LaunchBox Community Forums

Running MESS Systems in MAME

DJQuad

I would just go with one platform for your Apple IIgs.

If all or most of your games are in the dsk (or another flop1 supported) format, then for your Associated Platform Default Command-Line Parameters you can use
apple2gs -flop1

This will handle your single disk games.

For multiple disk games you can set a Custom Command-Line Parameter for each game. These override the Platform's Default one and take the form
apple2gs -flop1 %romfile% -flop2 "full path to disk 2 goes here" and so on if needed.

If you have a few games which use a format that only supports flop3 and flop4, you could apply Custom Parameters to those games as well.

The MAME Apple IIgs media support list is:

flop1 and flop2 and flop3 and flop4
dsk, po, fdi, td0, imd, cqm, d77, d88, 1dd

flop1 and flop2 only
do, bin, nib

flop3 and flop4 only
img, image, dc, 2img, 2mg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to jump on the thread but trying to set up some Mess systems with Mame to take over from RocketLauncher

Starting with Amstrad GX4000 - i can get it to load fine, but I get a nag screen at the start telling me the system - i don't get this with RocketLauncher. Everything is the same otherwise (i checked the RL logs and copied the command line arguments from there...)

Thoughts?!