LaunchBox Community Forums

Android games inside Launchbox? - AND HOW DO WE ADD MOVIES>?

ResidentEvul13

I saw that android is a platform option bt how the hell do we use it.. I mean I have nox on my systems but it doesn't even install to a normal location so its impossible to locate the app exe... Can this be done with bluestacks?

Again giving me files I don't have a clue about using with the movies is pointless... I created an acoount I got my API key etc but how the heck do we add movies to launchbox?

12 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Movies Music Audio Books Comic Books Ebooks Magazines Your Pictures a folder full of dll files if you want to literally anything. I mean you can drag anything in there and make an empty txt file or the application you want to use the emulator

omg comics! all my comics!!!!!! oh wow! now how do we add android games lol

I don't know how you do it I really only play Retro games on Android and really have no interest in adding it to my computer. I do believe from my time using Bluestacks though it makes an application folder even Andy has a way to use the folders I remember using it not that long ago to setup Gamesome I was going to attempt to set it all up on the PC and move it to any SD for an Asus Zenfone 5 I got from a friend but I only did it one afternoon and that was over a month ago so I don't remember the details. Maybe this link can help you out and show you where Andy's files are located.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I don't know how you do it I really only play Retro games on Android and really have no interest in adding it to my computer. I do believe from my time using Bluestacks though it makes an application folder even Andy has a way to use the folders I remember using it not that long ago to setup Gamesome I was going to attempt to set it all up on the PC and move it to any SD for an Asus Zenfone 5 I got from a friend but I only did it one afternoon and that was over a month ago so I don't remember the details. Maybe this link can help you out and show you where Andy's files are located.

far more interested in adding my insane comic book collections now thanks for everything

I would actually love to add android games and apps to the PC, but I only want to do it officially (as in with my android email address entered and using that account etc.) and I don't trust any of the emulators enough. I wish they'd release something official.

In the meantime, you might try Koplayer. I suggest it because a while back I was able to get it to work in Rocketlauncher. If I recall, its only a matter of associating the apk with the emulator, then having a program launch the apk like an exe. So basically just drag the apk into LB, and make sure its not set to use an emulator. It might work, might not. Been a while since I messed with that emu at all.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

I would actually love to add android games and apps to the PC, but I only want to do it officially (as in with my android email address entered and using that account etc.) and I don't trust any of the emulators enough. I wish they'd release something official.

In the meantime, you might try Koplayer. I suggest it because a while back I was able to get it to work in Rocketlauncher. If I recall, its only a matter of associating the apk with the emulator, then having a program launch the apk like an exe. So basically just drag the apk into LB, and make sure its not set to use an emulator. It might work, might not. Been a while since I messed with that emu at all.  

thx for all awesome feedback

• 3 months later...

This appears to be the best thread to post this in . . .

Yesterday, I dusted off Nox and started installing some game apks I got through Humble Bundle. I thought, "Why not add those games to LaunchBox? It would make launching those games so much easier!" As if I don't have enough to do with 20k+ Commodore 64 files . . .

So I'm digging around in the emulator settings in LaunchBox. Nox has a command line parameter to load Nox when a package is selected (taken from https://www.bignox.com/blog/command-line-parameters-that-nox-app-player-supports/):

-package:<package_name>

where <package_name> takes the format of com.doubleeleven.frozensynapseprime for example (the package name for Frozen Synapse Prime I have installed). This information can be found easiest using ES File Explorer, I've discovered. I'll post more on that if there's an interest.

So what should the syntax be for "default command-line parameters" in the emulator setup window? Are double-quotes used around the variable, or what? And how does one get rid of the "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE" in the "sample command" line? That path is unnecessary if the package is called from the Nox command line. And then there's the question of the syntax for the "application path" parameter in the program details. Should just the package name, without a path, be used on that line?

• 4 years later...

Still possible to emulate Android on launchbox ? It's looks like impossible now ? 

Thanks for answer. It's true, i Can launch Nox for example. But is there a way to launch directly a game from launchbox ? Each Time i want to launch it, it enter in box and it's not plug'n play. Is there a way to manage that ? Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...