LaunchBox Community Forums

7.7-beta-10 Released

Jason Carr

2 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

No, it's not different. It's an additional app in a Sega Saturn library entry.

I'm confused then. Any chance you could zip up your data folder with an example? I'm actually in the middle of putting out the release but of course it would be good to solve this first.

19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Oh crap, you know what, I forgot that the export process has to run on the server first. That will run tonight and then I expect that it should finally work properly. Sorry for sending you on a wild goose hunt @Pacman56.

No worries @Jason Carr. I just re-imported with the official release and made sure the local metadata was once again refreshed but I'm still getting those 2 games uncombined. That's really no big deal! I'll start re-importing all my platforms in the next few days now that the official release is out and see if that problem is unique to that platform or not.

Hope to join the live stream tomorrow.

Take care!

• Like 1

@Pacman56, wow, okay; I'll revisit and see what's going on there.

@Patham That is really great to hear. I do have to say that I've been watching the bug reports very closely since the release, and this was probably the smoothest release we've had in a very long time. So I think the changes we made with the error reporting, as well as the decision not to rush out releases have really helped. That makes me happy; nothing stresses me out more than a buggy release.

@Zombeaver That makes perfect sense; thanks for nailing that down. I will get that fixed for a beta release here soon, but thankfully I think that's obscure enough that it can wait another few weeks for the next official release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

@Jason Carr, this could be better handled.

I was Cleaning my images, via the clean up wizard during the live stream, Ill be honest I had forgotten all about it, as it had been running the entire time. Just found this though.

Screenshot (18).png

Looks like a permissions issue. Are you on an admin account? Also do you still see that error running Launchbox as admin?

@neil9000 Most likely that's caused by some kind of file in use conflict either by LaunchBox or by an external application. Considering how many files were in use, I'm guessing it's an external app though. It's really hard to pinpoint that one, unfortunately.

Also, FYI, I cringe whenever I hear about people running LaunchBox as an administrator. That should never be required unless you install LaunchBox into the wrong folder (like Program Files). It's also not at all recommended because it can break some features like drag and drop, and it's also likely a security issue.

Development has gone very well today on the new playlist features. Anyone interested in what is planned can go watch the latest live stream on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jasondavidcarr/videos/all

I'm hoping to have a new beta out for you guys with some extra special goodies by end of day tomorrow. :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@neil9000 Most likely that's caused by some kind of file in use conflict either by LaunchBox or by an external application. Considering how many files were in use, I'm guessing it's an external app though. It's really hard to pinpoint that one, unfortunately.

Also, FYI, I cringe whenever I hear about people running LaunchBox as an administrator. That should never be required unless you install LaunchBox into the wrong folder (like Program Files). It's also not at all recommended because it can break some features like drag and drop, and it's also likely a security issue.

Development has gone very well today on the new playlist features. Anyone interested in what is planned can go watch the latest live stream on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jasondavidcarr/videos/all

I'm hoping to have a new beta out for you guys with some extra special goodies by end of day tomorrow. :)

Thanks Jason, I just completely forgot I was running a image cleanup while I was watching the stream. It finished so I went back to desktop to find that. No harm done so its fine, just thought id point it out.

You bloody tease you!!! extra special goodies????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I have never needed to by the way!!! People always insist it when something goes wrong though!!

• Like 1