LaunchBox Community Forums

Aeon Nox

NJDave71

• 2 weeks later...

@NJDave71 The theme is coming along very nicely and see you have made many revisions to make it better and better and fixed some thing which is awesome. I would probably recommend when you are satisfied with all the fixes which I think you are pretty much there is to maybe make another annoucement in this thread telling about all the fixes and such. Alot of users might have downloaded the first version and might not have known about all the revisions that you did to make the theme even better

Thank you everyone who has downloaded the Aeon Nox Theme.  This theme has gone through multiple revision and the most recent upload addresses everything that I had encountered 

Fixed image and video aspect ratio issues 

Scrolling marquee was cutting off long platform and game description due to carriage return and line feed 

Moved favorite ratings genre and developer images to better showcase the images.

Please make sure you have downloaded the most recent file.

• Like 3

I have gotten several requests asking if the Earth Image in the platform view could be changed out.    I have to resolve two issues

1  Consoles, Handheld and Pinball  don't return a selected platform therefor No image gets associated and displays a black canvas
2.  When image don't exists for the Playlist or platform a black canvas is displayed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on using fan art by platform and playlists once I can get the default background to override a missing image.  I will distribute a starter set for arcade playlists and selected consoles once i am 100% happy.   

Happy Gaming and 4th of July USA.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NJDave71 said:

I have gotten several requests asking if the Earth Image in the platform view could be changed out.    I have to resolve two issues

1  Consoles, Handheld and Pinball  don't return a selected platform therefor No image gets associated and displays a black canvas
2.  When image don't exists for the Playlist or platform a black canvas is displayed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on using fan art by platform and playlists once I can get the default background to override a missing image.  I will distribute a starter set for arcade playlists and selected consoles once i am 100% happy.   

Happy Gaming and 4th of July USA.

4th of July is like a holiday over there right? So guessing no stream today. 

30 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Yep its the day we declared our independence from the English long ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the stream was cancelled today due to it.

Oh yah you guys use fireworks. Question do Americans do bigger fireworks shows today or new years eve. And do people use at home or is it only at public displays? 

4TH July fireworks are bigger than New Years as to your 2nd part it depends upon the state really as fireworks are illegal in some states and not in others even though they are illegal here in New Jersey my brother blows up around $800 worth every year at his annual 4th of July BBQ which was on Saturday this year.

• Like 1

firework displays are based around state laws.  Many states have laws prohibiting the use of private fireworks.  The 4th of July Firework displays tend to be largest since they are displayed in almost every town in New Jersey.  A law was just passed a few days ago making Sparklers legal but who wants to hold a metal stick in their hand that burns at 3000 degrees.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDave71 said:

I hope everyone is enjoying this theme.  What's your favorite view and is their a view you like to see in the future? 

Happy Gaming 

It's a great theme and I wanted to say thank you very much for putting this together. It might sound a little strange, but if there was a vertical view (instead of horizontal) as an option that would be very interesting :) Also, it would be nice if there was nothing appearing on the screen instead of a screenshot of the fanart appearing when a rom's video is not available. (as shown below)

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.dc1113df92603e2909d006c0f2214d76.jpg

20 hours ago, NJDave71 said:

I hope everyone is enjoying this theme.  What's your favorite view and is their a view you like to see in the future? 

Happy Gaming 

I think the theme is great. I would like to +1 the absence of the smaller windowed fanart in the absence of the video. I would also like the option of hiding the platform details on the platform screen so that it's just the horizontal menu of the clear logos with the platform fanart behind it. I specifically don't download the videos because I'm not a fan of them and the theme is just a bit weird without them.

• 2 weeks later...