LaunchBox Community Forums

Recomendations of Gamepads for Smartphones

StuDentBR

Hey guys whats up ? I added some games at my smartphone, they from ps1,snes,nes,genesis, master system, psp and n64, i got a bluetooth controller that is the xbox360 model and holds the phone on top of it, it works very well, but it is way too big to carry on pocket hehe , i thought about it and if there were one that was like a "bumper" , "case" (sorry if this is the wrong word i am not a native english speaker)  or something that works like a PSP GO or xperia play, which means that we could carry together with the smartphone on the pocket and it would be "ready to play" it would be the perfect solution, so if you guys have some suggestions to give i appreciate.

I added some pictures of what i had in mind (this razer one is out of list because i don't have or plan to have and iphone), it could be like this one or something small enough to fit in pocket. 

e3-2014-razer-junglecat-gives-your-iphone-a-slide_qwjh.jpg

e3-2014-razer-junglecat-gives-your-iphone-a-slide_dm12.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by StuDentBR

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

You showed me that before but I didn't realize that it was a all in one deal

Oh did I? Memory like a fish me. lol Yeah you get everything for £99.99 I bought it just before christmas, I was upgrading from a z3735 tablet that couldn't even run retroarch snes9x, this one is a x5-z8300 which will run mupen64 in retroarch and yeah comes with that xbox certified dock.

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Really I have a z3735 tablet handles RA very well until you go N64 PS1 realm

Well mario kart ran like a dog for me constantly freezing for a few frames then carrying on and sound was out of sync also. I found stand alone snes9x to work better. This one will run N64 and PS1.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:31 AM, StuDentBR said:

Hey Guys take a look at this video: 

That's what i am talking about, but it does not seems like i will find something like this to my smartphone...

I'd worry about that dpad anyway, doesn't look like it'd work very well. The gamepad you already have is probably your best bet. I myself use a gamesir like @neil9000 and it works well.

• 3 months later...

Just found one Controller that seems to be interesting, a bit expensive when compared to the others but looks good, have You guys ever used the "wee controler" ? (i did not wrote wrong It is really "wee" haha) i Will send some pictures.

On 2017-2-22 at 3:07 PM, neil9000 said:

276273391-2128443587.jpg

688035207736324214.jpg

-1640554542-1052450175.jpg

Edited by StuDentBR
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, StuDentBR said:

Just found one Controller that seems to be interesting, a bit expensive when compared to the others but looks good, have You guys ever used the "wee controler" ? (i did not wrote wrong It is really "wee" haha) i Will send some pictures.

276273391-2128443587.jpg

688035207736324214.jpg

-1640554542-1052450175.jpg

I have never seen that before, but actually quite like the look of it.

• Like 1

The "Wee Controller' you mentioned seems very interesting and something worth investing in, possibly. I found it here https://www.amazon.com/Bounabay-Wireless-Telescopic-Bluetooth-Controller/dp/B01NBT9RFY/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01NBT9RFY&pd_rd_r=XM1BEJ4T0F8JSZ67168P&pd_rd_w=VG23k&pd_rd_wg=LfIjh&psc=1&refRID=XM1BEJ4T0F8JSZ67168P

And sorry for that ridiculously long link :D

Edited by bundangdon