LaunchBox Community Forums

Posted (edited)

I present LaunchBox media Manager. I preface that I built this for me thus the functionality may not suit everyone's needs but I'm open to feedback.

Download:

LMM_1_2.7z

1.1 Updates:

• Added platform name to web search and remove "images" as well as open images tab in google
  • Added functionality for videos (snaps and themes)
  • Added ability to copy and paste images from the web (direct image and url)

What it does:

• Select your root LaunchBox Directory.
  • Platforms, Image types, and Game lists will populate.
  • Select a platform and image type.
  • Select a game and see the current image for that title and type. Choosing "Gallery" will show the Box-Front, Marquee, Fanart, and Clear Logo.
  • Drag an image on top of another to replace it or add it to the appropriate folder and the with appropriate name for LaunchBox recognition.
  • Click the "Missing items" filter to only show games that are missing that particular image type and quickly update them by dragging and dropping.
  • Search the web for images for a game title.
  • Open the images directory from the app.

What it does not do:

• Account for titles that have multiple images in the same folder ending with "- 02" or "- 03" etc. (I only consider images ending in "- 01"

Screenshots:

2.png

1.png

3.png

To be done (based on feedback):

• Add functionality for manuals/music

LMM_1_2.7z

Edited by igotdvds
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Great plugin. Search web should also include the name of a platform to give proper Google search results. So I would remove the word "images" and replace it with the platform name. And I would also tell it to auto open Google images tab at the same time. Then we can get the most accurate results without additional clicking every time.

Edited by wirtual82
  • Like 1

Hi I got below error when try to use Your aplication. It seems like it search for xml file not in folder I choose but in folder that You got xml files.

The highlighted text is in polish language but it says that program cant find xml file in specified path - as you can see its different path from what i choose

kk.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hi I got below error when try to use Your aplication. It seems like it search for xml file not in folder I choose but in folder that You got xml files.
The highlighted text is in polish language but it says that program cant find xml file in specified pth - as you can see its different path from what i choose

You can just copy your data folder to the desired path on C: It will work. 

Edited by wirtual82

Ok it works now.

The problem now is that many of my media pictures do not have the exact same name as the game (many of them got "(USA)" or "Europe)" text in file name after game title). They are connect to game in launchbox but when i click "Filter missing items" this games are shown in the list. 

Other question - it is possible to add videos, manuals and music samples to the listing?

Any help will be apriciated.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vahacris said:

Ok it works now.

The problem now is that many of my media pictures do not have the exact same name as the game (many of them got "(USA)" or "Europe)" text in file name after game title). They are connect to game in launchbox but when i click "Filter missing items" this games are shown in the list. 

Other question - it is possible to add videos, manuals and music samples to the listing?

Any help will be apriciated.

Correct. The goal was to standardize to the default launchbox-created file structure "Game title - 01.png". I did not (competency limits) build in the intelligence to account for what you describe as I had few anomalies like you outlined. If you are getting images from the database or emumovies this is a minor issue. If you are importing image packs from other sites, bigger issue.

I will definitely look at adding the other elements you describe. Great idea!

Edited by igotdvds

7 minutes ago, vahacris said:

Thanx for the answer. 

Waiting for new version with videosnaps 😎

Don't forget Themes...I'll do both separately!

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, igotdvds said:

Don't forget Themes...I'll do both separately!

So will you add the features that I mentioned about? It shouldn't be a big deal. But it would be very helpful.

Edited by wirtual82

9 minutes ago, wirtual82 said:

So will you add the features that I mentioned about? It shouldn't be a big deal. But it would be very helpful.

Yup! See first post and the "To be done" section.

• Like 1

I have one more idea. I am not sure if you like it to implement, though. It would be great if we can use 'site' google search command to search through custom websites if we need to. So the ability to search images based on custom urls that we provide. For instance, when I click a button, I get this in google search engine:

Commodore Amiga The Great Giana Sisters site:http://amr.abime.net/

Commodore Amiga The Great Giana Sisters site:http://mobygames.com/

etc. 

Just now, wirtual82 said:

I have one more idea. I am not sure if you like it to implement, though. It would be great if we can use 'site' google search command to search through custom websites if we need to. So the ability to search images based on custom urls that we provide. For instance, when I click a button, I get this in google search engine:

Commodore Amiga The Great Giana Sisters site:http://amr.abime.net/

Commodore Amiga The Great Giana Sisters site:http://mobygames.com/

etc. 

Will consider as well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And one more idea.  Currently, we can only drag and drop. This is really convenient and good way of importing new images. However, sometimes it would be good just to use "copy image to clipboard" and paste it. Maybe some shortcuts etc. It is already a great plugin. But yeah, just a few more ideas for you how it could be made even better.  Maybe not the most essential feature but worth mentioning.  

Edited by wirtual82

1 minute ago, wirtual82 said:

And one more idea.  Currently, we can only drag and drop. This is really convenient and good way of importing new images. However, sometimes it would be good just to use "copy image to clipboard" and paste it. Maybe some shortcuts etc. It is already a great plugin. But yeah, just a few more ideas for you how it could be made even better.  Maybe not the most essential but worth mentioning.  

Another great idea!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, igotdvds said:

Another great idea!

Yeah, this feature isn't even available in Launchbox, which makes adding new images manually a horror :)

24 minutes ago, wirtual82 said:

Yeah, this feature isn't even available in Launchbox, which makes adding new images manually a horror :)

Are you wanting to copy and paste from a folder on your local drive or right click and copy an image from a web browser and expect to paste it in....the latter may be more difficult.

Just now, igotdvds said:

Are you wanting to copy and paste from a folder on your local drive or right click and copy an image from a web browser and expect to paste it in....the latter may be more difficult.

I had in mind copying an image from a web browser, actually. But yeah, whatever is possible.

Just now, wirtual82 said:

I had in mind copying an image from a web browser, actually. But yeah, whatever is possible.

At that point that image may not be stored in a location on your drive that can be pulled from and copied to another place. Researching now...

Just now, igotdvds said:

At that point that image may not be stored in a location on your drive that can be pulled from and copied to another place. Researching now...

Yeah, it should be in the memory/clipboard. We could always save it first if it's not possible.