LaunchBox Community Forums

Switch Theme

Grila

Thanks @Grila, now fits fantastic in GPDWIN!

Only a problem with horizontal cover view: in some cases, appear left or right grey bands, like images still loading (but all images are loading).

Captura4.thumb.jpg.f41330faa2c8acd69022ca8acf727332.jpg It´s just happens with box cases like pc or Megadrive /Genesis.

Thanks  for your hard work!!

1 hour ago, Tio Perico said:

Thanks @Grila, now fits fantastic in GPDWIN!

Only a problem with horizontal cover view: in some cases, appear left or right grey bands, like images still loading (but all images are loading).

Captura4.thumb.jpg.f41330faa2c8acd69022ca8acf727332.jpg It´s just happens with box cases like pc or Megadrive /Genesis.

Thanks  for your hard work!!

Yeah, I believe that's an issue with the control itself. I have one thing I can try but it won't be until next week if you can hold tight.

12 hours ago, spektor56 said:

Just a FYI for people complaining about scaling issues.  You can disable windows scaling for bigbox here:

Hm, doesn't work for me. In fact, it makes things even worse: With this option turned on, things are scaled too big in Big Box even with Windows scaling set to 100%. Any solution to this scaling issue would be greatly appreciated, as it concerns not only the Switch theme but other themes as well (like Fundamental). Thanks!

2 hours ago, Cabirus said:

Hm, doesn't work for me. In fact, it makes things even worse: With this option turned on, things are scaled too big in Big Box even with Windows scaling set to 100%. Any solution to this scaling issue would be greatly appreciated, as it concerns not only the Switch theme but other themes as well (like Fundamental). Thanks!

Works perfect for me, are you not on the creators update?  Make sure u have application selected for the scaling option.

Edited by spektor56

Just wanted to point out that the platform images on the main page are kind of blurry for some reason. You can even tell in your screenshots that they are blurry compared to later images with the platform banner.

Great theme though, probably the first I've considered to be overall good.

• Like 1

Just wanted to point out that the platform images on the main page are kind of blurry for some reason. You can even tell in your screenshots that they are blurry compared to later images with the platform banner.

Great theme though, probably the first I've considered to be overall good.

Yep, it's how the program scales them when used in the wheel. Nothing I can do about it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

To fix the platform images for display scaling above 100%, take 176 and divide it by your scale.  Mine was 150, so 176 / 1.5 = 117.

In Switch\Views\PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml, I replaced the value X="176" with x="117" on line 47.

This worked for me, at least. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, j4c3 said:

To fix the platform images for display scaling above 100%, take 176 and divide it by your scale.  Mine was 150, so 176 / 1.5 = 117.

In Switch\Views\PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml, I replaced the value X="176" with x="117" on line 47.

This worked for me, at least. 

This was very helpful getting my platform wheel sized up properly on a 4k display at 125%

changed line 47 from X = "176" to X = "280"

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2017 at 8:18 AM, Spyral said:

Anyone know how to fix this? Where do I adjust the margin?

Untitled.thumb.png.0973d4ee57bb9ffe26d02db46ae1e7dc.png

I think I fixed this on mine.  Maybe GameDetailsView.xaml.  Line 25:

<controls:ScrollableTextBlock Padding="0,0,18,0" Name="ScrollingNotes" Text="{Binding Path=Notes}" FontFamily="Oxygen" Foreground="#323232" TextWrapping="Wrap"...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, j4c3 said:

I think I fixed this on mine.  Maybe GameDetailsView.xaml.  Line 25:

<controls:ScrollableTextBlock Padding="0,0,18,0" Name="ScrollingNotes" Text="{Binding Path=Notes}" FontFamily="Oxygen" Foreground="#323232" TextWrapping="Wrap"...

And that worked for me. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I have a LG 4K UHD Monitor (27inch). and as much as i loved this theme it was terrible on my screen as the Platform images we're not properly aligned.. Thankfully i downloaded his updated version but was still having the same issue.. what i did
Theme > Views > PlatformWheel1FiltersView XML changed <TranslateTrasnform X="107" Y="-1"/> to <TranslateTransform X="215" Y="-1"/>

and its working 100% beautiful for me. Now just to add some background music & sounds. Would've been nice to be able to have like particles flying around in the background (kind of how PS4 does)

Proof.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, jamesclarke555 said:

Hi Grila,

I'm using the latest version of LaunchBox (7.10) and your awesome Switch theme (1.0.2). My games view doesn't look like the screenshots posted, I have extra vertical space around my box art, is this a known issue? I read this thread but didn't see it mentioned.

Cheers :)

switch_theme.png

No one has reported this yet. It may be a side effect of changes @Jason Carr has made since the theme was released. I'll look into it and see if I can get it back to normal. Thanks for reporting it to me :)

• Thanks 1

Switch Changelog:

v1.0.3 (8/30/2017):
-moved the GrilaControlLibrary.dll to the theme Plugins folder, which is an added feature since the theme release (the .dll will still need to be un-blocked before launching BigBox)
-fixed the large outline bug reported by @jamesclarke555 (thanks again for reporting it to me)

• Thanks 1