LaunchBox Community Forums

7.7-beta-6 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, beta 6 is out. I added prioritization features so that the various ROMs are ordered based on region and whether or not the games are "verified". I also changed the way the default applications work; there's no longer a check box on additional applications for default. Instead, you can select one from the list in the Add/Edit dialog and click the button to "Make Default", which will replace the default fields on the game to the same ones from the additional app, if that makes sense. Then, finally, there's this stuff from the change log:

- Improvement: Region Priorities have moved to the General section of the Options dialog instead of the Images section, as they are now also used for prioritizing multiple ROM versions on imports

- Improvement: Region Priorities are no longer a premium-only feature and are now available for free users as well, in order to support the prioritizing multiple ROM versions features

At this point, I'd say that the multiple ROMs stuff is ready for more mainstream use, but of course that depends on whether you guys find any bugs lol.

Oh, and I added play count to additional apps as well, and fixed a bunch of bugs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

there's no longer a check box on additional applications for default. Instead, you can select one from the list in the Add/Edit dialog and click the button to "Make Default", which will replace the default fields on the game to the same ones from the additional app, if that makes sense.

...Huh?

I re-read this like four times and I'm still scratching my head haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

...Huh?

I re-read this like four times and I'm still scratching my head haha

Lol. Play with the Make Default button in the Additional Applications tab, and it will start to make sense. What happens when you double-click a game is it runs the default Application Path (or ROM) for that game, from the first tab on the Add/Edit screen. That, along with other fields, are replaced to match the new default additional app when you click the Make Default button.

Just now, Zombeaver said:

I see. So that's taking what you've specified for one additional application entry and copying it over to the others I take it? And "default" is relative to that library entry I guess?

No, it doesn't change the additional apps. What it does change is the fields directly on the game, so that that file is launched when you simply double-click the game instead of choosing a particular ROM/app.

That makes sense given the context of the recent focus on multi-region. In my head this was for something else entirely haha.

While I don't use multiple regions per game in my own library, I'm glad people will have these tools at their disposal for making that process easier.

• Like 1

Sounds great - I'll have to download it when I get home.

While we're on topic of regions and prioritization with the latest beta, I wanted to know if it made more sense to separate regions rather than combinations e.g. "USA, Europe" in regards to media folder structure. It gets a little confusing when I see: "USA", "Europe", "USA, Europe".

How would prioritization work if:

1. USA

2. Europe

And I had images in each of the 3 folders I mentioned above?

hey people im on this beta now as well, how would import my collection again for example amiga but not have to download all the artwork and videos etc as i already have them. just import the rom set again so its organised with the new format that jason has implemented, takes so long to download all the meta data thanks

8 hours ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

Sounds great - I'll have to download it when I get home.

While we're on topic of regions and prioritization with the latest beta, I wanted to know if it made more sense to separate regions rather than combinations e.g. "USA, Europe" in regards to media folder structure. It gets a little confusing when I see: "USA", "Europe", "USA, Europe".

How would prioritization work if:

1. USA

2. Europe

And I had images in each of the 3 folders I mentioned above?

Hmm. In theory, the folders shouldn't be using that format; where are you seeing that?

Hi @Jason Carr,

one quick question since i haven't messed with the "region combining" feature yet (but it's my most wanted feature so THANK YOU THANK YOU for it) - i noticed in the interface it says "combine games with same title" - how would i go about using that with games that have different titles in different regions?  (e.g. Contra/Probotector, Mega Man, Rockman, etc)

I noticed a field on the launchbox gamesDB for "alternate titles for different regions" - is this how that would work?

Also while i'm here - is there a way to apply this "combining" to existing games, or would they need to be removed/reimported?

Edited by Feez
  • Like 1