LaunchBox Community Forums

Switch Theme

Grila

13 minutes ago, RetroGameReaper said:

@Grila I'm also having alignment issues. It's on my pc though. My scale is at 100% so I'm not really sure what to do. My resolution is at 1366x768 if that helps.

Did you read the notes?

* Designed for 1920x1080. I can't guarantee it will work at any other resolutions (really only the platform wheel), even in the same aspect ratio, because of the margin that is applied to the wheel to get it off center. The box game view and all text views are NOT affected by this and will work at any resolution, although text spacing and some other misc. elements may not look as perfect as they do at 1080.

• 4 weeks later...

@Grila,  Sorry if I bother you, I still continue to increase size game boxes for gpd win 1.

I tried to modify BoxesGamesView.xaml and BoxGameView.xaml, but I can´t find where to change the size of the boxes.

Where can I modify these sizes, what is the file I would have to look at?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

25 minutes ago, Tio Perico said:

@Grila,  Sorry if I bother you, I still continue to increase size game boxes for gpd win 1.

I tried to modify BoxesGamesView.xaml and BoxGameView.xaml, but I can´t find where to change the size of the boxes.

Where can I modify these sizes, what is the file I would have to look at?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh man @Tio Perico, I do apologize because I have totally forgotten about doing this for you! Give me a day or so and I'll get it modified for you.

@Tio Perico here you go:

Extract and replace the files in your light and dark directories with these (sorry, I had to ZIP them because they are the same filename):

light.zip

dark.zip

Then, depending on your display scaling you may need to edit the BoxGameView.xaml for each version and lower the MinHeight property (the value I have inserted is for 100% scaling). It may take some trial, but without having a GPDWin on hand, I can't test it to get the exact value needed.

<UserControl xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
             xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"
             xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
             mc:Ignorable="d"
             d:DesignHeight="300" d:DesignWidth="300">
    <Image Name="Image" Source="{Binding Image}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" MinHeight="300"/>
</UserControl>

1219770651_LaunchBoxBigBox6_6_201811_17_13AM.thumb.png.eaccc28d16eaec81acb106fe849133aa.png

@Grila, thanks so much for your work!!

I can modify the gamewheel like as I wanted.

In the image attached, the result of the theme with modifications I made. 

I have simplified elements of the screen, removing some things.

If someone is interested in the changes, for their GPDWIN, I also attach the files that I have modified (only for dark version).gpdwin.jpg.4e245f785e0c9d7c26170440329eafc6.jpg

Thank you very much again @Grila

gpdswitchdark.zip

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 11:28 AM, Grila said:

@Tio Perico here you go:

Extract and replace the files in your light and dark directories with these (sorry, I had to ZIP them because they are the same filename):

light.zip

dark.zip

Then, depending on your display scaling you may need to edit the BoxGameView.xaml for each version and lower the MinHeight property (the value I have inserted is for 100% scaling). It may take some trial, but without having a GPDWin on hand, I can't test it to get the exact value needed.

<UserControl xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
             xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"
             xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
             mc:Ignorable="d"
             d:DesignHeight="300" d:DesignWidth="300">
    <Image Name="Image" Source="{Binding Image}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" MinHeight="300"/>
</UserControl>

1219770651_LaunchBoxBigBox6_6_201811_17_13AM.thumb.png.eaccc28d16eaec81acb106fe849133aa.png

any plans on doing a Wallview for this ??

Not really. I'm keeping this one as close to the actual Switch GUI as I can.

Also, the wall view in BigBox leaves a lot to be desired. One of my major gripes is that is doesn't have a clear indication of the selected item (ie. a colored outline like the above screenshot).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grila said:

Also, the wall view in BigBox leaves a lot to be desired. One of my major gripes is that is doesn't have a clear indication of the selected item (ie. a colored outline like the above screenshot).

ahh i see.. i mean a very basic wall view would be good enough ill try to see if i can come up with something of course in all respect to your craft.. just i really like the wallview style 

1 hour ago, Grila said:

**UPDATE**
here's what i was able to come up with so far

Untitled-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 8:55 PM, Tj19 said:

Sorry to bother I love this theme but cant get it to work right, win 7 

this error pops up and the view for the games never looks like the platform one like in your screenshots.

Im probably just being an idiot but any help would be most appreciated!

Capture.PNG

I would really like to try this theme, as it is very much my thing, but I'm afraid I'm having a similar issue to Tj19 here. I'm running it on a GPD Win 2, using the 720p version linked in the original post. The DLL isn't giving me any unlock errors.

Here's the error I'm seeing as soon as I set the skin active.

SwitchError.jpgThanks for any help. Much appreciated. :)

Edited by onebitbeyond
Spelling/spacing

58 minutes ago, onebitbeyond said:

I would really like to try this theme, as it is very much my thing, but I'm afraid I'm having a similar issue to Tj19 here. I'm running it on a GPD Win 2, using the 720p version linked in the original post. The DLL isn't giving me any unlock errors.

Here's the error I'm seeing as soon as I set the skin active.

SwitchError.jpgThanks for any help. Much appreciated. :)

What version of Launchbox are you on?

Also what @DOS76 said. :) 

Edited by neil9000
To late. :)

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, onebitbeyond said:

Hi @Grila

I hope you had a good holiday ?

I appreciate that this may not be top of your list of things to look at right now, but I was wondering if you had any insight into mine and @AbsolutPauer's errors. I can't find any other BigBox themes I'd rather have over this one!

Many thanks!

Sorry for the delay. The problem is because when this theme was released, we didn't have the Plugin folder inside the individual theme directory (you had to put all plugins in the LaunchBox\Metadata directory).

If you have tried running this on newer LB versions, as you clearly have, the Plugin folder will be created in the Switch theme directory. Simply move the plugin .DLL into that directory and you'll be all set.

• 2 months later...

Hi Grlia,

Firstable, I wanted to thank you for having me enjoy simple and minimal interface of switch. I love the sound fx and all.

Since you have power to implement the simplicity of switch interface, I was wondering if you are willing to new switch online (virtual console)

version as well. It'd be so amazing if we could be seeing this on Big Box.

001 09-18-2018.png