LaunchBox Community Forums

ATARI ST Emulator setup guide

proghodet

33 minutes ago, sundogak said:

@drewjbxThe other thing to test is if you have the "Keep desktop resolution in fullscreen" checked.

2111385770_DesktopScreenshot2020_04.14-12_30_35.18_cr.thumb.PNG.14588438ae1a503bf1ceb5355dde05c0.PNG

I ended up switching to Hitari and it works pretty good, no focus issues. I like Steem because it will zoom in the screen to fill your display, also you can set hotkeys. But cannot figure out the focus problem. Will probably try to setup Hitari within RA soon. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

i have 2 little questions :

Hatari uses the thumb stick of my controller instead of the D-pad. Is there a way to change that ?

Is there a way to use "esc" to quit the emulator ? for now, i just can use F12 then Quit, which is not convenient :(

@Elhora

Assuming you are talking about standalone Hatari and not Retroarch.  The default command to quit is ALT Q (you can change in Hatari).  So if go to Edit Emulator and the Exit AHK Script tab:

Capture.thumb.JPG.575812e4cf17932e88fd92cbf74d4fe9.JPG

Send {RAlt down}
Sleep 50
Send {Q}
Sleep 50
Send {RAlt up}

As to remapping within Hatari on the D-Pad, not aware of way to do that other than going with Joy2Key or some sort of keyboard mapper. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/22/2017 at 7:21 PM, proghodet said:

I decided to make this video today, as i couldn't find any videos about the emulator at all, and even though it was made in 2004, it's a really good and versatile emulator.
My first video ever uploaded, so be nice! I also hope more people try out Atari ST games - there's a lot of good games on there.
It's a pity most of them (but not all!) had better ports elsewhere, so many just discard the system as a whole, maybe in favor of the almighty Amiga or something.
Anyway, I hope the video can be of help :)

Apologies to necro such an old thread, however I've come to appreciate Steem's simplicity compared to Hatari (besides, hatari isn't running the games well). I was wondering how do i get Steem to auto play PRG files? For example, 1943 is an mfm file, which is a hard drive. I got a PRG file patch which i put into the hard drive folder. The thing is, Steem boots into the desktop and I have to navigate to the 1943 folder and double click the PRG file.

Is there a way so that I can get Launchbox to tell Steem to boot straight into the game liek it does with IPF or ST files?

6 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Apologies to necro such an old thread, however I've come to appreciate Steem's simplicity compared to Hatari (besides, hatari isn't running the games well). I was wondering how do i get Steem to auto play PRG files? For example, 1943 is an mfm file, which is a hard drive. I got a PRG file patch which i put into the hard drive folder. The thing is, Steem boots into the desktop and I have to navigate to the 1943 folder and double click the PRG file.

Is there a way so that I can get Launchbox to tell Steem to boot straight into the game liek it does with IPF or ST files?

Unfortunately, I don't know have any idea how to do this.. some disks simply just boot to the desktop as you say. I have mapped my PS3 controller to use one of the analog sticks as a mouse, so its not a deal breaker for me. If you find a workaround, do share!