LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Playlists Missing Games

solidmeister

Hello guys,

Am i the only one having problems with populating arcade playlists?

My problem is that i have many games missing from playlists that in fact are in my set, like if i search them in the Arcade platform they will show up but they are marked as missing in the playlists they belong.

I tried several re-imports and the problem continues to happen, now the CPS II has also disappeared from playlits for no aparent reason.

I have 7.8 version with lifetime premium license and a full mame split set.

Thank you for your help. 

Cheers

Edited by solidmeister

I can confirm that this is happening to me.

I am using .183

I have only checked the CPS playlists. CPS II is missing almost half of the games. For example the Dungeons and Dragon games show up in Capcom Classics, but not in CPS II.

I was thinking of getting the latest 0.183 set to test but now i see there is no use of it since it has the same issues as quazl stated.

So, are we the only users that encounter these problems? I want to begin to organize my new playlists but i really can't because of this issue :\

Any thoughts?

It may just be that something was missed or that you have the wrong set potentially. I was more curious about if the set was split, non-merged or merged. Merged has issues for importing and filters (since the structure of the set is not the same), so split and non-merged (non-merged .182 onwards) are generally the best.

I tested with diferent import options and the results are diferent but not much, what options do you choose Brad? Prioritize a region or import all the originals?

Is there any way to let's say reset the xml's that do this playlist distribution?

Edited by solidmeister

I prioritized N. America for me. If a game was never released here though, as long as it still follow the check boxes below, it will still get imported. All that means (more or less) is that when a game was released multiple places, which language do you prefer? As far as if things are still missing and what to do about it, then try talking to Jason over at the beta thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

My issue was the importer was incorrectly importing games e.g. "house of the dead" was importing as "house of the dead 4", it assumed it was a duplicate and did not import.

When I told the importer to import duplicates as well and tried to edit the file manually it could not find "house of the dead" in the LaunchBox DB.

9 hours ago, natemac00 said:

My issue was the importer was incorrectly importing games e.g. "house of the dead" was importing as "house of the dead 4", it assumed it was a duplicate and did not import.

When I told the importer to import duplicates as well and tried to edit the file manually it could not find "house of the dead" in the LaunchBox DB.

Prior to your post I only had House of the Dead imported. So I went ahead an tested importing HOD again along with 2, 3, and 4. In both instances Launchbox imported them all. The only issue I had was for HOD 3 and 4 it found only the Wikipedia meta. So I deleted the Wikipedia ID on them and searched for metadata and it found the Launchbox Database title as "House of the Dead 3 (Arcade)" and "House of the Dead 4 (Arcade)". So LB did import them but only found the WIki info on the initial import. Are your roms from a full Mame rom set? How is the rom named for your House of the Dead?