LaunchBox Community Forums

Just Starting Out With LB used other front ends in the past

RETROGMR

Hello all Retro GaMeR here 

ive always had this app lying around 1 of my 3 HDD's or SSD drives

(I build servers and.computers)

I've used front ends in the past never really got anything going, I am just going to reload and install once again.

My biggest concern is this "Setup Easy, or Fast Setup" I really love big box, but I'm willing to pay for a premium... hmm now I've seen a plan for 10.00 or 20.00 I'm trying to figure out is that a one time thing? I don't mind paying just was  curious of the big box version

and what about emulators? Any special emu I need to take into consideration just wanted to know and one more thing I have origin, steam, UPlay and others just want to have everything together. Thanks all I'm new here as mentioned before.

$20 is for a year, with the chance to continue or upgrade to a lifetime, or lifetime from the start for $50. EmuMovies is just a bonus if you'd like music, manuals and video more easily. You need Premium for video, but if you already have all of this you can do it yourself. Purchasing EM Premium to get video automatically in LB just makes things easier. As for emulators, you can use pretty much anything. We have a ton of tutorials that I used to make and now ETA Prime does. There are emulators which are better than others, but you have the choice to use what ever you want. Origin and UPlay games you'll need to import a bit differently, but Steam games are routed through the Steam Importer. A ton of questions have also been answered before, so a few searches for a few other questions you might have will go a long way. Otherwise, the community is here to help, welcome.

• Like 1

Honestly it's just easier to to the lifetime for $50. It's worth it and not ever having to worry about it, is a huge reason why I just bit the bullet and bought it outright. I'm pretty warry of buying software, especially if it's some frontend, but Big Box alone is easily worth the $50 asking price. 

Awesome dude!! Interesting I've posted a thread on here nearly an hour ago my friend her and I had a crazy conversation about retro emulation she has her collect only thing she has about 100GB SSD, I showed her the page she fears she'll run out of hdd space. It's been so long since I'm setting this up long time ago

2 hours ago, RETROGMR said:

Awesome dude!! Interesting I've posted a thread on here nearly an hour ago my friend her and I had a crazy conversation about retro emulation she has her collect only thing she has about 100GB SSD, I showed her the page she fears she'll run out of hdd space. It's been so long since I'm setting this up long time ago

You can keep the collection small and curated and have it fit on a a smaller drive. My HTPC only has a 160 gig HD in it and it has a lot fo space left on it. Basically I avoid video files and I keep my CD based collections to only games I really like and will play. My "Arcade" platform on that setup is using a stripped out Mame rom set using the "No FIller" batch file I have uploaded here, it's just the necessary stuff without all the junk.

I really appreciate all of you guys over at the LB Community! I made my purchase and am a happy man now :D
I have so many systems it'll take about 3 weeks to finish (estimate) Now i really wish i had a 500GB external Hard Drive 

:'(  

Wish i would of stuck with my first mind,  because the other multi-emulator Front End are irritating and so much work. 
Again i want to thank you all!   :)