LaunchBox Community Forums

ATARI ST Emulator setup guide

proghodet

I decided to make this video today, as i couldn't find any videos about the emulator at all, and even though it was made in 2004, it's a really good and versatile emulator.
My first video ever uploaded, so be nice! I also hope more people try out Atari ST games - there's a lot of good games on there.
It's a pity most of them (but not all!) had better ports elsewhere, so many just discard the system as a whole, maybe in favor of the almighty Amiga or something.
Anyway, I hope the video can be of help :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I use another method to import my Steem games:

I open Steem, load both disks (if it is a two disk game), set up any macros and other settings (machine type & memory for example) and then save a config (ex. Cadaver.ini)

Then i import the config into Launchbox instead of the actual games. That way each game can have it's own custom ST settings and it is easier to manage.

I don't emulate the ST much (I'm an Amiga man) but it's got improved features and better emulation accuracy, you might not notice much difference as the original Steem was a very good emulator, but by using the new one, you certainly won't be losing anything whether you notice the new features or not, so why not use it?

• 10 months later...

but there is a keyboard on my laptop also doesnt work i did the keybooard buton maping to the left joystick and the ps4 to the right joystic as shown in the video tutorial also when i try to laucnch through launchbox its just shown black screen with a white square in the middle i gues is the emulator cause when i click with the muse the emulator comes up with the game but windowed not at full screen but anyway if its too hard to get it working corectly in full screen through launchbox il pass 

• 2 years later...
On 3/23/2017 at 11:53 AM, Crush said:

I use another method to import my Steem games:

I open Steem, load both disks (if it is a two disk game), set up any macros and other settings (machine type & memory for example) and then save a config (ex. Cadaver.ini)

Then i import the config into Launchbox instead of the actual games. That way each game can have it's own custom ST settings and it is easier to manage.

hello, I know this is an old thread... thanks to proghodot for the video. However when launching games from LB the Atari game comes up but then loses focus behind LB black screen. If I mouse click it I will get the game over dialog and steem will be running in the background. I tried all the different options in the startup screen and no help. Only way is to disable it all together. If anyone knows a way to get it working with the startup screen please share. 

@drewjbx  I had used Hatari and still have it setup (use Steem and/or  RA with Hatari core). I don't have any issues with startup screen in Hatari.  With standalone Hatari this is my setup screen:

--fullscreen --statusbar n --fast-boot y --desktop-st n --force-max y --confirm-quit n --disk-a

Capture.thumb.JPG.882a91eb66f59df4b585e3299206a381.JPGMy recollection was that the --force max command helped keep the windows in check and not lose focus. 

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 1