LaunchBox Community Forums

7.7-beta-10 Released

Jason Carr

Planning to go ahead with the official release tomorrow (Monday) guys. It looks like the music null reference bug has indeed finally been fixed (praise the Lord) as it hasn't come up since beta 15 came out yesterday. Hooray!

I'm expecting that this should fix any remaining stability issues in LaunchBox and Big Box; let me know if anyone sees any additional issues.

• Like 2

I just got the null reference error but I was on beta 12 (I can't keep up!) so presumably it's a non-issue. I'm updating to the latest now.

Does this have any impact on VLC errors in LB? I haven't been on VLC engine in LB for a bit (BB is fine) because it was giving me errors after launching games.

56 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I just got the null reference error but I was on beta 12 (I can't keep up!) so presumably it's a non-issue. I'm updating to the latest now.

Does this have any impact on VLC errors in LB? I haven't been on VLC engine in LB for a bit (BB is fine) because it was giving me errors after launching games.

Possibly, though I need you to test. :)

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Planning to go ahead with the official release tomorrow (Monday) guys. It looks like the music null reference bug has indeed finally been fixed (praise the Lord) as it hasn't come up since beta 15 came out yesterday. Hooray!

I'm expecting that this should fix any remaining stability issues in LaunchBox and Big Box; let me know if anyone sees any additional issues.

@Jason Carr Will the problem with Region Priorities I posted yesterday be fix after the official release? I'm still having the problem when importing with the latest beta (beta-15). 

Here is the link to my earlier post: 

58a0c8c1953f5_MarioBros.(USA).png.d59c4c5002c21451d5bd6abe2fd29fda.png

I am also having a similar problem to what @Pacman56 is having. Though, I expect what I am doing here is a bit of a fringe case. I am using my Commodore Amiga games via UUID. This means that the games file name is something like "d2152856-6923-5caa-a051-a7dec3ad6ade".  The games name is taken during import from the folder name and not the rom name which has the format "1869 [AGA] [WHDLoad, v1.2, AGA]" as an example. So, it seems that when a game is imported using the folder name, the detection of what the games name is breaks down. Just thought I should point it out.

Screenshot (3).png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright all, beta 16 is released. Basically just fixed minor bugs found from Bitbucket, the automatic reporting, and this thread. I am planning for this to be the release candidate unless something major comes up. Hopefully we can put the release out tomorrow

@Jason Carr I just re-imported my Atari 7800 romset with the latest beta (7.7-beta-16) and indeed the problem with "Mario Bros." and "Ms. Pac-Man" has been resolved. :) Much appreciated!

However, the problem with "Super Skateboardin'" I had described earlier, still remains. :(
The (USA) and (Europe) versions of this game should have been combined but they remained un-merged.

• Super Skateboardin' (Europe).rar <- was not combined with the USA version
  • Super Skateboardin' (USA).rar <- was not combined with the Europe version

Here is where you can grab my fake romsets should you wish to tackle this one:

Hi @Jason Carr 

I just deleted the LastMetadataUpdate element from Settings.xml then re-imported the roms.
As a result, I saw the "refreshing metadata..." message in the status bar at the beginning of the import but unfortunately, the problem remains.
The Settings.xml file indicates that the last update took place at 18:03 ET as seen below. (~15 minutes ago)
I can try again tomorrow and see what happens. No big deal.
Thank you for all your help. You are truly awesome!

<LastMetadataUpdate>2017-02-13T18:03:42.0185639-05:00</LastMetadataUpdate>

I noticed something odd last night that I assume is unintentional. If you add an additional app and tell it to "Use Emulator" it doesn't seem to be pulling the relevant platform-specific command line parameters for that emulator. I've only experienced this with Retroarch but presumably it would affect other emulators as well. So, for example, using a Saturn game:

This does not work:

58a3090d965b0_RAAdditionalApp-1.thumb.png.f8647f27fc937ff57328605fc2e5749a.pngThis, however, does work:

58a3092658856_RAAdditionalApp-2.thumb.png.5ba904f39b1074c4c8364cd617116024.pngHere's the relevant associated platform in the emulator entry (setting Retroarch as the primary emulator for a Saturn library entry works just fine):

58a30958c2f80_RAAdditionalApp-3.thumb.png.e41098b3f54dd6e0f5703e95aba678f0.png

• Like 1

@Zombeaver By chance, is the platform for the additional app different than the platform for the original game? Currently, it always uses the platform for the original game since there isn't a platform field on the additional apps. I just tested though and it does seem to be working fine using the proper command line parameters for the platform listed on the game.