Grila

Translucent Theme

View File

Translucent  v1.0.1
BigBox  Theme
1/31/2017

Theme Description
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Translucent is a modern-ish theme that features real-time Gaussian blurring behind its transparent panels giving them a frosted glass look. The effect works on both background art and background videos.

Theme Notes 
~~~~~~~~~~~
* Requires the font Bebas Neue, which is included in the root theme folder. Install it before running BigBox.

* This theme is designed for 1080. The way the blur effects are implemented as well as the way that some text is formatted won't provide optimal results at any other resolution. I am aware of this, there is no need to comment and tell me about it. Beauty trumped compatibility on this one.

* Any display scaling above or below 100% is likely to cause alignment issues with some of the theme elements.

* The real-time Gaussian blurring can be a resource hog with fullscreen background videos enabled. Setting all transitions to "None" can help performance, as will using fan art backgrounds instead of videos.

• Like 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

This is a great theme! But for some reason, some of the details on the top (such as the stars-ratings, manufacturer, and country are getting cut off about halfway. Also, on the platforms screen, some spaces in the center of the screen have no details about the system, leaving an empty box

Untitled-1.jpg

Sounds like your display scale is set larger than 100%, anything over 100 will cause alignment issues. The star ratings won't show unless you have set them, per game, in LaunchBox first. Currently the ratings don't get scraped with the other metadata. Platform details are turned on and off in the options, make sure you have on what you prefer. That view uses default elements, so you most likely have some turned off in your options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just now, bundangdon said:

Thanks again for the fast reply! You were definitely right about the platform details and I had turned them off with another theme. However, I checked again on my computer's display scale and it is (and was already) set at 100%. It's still cutting off the manufacturer and region/country as shown in another screen shot below. Not a major problem by any means but just a tad of an annoyance :)

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm actually working on finding a different font right now. I think the problem may be with that font...I had to set a margin on it to get it to align properly and that may be causing problems on other peoples systems according to various Windows settings. Hopefully I can find one and update it today and you can test it out.

• Like 1

Great theme!

One thing to note and I had the same issue when I created my theme awhile back. Even with display scaling of text at 100%, anything probably other than 1920x1080 or lower resolution you have text cut off.  Your theme is running perfect at 1920x1080 for me, but my cabinet resolution is 1360x768 and the text you have of platform name and year is getting cut off on top and bottom. Not sure if there is a solution and I do have the fonts installed. Just thought I would mention it. :)

Hello !

First, thanks for this amazing theme.

Like Sithel above, I've noticed some bugs if I don't run un 1920x1080.

My PC has a QHD Screen (2560x1440), and if I select this resolution, the blurred video is not aligned with the non blurred video. In 1920x1080, no problem, everything is well aligned.

And I second Sithel, in 720p your text are cut off, even with the font you required.

Yes, It's expected. The theme was designed for 1080 and uses some pretty strict aligning measures to make sure all elements line up perfectly. Don't expect it to work at any other resolution. I guess I should add that to the description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 7 months later...