats, was hoping the black taskbar would help as I hadn't tried it. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by CoinTos
typo

14 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

Drats, was hoping the black taskbar would help as I hadn't tried it. Thanks for the feedback.

Update: I removed the Cortana search bar and it's much better now!  You only see a shorter flash when first launching the add-on.  Before, you would see the longer line flash on three occasions:

1) launching add-on before startup video

2) between startup video and Big Box launch

3) after Big Box exit, before Kodi relaunch

Now it's only seen the first time, and less visible.  I think this is as good as it will get. :D

Edited by nonstatik