LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues discussed on Stream and a few more

cammelspit

@Jason Carr Sorry, for lack of a better place to put this I have decided to go on ahead and place it here. As I briefly mentioned in the stream there are a few issues and such you asked me to spell out for you in the forum, so here I am! I will also be including a few newer ones I have found that might be easy-ish to fix.

1. Because I enjoy the background music feature for ambient arcade sounds, I also have a decent chunk of game soundtracks and videos I would like these to play better with each other. Currently, if background music is enabled and prioritize soundtracks is also enabled, the soundtracks will always fail to play. They don't have to play at the same time but the expected behavior would be to pause the background music, play the soundtrack and the reverse that when you are not focused on a game with a soundtrack. An option to allow background AND soundtracks at the same time would also be great so I can still have my ambient arcade sounds and enjoy my soundtracks as well.
  2. Of course, the slow selection of platform categories in BB but you know about that one.
  3. There is no equivalent option in LB to prioritize soundtracks over videos so they play the audio at the same time, unlike BB which handles it well enough.
  4. This one is a genuine bug that I just found a few minutes ago. With LB in list view, videos do not play at all. That's it, they just refuse to play neither automatically nor when clicked. They will only play if I double click them to make them fullscreen.

I only made this post because you asked me to be more specific as to exactly what I meant. If you would still like the video I mentioned I can still do that for you. Right now though, I just didn't feel like recording anything. :P

Thanks, Jason, keep up the great work! Looking forward to the 7.9 release!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you @cammelspit. We should put in tickets for #1 and #3; I won't be able to tackle those before the 7.9 release. #2 should already be addressed with beta 7; let me know if you're still seeing performance issues switching between platform categories and platforms. I'll try and get to #4 before the 7.9 release. :)

I absolutely will Jason, thanks again my friend.

• Like 1

@Jason Carr Sorry, sorry, sorry... :| I hate being the guy who continually breaks things but I found another thing that is clearly a bug when testing out the platform categories thing and I ended up recording a video for you so you can see exactly how I reproduce it. Seems like if there is any slight delay or lag while switching games to one with a soundtrack, the prioritize soundtracks won't kick in and so I get the video and the soundtrack audio at the same time.

On the bright side, platform categories in BB are about twice as fast as it was so a win there. :) 

@Jason Carr

And now this.... I pressed enter twice accidentally while selecting a platform category and heard two confirmation chimes right as this came up. Since I already ahve a thread anyways, may as well put it here. Please Don't Hate ME! :S

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.9-beta-8
Type:    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Site:    TValue get_Item(TKey)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at (PlatformFiltersViewModelBase )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.OnEnter()
   at (MainViewModel )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnEnter()
   at (MainViewModel , KeyEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at (MainView , Object , KeyEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MainView.MainView_OnPreviewKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawKeyboardActions actions, Int32 scanCode, Boolean isExtendedKey, Boolean isSystemKey, Int32 virtualKey)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

2:31:09 PM Music.Kill Media Dispose
   2:31:09 PM Music.Kill Player Dispose
   2:31:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   2:31:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   2:31:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   2:31:09 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   2:31:10 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:31:10 PM Music.MediaOnParsedChanged Start
   2:31:10 PM Music.NextTrack Start
   2:31:10 PM Music.Kill Start
   2:31:10 PM Music.Kill Media Dispose
   2:31:10 PM Music.Kill Player Dispose
   2:31:10 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   2:31:10 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   2:31:10 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   2:31:10 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   2:31:11 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:31:11 PM Music.MediaOnParsedChanged Start
   2:31:11 PM Music.NextTrack Start
   2:31:11 PM Music.Kill Start
   2:31:11 PM Music.Kill Media Dispose
   2:31:11 PM Music.Kill Player Dispose
   2:31:11 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   2:31:11 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   2:31:11 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   2:31:11 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   2:31:11 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:31:11 PM Music.MediaOnParsedChanged Start
   2:31:12 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   2:31:12 PM Music.Kill Start
   2:31:12 PM Music.Kill Media Dispose
   2:31:12 PM Music.Kill Player Dispose
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   2:31:12 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   2:31:12 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:31:12 PM Music.PlayerEndReached Start
   2:31:12 PM Music.Kill Start
   2:31:12 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:31:13 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   2:31:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   2:31:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   2:31:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   2:31:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   2:31:13 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   2:31:15 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   2:31:29 PM Music.Initialize Start
   2:31:29 PM Music.Kill Start
   2:31:29 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:31:35 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   2:31:35 PM Exception

Edited by cammelspit

46 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

@Jason Carr Sorry, sorry, sorry... :| I hate being the guy who continually breaks things but I found another thing that is clearly a bug when testing out the platform categories thing and I ended up recording a video for you so you can see exactly how I reproduce it. ..

Nothing to be sorry about. That’s what’s called being a good beta tester! Breaking = Helping ;)

I wonder if @Nielk1 would agree with that. LOL! Poor guy is always getting me messaging him and saying I broke SOMETHING. Heck, I even broke the clipboard app @jadekitten wrote within about 40 seconds of having it... She had been using it for what, a few years without issues at that point? :D

Edited by cammelspit
My spelling SUUUUUUUCKS! hehe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Oh @cammelspit, always breaking things!! :) 

I know right? It's like every time I start BB with the intention of trying out new features I find something. Usually, when I start it up I just go to what I want to play and then I play it, nothing more. I guess it's my fault for updating to beta but I just can't wait! Like, EVER! Fun fact, I just updated to the creator's update last night and the whole of BB is just SO much smoother now. Not sure if it was because it had been longer than 90 days since I reinstalled Windows or if the update helped with something else but it's SO nice. Not quite as fast as Jasons collection but man, oh man, it is good for everything to be a little faster.