LaunchBox Community Forums

7.7-beta-10 Released

Jason Carr

New beta is out; hopefully we're pretty close to the official release with this one. Manually combining and expanding games have been added; they're available via right-clicking on games in LaunchBox. A number of other bugs have been fixed as well, of course.

Let me know how it goes everyone. :)

• Like 10

hi, i haven't taken the betas. if you combine games into one, how do you choose which one in Bigbox with a controller? do you have to go into the game details screen and you see a list there to select and play? what if you disable the game details screen? thanks.

@ckp, Yeah its in the game details screen only, which I also have off. You can turn it back on, or do what I do and bind the game details screen to a controller button, I have mine on the back button. That way I only see the game details screen when I want to choose a rom version or favorite a game etc. Jason is going to integrate a popup eventually when you select a game with multiple versions but it wont make this release unfortunately. You can also set region priorities in launchbox, for example USA and it will always load that version if it is available. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

@neil9000 thanks for letting me know that.  I guess that doesn't bother me since I am not interested in this feature. For the few duplicates I have, I want everyone to see them and I name them so you can tell the difference.

cant wait for the tagging feature.

23 minutes ago, Peridot said:

Manually combined the following:

- Bust a Groove / Bust a Move

I'm assuming by "Bust a Move" you mean the Japanese version: "Bust a Move: Dance & Rhythm Action" and not actually "Bust a Move" (Puzzle Bobble) right? That would be a very weird combo otherwise haha

Jet Moto 2 Championship Edition is one of the few instances where a Greatest Hits edition was actually different from the original release. Championship Edition has fewer racers on each track but it runs a lot smoother. Great game!

Sorry... random tangent... carry on.

48 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I'm assuming by "Bust a Move" you mean the Japanese version: "Bust a Move: Dance & Rhythm Action" and not actually "Bust a Move" (Puzzle Bobble) right? That would be a very weird combo otherwise haha

Jet Moto 2 Championship Edition is one of the few instances where a Greatest Hits edition was actually different from the original release. Championship Edition has fewer racers on each track but it runs a lot smoother. Great game!

Sorry... random tangent... carry on.

Haha yeah, the japanese version, with the different vocals and stuff. I usually go back and forth since there are things that I like from both versions.

Jet Moto 2 is fantastic. I'm more familiar with the vanilla version so I don't know if brute-forcing the performance boost on it would make the championship edition redundant. I need to test that out.

Sorry for the off-topic everyone.  Carry on...

Thank you guys; I just put out another new beta that adds some extra reporting to help identify the music null reference bug that is plaguing us (yes, that's still there). I've also decided not to try and rush this one out today as originally planned. It's certainly way more stable than the previous release already, but I'd rather take my time and try and get everything fixed, so the official release will probably end up coming out early next week instead.

@Maddoc1007 Thanks for the report on the platform video downloads; I haven't fixed that for beta 11 but I'll get on that and get it fixed today. :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, staticfade said:

I know this is low priority but since this round of betas the second screen marquee was available for game level (works on platform only tight now)/  Not sure if a lot of people use it. But it is a nice feature that currently is broken.

Thanks @staticfade, that will definitely be fixed before the official release. :)

16 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you guys; I just put out another new beta that adds some extra reporting to help identify the music null reference bug that is plaguing us (yes, that's still there). I've also decided not to try and rush this one out today as originally planned. It's certainly way more stable than the previous release already, but I'd rather take my time and try and get everything fixed, so the official release will probably end up coming out early next week instead.

@Maddoc1007 Thanks for the report on the platform video downloads; I haven't fixed that for beta 11 but I'll get on that and get it fixed today. :)

Stable official release is of course what everyone wants, that's why us more hardcore are here, its not to say launchbox is buggy, well it is sorta!! but to find them before public release. 

• Like 1

Great to hear guys. Beta 12 is now out. I fixed a bunch of minor bugs. Thanks to the extra reporting I added this morning, I figured out that the annoying null reference music bug was being called by the Music.Kill method, and I bullet-proofed it to high heaven so I'm hoping we can finally put that one to rest. Time will tell.

I also added a dialog to the manual combine process for the user to specify which game to combine the others into, and implemented the combining and expanding on the audit screen as well.

@CriticalCid's included CriticalZone theme has been updated to fix the missing marquee images for games as well, all thanks to him.

• Like 3